Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    The 6+ will lag if you have too many animations.
    Thanks, King! I didn't know that about the 6+ with animation.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-08-07)

Only got the animations that are stock for the GB theme. I've disabled certain ones but seems to have very little effect.
    And yes I currently find myself respringing every hour or maybe slightly less than that.
    Other than that I have no other problems

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC View Post
    Only got the animations that are stock for the GB theme. I've disabled certain ones but seems to have very little effect.
    And yes I currently find myself respringing every hour or maybe slightly less than that.
    Other than that I have no other problems
    Running any animation at all in iOS 8 pretty much requires GL+/GB+ if you want to stay respring free.

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Running any animation at all in iOS 8 pretty much requires GL+/GB+ if you want to stay respring free.
    They are what I've got

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC View Post
    They are what I've got
    Are you also using in any iWidgets?

No iwidgets

Thanks

Interesting. Most people report they are respring free on 6 and 6+ using GL+ and GB+ to run their animated SB and LS widgets. I 'have' heard of a few 6+ owners saying the occasional respring happens even using the G+ versions. Maybe you're just in that category. Could be some other tweak you use that's gobbling up memory. I have no other thoughts, ryan. Sorry.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

ryanDC (2015-08-11)

I thought GL+ and GB+ weren't working under 8.4?

They work best in 8.3/4

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

12. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (2015-08-12)

Additional note!
    What is meant by the term "pretty much" is that you need GB+ to run animation on the springboard in iOS 8. For the LS in iOS8 you also could use cydgets.
    Cydgets also run animation respring free.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-08-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Additional note!
    What is meant by the term "pretty much" is that you need GB+ to run animation on the springboard in iOS 8. For the LS in iOS8 you also could use cydgets.
    Not for me and many others it doesn't, Ras. Any HTML player that utilizes UIWebKit is respring prone in iOS8. Even with the Saurik touch. I've heard loads of respring reports form people running Cydgets with animations.

Interesting. Most people report they are respring free on 6 and 6+ using GL+ and GB+ to run their animated SB and LS widgets. I 'have' heard of a few 6+ owners saying the occasional respring happens even using the G+ versions. Maybe you're just in that category. Could be some other tweak you use that's gobbling up memory. I have no other thoughts, ryan. Sorry.
    Thanks NewD
    I am sifting through my list of tweaks to see if there could be anything remotely connected.
    I'll keep searching
    Thanks for your input

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanDC For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-08-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Additional note!
    Load up uniaw, a slideshow LS or any LS that uses a lot of animation or has a large memory footprint and you are going to get just as many resprings with cydget as you would with any other LS tweak.

Thanks

Is there an echo in here?
    Yes, a confirmation echo

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-08-12)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Load up uniaw, a slideshow LS or any LS that uses a lot of animation or has a large memory footprint and you are going to get just as many resprings with cydget as you would with any other LS tweak.
    That maybe the case for the ip6 and ip6+, however my 5S runs rock solid with cydgets and plenty of animation on iOS 8.4, so does my iPad mini on iOS 8.3.
    I felt I needed to make the comment as Grant did not specified any Apple device. He only talked about iOS 8 and from my experience cydgets work respring free for me, otherwise I would not use it.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

Thanks

That maybe the case for the ip6 and ip6+, however my 5S runs rock solid with cydgets and plenty of animation on iOS 8.4, so does my iPad mini on iOS 8.3.
    I felt I needed to make the comment as Grant did not specified any Apple device. He only talked about iOS 8 and from my experience cydgets work respring free for me, otherwise I would not use it.
    Well ya, a 5s you can pretty much throw the kitchen sink at them and be fine. My i5 is the same way, can't say I remember it ever respringing with any LS tweak. I think it's pretty well established by now when people speak of resprings etc they mean iPhone 6/6 plus.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

bliken (2015-08-12), King_O_Hill (2015-08-12)

Thanks

Fair enuff.. But you also didn't specify 5/5S in your post either, Ras.. and just made a broad statement. The other disclaimer that needs to be made is that Cydgets with animation need to be properly split into their foreground and background layers for them not to respring on a 5S too in iOS8. Most users have no idea how to do that - so will be prone to respringing if they just try the quick and dirty conversion method to Cydgets.

UIWebkit is dead. Likely won't even be available in iOS 9. Saurik got lucky to have still put UIWebKit at the heart of his his "approved" HTML player tweak in iOS 8. And it really only works fairly well in 5/5S. I'm guessing the vast majority of users here are on the newer phones. For them Cydgets is no real alternative for respring free.

"The other disclaimer that needs to be made is that Cydgets with animation need to be properly split into their foreground and background layers for them not to respring on a 5S too in iOS8. Most users have no idea how to do that - so will be prone to respringing if they just try the quick and dirty conversion method to Cydgets."
    I'll give it a go if someone helped me, I've no idea on html coding.
    Last edited by Simon; 2015-08-12 at 04:21 PM.

I believe for say UniAW7 we just put all the animations on the back layer and everything else on the front layer. It just has 2 HTML files and 2 Main.js files to accomplish this. There are only a couple of edits to make it work correctly in Cydia.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

28. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-08-12)

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast