Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Do you have a link to the LS? I can take a look.
    Here you go. Also I didn't do anything to get this to work for the Groovylock +. I ran this with the older groovylock. Plus I have dacal's code to make the widget fit the 6+.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/arwmzdurnx...theme.rar?dl=0
    Last edited by signori; 2015-01-01 at 05:18 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

Simon (2015-01-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    I again I have been running these for a long time. Demo mode is off. Do you want me to send another screenshot to show you. Sorry but you act like I am a noob. Personally I don't think you got it to work. My opinion. Show me a screenshot.
    I just downloaded it again and did my exact instructions to it like before. The screen shot below is proof it can work. Don't ever imply I'm a liar, Signori, just because you're frustrated.

The widget I have is called something slightly different than yours but I'm pretty sure it's Marty's same mod. It says rainy day at the end - but without the word McFly in the middle. You've done your best to try and make it work so try my config.js and UniAW.js.. attached. But I don't think that will solve your issue. If DemoMode is set to false I don't know what else could make the widget go offline like that unless it can't read your xml file.

Proof:

Link to my config.js and UniAW6.js
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24971703/GrantFiles.zip
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-01 at 05:00 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

SHARON1O (2015-01-03), signori (2015-01-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I just downloaded it again and did my exact instructions to it like before. The screen shot below is proof it can work. Don't ever imply I'm a liar, Signori, just because you're frustrated.

The widget I have is called something slightly different than yours but I'm pretty sure it's Marty's same mod. It says rainy day at the end - but without the word McFly in the middle. You've done your best to try and make it work so try my config.js and UniAW.js.. attached. But I don't think that will solve your issue. If DemoMode is set to false I don't know what else could make the widget go offline like that unless it can't read your xml file.

Proof:

I am glad you showed me it works so there is hope. But you were also trying to find a mistake that I made not to be able to get the widget to work. All these screen shots. I am not a complete noob. Learn to believe word of mouth sometimes. That's what got me frustrated. Thanks for the files. I will take a look.

Thanks

I tried your files. Same thing happens offline demo mode. Must be a tweak on my phone causing this or 6+ problem. Now I am frustrated.
    Last edited by signori; 2015-01-01 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks

I tried your files. Same thing happens offline demo mode. Must be a tweak on my phone causing this or 6+ problem. Now I am frustrated.
    You complained about having to do the code yourself at first and just wanted it done for you - a big problem on this forum - that's why I got frustrated with you.. And even more experienced people make mistakes.. That's why I asked you for the screenshots. But let's put that behind us.. You may have a tweak conflict or there may be some different code in that widget that's different from the one I have.. But the link to your version that you posted gives me a DropBox error when I try to download it. Can you reupload - and use zip to compress it - not .rar, please. I'll test your exact widget to see if that's the variable.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-01 at 05:55 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Proof:

You may want to download his actual LS. It isn't the same one that you have and where these two files you shared are from.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

signori (2015-01-01)

Thanks

Here is the file zipped. Mediafire link and dropbox link. Thanks to everyone for taking a look.

WidgetWeather UniAW6.4 McFly (Rainy Day).theme

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07g3n3jt0n...theme.zip?dl=0

12. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

Clem-Clone (2015-01-03)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey new, so I don't have sbhtml installed and never did(at least showing in cydia under expert).

Do you have any idea why I would get the 256 error after uninstalling the old groovy components?

Thanks

Signori, I think your issue with this LS may be the touch options part. I don't thing the one NewD has working has the touch options part.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-01), signori (2015-01-01)

Thanks

Signori, I think your issue with this LS may be the touch options part. I don't thing the one NewD has working has the touch options part.
    Mine has the touch area..

But Jake did tell me, that nonstandard touch event syntax might make this simple workaround problematic. So I am downloading Signori's actual widget now and see if I can get it to work the simple way.

Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-01 at 06:48 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-01), SHARON1O (2015-01-03), signori (2015-01-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roneraven View Post
    Hey new, so I don't have sbhtml installed and never did(at least showing in cydia under expert).

Do you have any idea why I would get the 256 error after uninstalling the old groovy components?
    In Expert tab do you see the old groovyAPI?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 879 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roneraven View Post

Did you by accident after unistalling everything,you delete the remaining folders through ifile on library forder?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to nik1975 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is so strange. I had it working with the old groovy, Lockhtml 3 and 4 etc on my 6+ and 5s. I don't understand why it won't work with the new groovylock+. I also restored my 5s and have only had groovylock+ running on it. Still won't work. Its pissing me off. I have to find Marty's original copy on my pc and try using that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    Did you by accident after unistalling everything,you delete the remaining folders through ifile on library forder?
    Yes the api was removed as well as groovylock and no I didn't delete anything through ifile. Just removed everything groovy and went to install the +'s and got the error 256 then gave up lol

Thanks

This is so strange. I had it working with the old groovy, Lockhtml 3 and 4 etc on my 6+ and 5s. I don't understand why it won't work with the new groovylock+. I also restored my 5s and have only had groovylock+ running on it. Still won't work. Its pissing me off. I have to find Marty's original copy on my pc and try using that.
    You have a genuine mystery on your hands there, Signori. As you can see it works on my iPhone 6. Only using the very simple update I told you about at the beginning. And Accuweather = false.

Though one mystery I have is why it's showing sunshine with stars in the background at the same time. Maybe that's the way Marty designed it?

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-01), signori (2015-01-01)

Thanks

All of those use the regular webview. One of the bugs with wkwebview is that it can't read local files without a workaround. The options cookie file created by that LS is possibly what is causing you issues with getting it converted to work with GL+.

The xml test part in the update weather portion could also be causing you the issue. With that in there the quick and dirty conversion code won't work as NewD has it in his second post.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-01), jawonder (2015-01-02)

Thanks

You have a genuine mystery on your hands there, Signori. As you can see it works on my iPhone 6. Only using the very simple update I told you about at the beginning. And Accuweather = false.

Though one mystery I have is why it's showing sunshine with stars in the background at the same time. Maybe that's the way Marty designed it?
    Is that running on Groovylock+? Also the stars are part of the wallpaper. Now I am pissed.I used Marty's original verson the one that doesn't have accuweather and it worked. But couldn't get the hourly and forecast to work. Then I put the original one I sent you and got the same demo mode offline. I can't even get it to work on a fresh restored iphone 5s.

Thanks

Upload your uniaw6.js and config files for him from what you just did with his exact LS. I can give it a go to on my i6 too. Mobile right now but I should be able to test it.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Is that running on Groovylock+?
    Yes. I'm sorry.. In GL+ - with my simple fix.
    Upload your uniaw6.js and config files for him from what you just did with his exact LS. I can give it a go to on my i6 too. Mobile right now but I should be able to test it.
    Will do.. The cookie won't break the code in GL+, Simon... All fine for me after simply applying my quick fix from post 2. I believe something on Signori's phone is preventing it from working.. But having said that… let's get corroboration from it running on your phone, Simon. I will post the config.JS and UniAW6.JS files that are running on my phone currently that specific widget.

My files:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24971703/gra...%20signori.zip
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-01 at 08:41 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes. I'm sorry.. In GL+ - with my simple fix.
    Will do.. The cookie won't break the code in GL+, Simon... All fine for me after simply applying my quick fix from post 2. I believe something on Signori's phone is preventing it from working.. But having said that… let's get corroboration from it running on your phone, Simon. I will post the config.JS and UniAW6.JS files that are running on my phone currently that specific widget.
    Good to know. Wasn't sure if it would so was just throwing out some ideas as to why it isn't working for him.
    From your screenshot looks like whatever code he had to upsize the LS to i6 size isn't working in GL+ either.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-01-03), chevymusclecar (2015-01-01)

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast