Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

Have done the icleaner pro test and all works fine until groovyapi+ enabled....
    Now I know this is what groovyboard and lock require to extract info but phone is as fast as ever until I turn groovyapi+ on.

And I removed the ram modifier before carrying out the icleaner pro test

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC View Post
    Have done the icleaner pro test and all works fine until groovyapi+ enabled....
    Now I know this is what groovyboard and lock require to extract info but phone is as fast as ever until I turn groovyapi+ on.

And I removed the ram modifier before carrying out the icleaner pro test
    Weird. You're the first to describe this behavior that I've heard. Sorry it's not working for you.

So try leaving GAPI+ on and turn everything else off to see if there is something conflicting with it.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    So try leaving GAPI+ on and turn everything else off to see if there is something conflicting with it.
    Did the above and all I could really see a slight difference in performance was if I turned off spin settings, rotating settings icon so I re enabled and removed said tweak but it was only a slight noticeable impact

Ok I have a pretty simple question. I'm on 8.4 on iPhone 6+. Which HTML platform should I use for the best stability on lockscreen and springboard. Bear in mind it would just be themes like Uniaw 7.1 no widgets. Should it be groovy board/lock sbhtml, ????

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanDC For This Useful Post:

MrDLewis321 (2015-10-27)

Ok I have a pretty simple question. I'm on 8.4 on iPhone 6+. Which HTML platform should I use for the best stability on lockscreen and springboard. Bear in mind it would just be themes like Uniaw 7.1 no widgets. Should it be groovy board/lock sbhtml, ????
    U wood probably get re-Spring. GL+ or GB+ 8.4 works fine.

9.0.2 animation great on i6+ i6s+ is fine from me having 20 tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDLewis321 View Post
    U wood probably get re-Spring. GL+ or GB+ 8.4 works fine.

9.0.2 animation great on i6+ i6s+ is fine from me having 20 tweaks.
    See I had gb+ and gl+ and I was getting more than a few resprings, caused mostly due to excess ram usage I believe.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanDC For This Useful Post:

MrDLewis321 (2015-10-27)

See I had gb+ and gl+ and I was getting more than a few resprings, caused mostly due to excess ram usage I believe.
    Strange. I didn't on my i6+. Using GL+ animation Sb too. Maybe tweak conflict or widget. Trust me I had lot of sauces. Tweaks and mods lol.

Thanks

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    You likely had a tweak conflict of run your passcode lock on.

GL+/GB+ are bullet proof from resprings on 6/6+ if you don't have a diseased tweak or with your passcode lock off.

I have heard reports of some respringing on 6+ on 8.4 with GroovyPlus stuff - but only when passcode lock is on.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

MrDLewis321 (2015-10-27)

Thanks

Ryan, If you turn off passcode lock and still have the resprings then you should restore to 8.4 with Cydia Impactor 8 and re-JB. Something's wrong there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

MrDLewis321 (2015-10-27)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't say GB+ and GL+ are "bullet proof" with passcode lock off or without a diseased tweak. I still had the occasional respring, but I also had a poop ton of tweaks. The more tweaks you have, the more RAM you use, the more likely your phone will respring. Just because you don't have a "diseased" tweak doesn't mean you still can't respring.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

MrDLewis321 (2015-10-27)

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Ryan, If you turn off passcode lock and still have the resprings then you should restore to 8.4 with Cydia Impactor 8 and re-JB. Something's wrong there.
    I can confirm that I didn't have a passcode on, I followed every instruction to the letter when installing the groovy IPAs.

Issue I had more than anything was if I selected Uniaw 7.1 it would never display correctly, on LS it would state there was no valid xml file( I think that's what it said)

Only mod I could see that worked and I liked the look of it was orange Freddie's BTTF modded for rc10, the one from page 1 on workaround strategies topic.

I'm currently using time circuits for iPhone 6+/6s+ and only "animation" that has is the blinking seconds lights on the 3 lines of date read outs.

I'm using groovylock and sbhtml, should I use anything different?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    I wouldn't say GB+ and GL+ are "bullet proof" with passcode lock off or without a diseased tweak. I still had the occasional respring, but I also had a poop ton of tweaks. The more tweaks you have, the more RAM you use, the more likely your phone will respring. Just because you don't have a "diseased" tweak doesn't mean you still can't respring.
    I also a killer load of tweaks and 0 resprings on my 6. Some on 6+ had your experience too Padg but very few. I agree with your assessment of RAM. But WKWebView's thumbprint in RAM is so tiny. I guess billet proof might be overstated - but most 6+ people reported 0 resprings. Those who had any resprings with the 6+ were very very few.

Thanks

I can confirm that I didn't have a passcode on, I followed every instruction to the letter when installing the groovy IPAs.

Issue I had more than anything was if I selected Uniaw 7.1 it would never display correctly, on LS it would state there was no valid xml file( I think that's what it said)

Only mod I could see that worked and I liked the look of it was orange Freddie's BTTF modded for rc10, the one from page 1 on workaround strategies topic.

I'm currently using time circuits for iPhone 6+/6s+ and only "animation" that has is the blinking seconds lights on the 3 lines of date read outs.

I'm using groovylock and sbhtml, should I use anything different?
    Ryan. Your issues have always baffled me as you've been the only one to have them.. I can't help you with something I've never been able to reproduce on my phone. UniAW 7.1 works perfectly for everyone when set up correctly. When running with the G+ tweaks you need to add the one line of code to the main.js that both Ian explains on his post #1 of his thread and I explain in post #2 of this thread. I assume you've already tried that as its been mentioned so many times and you're not a noob.. When using the non-plus versions of Groovy stuff - U7 right from Ian's thread should work as is. Don't know what more I can do, bro.

Though post a link to a zip of your xml file - for me to test for one rare fluke I have encountered with two other people outside of US.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-10-28 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

But WKWebView's thumbprint in RAM is so tiny.
    Is this something you actually know to be true or just something you have assumed? Tiny in comparison to what?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Is this something you actually know to be true or just something you have assumed? Tiny in comparison to what?
    Yeah.. Remember those stats we saw early in iOS 8 Simon? There was that website with the testing showing 90% usage with UI and 15% with WK? And it's "tiny" in comparison to UIWebKit.

It's possible that article I'm remembering was referring to CPU usage.. I know you'll remember and your Google FU will dazzle us all..

My main point to Padg, that I don't want to get lost here (with a "red herring" argument ) is that WKWebKit is way more efficient at running animation than UIWebKit. That's testable/provable in 100% of cases.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-10-28 at 02:42 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2015-10-28)

Thanks

Yeah.. Remember those stats we saw early in iOS 8 Simon? There was that website with the testing showing 90% usage with UI and 15% with WK? And it's "tiny" in comparison to UIWebKit.

It's possible that article I'm remembering was referring to CPU usage.. I know you'll remember and your Google FU will dazzle us all..

My main point to Padg, that I don't want to get lost here (with a "red herring" argument ) is that WKWebKit is way more efficient at running animation than UIWebKit. That's testable/provable in 100% of cases.
    Ya, those tests were for cpu usage. Not saying it doesn't use less ram too (I think it more than likely does), just wondered if you had actually read that somewhere.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Ya, those tests were for cpu usage. Not saying it doesn't use less ram too (I think it more than likely does), just wondered if you had actually read that somewhere.
    Fair challenge. Not that I recall - just boiling it down to simple soundbites to help people understand that WK is the better choice.

I've also found in my recent testing that I can get my 6S+ with 2GB of RAM to respring in the presence of animation running on both LS & SB - while having 530MB of RAM leftover.. which sorta indicates than RAM isn't the whole issue with high animation respringing issues. There is certainly some aspect of UIWebKit that is very inefficient to the task of running HTML.

This means that even 2GB phone owners will still need the G+ tweaks updated to stay respring free in the presence of animation on both LS and SB.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-10-28 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks

Fair challenge. Not that I recall - just boiling it down to simple soundbites to help people understand that WK is the better choice.

I've also found in my recent testing that I can get my 6S+ with 2GB of RAM to respring in the presence of animation running on both LS & SB - while having 530MB of RAM leftover.. which sorta indicates than RAM isn't the whole issue with high animation respringing issues. There is certainly some aspect of UIWebKit that is very inefficient to the task of running HTML.

This means that even 2GB phone owners will still need the G+ tweaks updated to stay respring free in the presence of animation on both LS and SB.
    Found this: Using the iOS 8 WKWebView with Telerik AppBuilder -Telerik Developer Network

Ryan. Your issues have always baffled me as you've been the only one to have them.. I can't help you with something I've never been able to reproduce on my phone. UniAW 7.1 works perfectly for everyone when set up correctly. When running with the G+ tweaks you need to add the one line of code to the main.js that both Ian explains on his post #1 of his thread and I explain in post #2 of this thread. I assume you've already tried that as its been mentioned so many times and you're not a noob.. When using the non-plus versions of Groovy stuff - U7 right from Ian's thread should work as is. Don't know what more I can do, bro.

Though post a link to a zip of your xml file - for me to test for one rare fluke I have encountered with two other people outside of US.
    Well I do like being unique I'll zip up and link soon as I can dude

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanDC For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-10-29)

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast