Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 984 Posts

Try to check the Permissions, must be (0777) set Write, Read, Execute for User, Group, World then click on top "Apply Hierarchically "

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks Pibe77 forgot about permissions will take a look now

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanDC For This Useful Post:

Pibe77 (2015-06-01)

Setting correct permissions hasn't worked either at a loose end now

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Do you also have WidgetWeather installed? And it's set to GPS mode?
    Is there a widgetweather.xml file in your var/mobile/Documents folder?

Thanks

If yes to the above questions.. Then make sure a copy of UniAW7..BTTF.theme widget is placed both in var/mobile/Library/Groovylock AND in var/mobile/Library/Groovyboard.

Also I just realized that the version I uploaded had a config.js file set for Animations Only use..

So in the .theme folder itself (in both locations I mention above) please replace the config.js there with this one.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24971703/LS%...for%20BTTF.zip

The widget works perfectly for me in GroovyLock+ and GroovyBoard+. Should work for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Do you also have WidgetWeather installed? And it's set to GPS mode?
    Is there a widgetweather.xml file in your var/mobile/Documents folder?

"The answer my friend.....is blowing in the wind"
    Sorry couldn't resist that,
    The answer is yes to both.

I'll try the config you posted...stay tuned

Thanks

If that still doesn't work.. then the last thing to check is in your widgetweather.xml file itself.. Look for the < updatetimestring >.. and see if there's a value there. If not.. Then that's your problem. We've only seen very few of these.. But some places around the globe, weather.com, doesn't report an updatetimestring value - and all the widgets we use here are based on that value being in the widgetweather.xml. Make sure you don't have the tweak, FORECAST, installed as it will cause this problem. But the problem has also appeared without Forecast installed too.

If that still doesn't work.. then the last thing to check is in your widgetweather.xml file itself.. Look for the < updatetimestring >.. and see if there's a value there. If not.. Then that's your problem. We've only seen very few of these.. But some places around the globe, weather.com, doesn't report an updatetimestring value - and all the widgets we use here are based on that value being in the widgetweather.xml. Make sure you don't have the tweak, FORECAST, installed as it will cause this problem. But the problem has also appeared without Forecast installed too.
    Will the problem you posted in the quote actually stop the theme itself from showing at all?
    After changing config file in both directories...and yes I overwrote the existing ones....it's just as though I've not done anything, springboard and lock screen just look same...would having lockinfo cause any conflict?

I have tried removing and reinstalling all groovy apps from first post inc. api....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC View Post
    Will the problem you posted in the quote actually stop the theme itself from showing at all?
    After changing config file in both directories...and yes I overwrote the existing ones....it's just as though I've not done anything, springboard and lock screen just look same...would having lockinfo cause any conflict?

I have tried removing and reinstalling all groovy apps from first post inc. api....
    LockInfo did cause a conflict with WidgetWeather at the beginning but then later versions seemed to be okay.. I don't think it's that.. And, yes, if the < updatetimestring > value in the widgetweather.xml is empty it will render the entire widget blank. Check that next.

LockInfo did cause a conflict with WidgetWeather at the beginning but then later versions seemed to be okay.. I don't think it's that.. And, yes, if the < updatetimestring > value in the widgetweather.xml is empty it will render the entire widget blank. Check that next.
    There is date and time in update time string

Don't know if it's relevant but every time i go into groovylock settings and then tap the theme selection menu it crashes settings but then works fine after that......I thought it may be a faulty install that's what made me initially decide to reinstall everything

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Just been looking at some more previous comments, do I need convergence installed or is that not needed?
    Last edited by ryanDC; 2015-06-01 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks

Just been looking at some more previous comments, do I need convergence installed or is that not needed?
    That is not needed.

The 'tapping' on the theme and then it crashing settings is not good. It means it's really never choosing the theme and applying it. You got the '0' result code after each .deb install of all 3 packages?

If all of that went well.. then you should be up and running. It works perfect for me on my iPhone 6 with all 3 installed and that exact theme installed. The only other thing I tell people at this point is that there's likely a conflict with another tweak you're using.. And these are the steps to check for that:

In Cydia click on Sources then Edit then Add and add the repo the 'exile90software.com/cydia/'.. Click on All Packages then install iCleanerPro.

Open the app - and in bottom left hand corner, clik on '+' sign.. Then clik on Cydia Substrates. In the next window - turn off every switch except,

GroovyLock(+)
    GroovyBoard(+)
    GroovyAPI(+)
    IconSupport (if you have it)
    Homescreen Designer (if you have it)
    Iconoclasm (if you have it)
    Winterboard
    iCleanerLib
    MobileSafety
    WidgetWeather2

Respring..

your phone will look a little lifeless without all the rest of your tweaks active.. But then try the BTTF UniAW7 widget and see if it loads. If IT WORKS - then one of the tweaks that you just disabled in iCleaner is the cause of your troubles. Then the hard task begins - of turning each switch back on in the Cydia Substrates window of iCleanerPro, one by one, and respringing until the widget stops working again When that happens - THAT'S your conflict tweak - the one you just turned back on. You'll need to get rid of it..

IF, however - after you've turned off all those switches - the widget still doesn't work - then there's a corruption somewhere.. and only a re-jailbreak will likely help.

Good luck.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

ryanDC (2015-06-01)

That is not needed.

The 'tapping' on the theme and then it crashing settings is not good. It means it's really never choosing the theme and applying it. You got the '0' result code after each .deb install of all 3 packages?

If all of that went well.. then you should be up and running. It works perfect for me on my iPhone 6 with all 3 installed and that exact theme installed. The only other thing I tell people at this point is that there's likely a conflict with another tweak you're using.. And these are the steps to check for that:
    Ah icleaner not had that for a while.....ok will give that ago...if it helps I've just tried the widget weather base applied on lock screen and it does act as though it's there albeit lock screen is just like a really blurred blank canvas with slide to unlock showing.

Also there's the scroll bars both horizontal and vertical moving as I slide around albeit nothing shown on LS as I said.

So it looks like it's not loading the info as far as I can see

Thanks

Ah icleaner not had that for a while.....ok will give that ago...if it helps I've just tried the widget weather base applied on lock screen and it does act as though it's there albeit lock screen is just like a really blurred blank canvas with slide to unlock showing.

Also there's the scroll bars both horizontal and vertical moving as I slide around albeit nothing shown on LS as I said.

So it looks like it's not loading the info as far as I can see
    Well the widgetweather base needs to have you go into the config.js and set the GroovyPlus switch to TRUE.. before it will work. Make sure that switch is set to TRUE. It's default position is to FALSE.

Any widget you use in GL+ or GB+ has to be written FOR those. Not all widgets will work in GB+/GL+. Some have switches to set to TRUE in the config.js and some do not.

Well the widgetweather base needs to have you go into the config.js and set the GroovyPlus switch to TRUE.. before it will work. Make sure that switch is set to TRUE. It's default position is to FALSE.

Any widget you use in GL+ or GB+ has to be written FOR those. Not all widgets will work in GB+/GL+. Some have switches to set to TRUE in the config.js and some do not.
    I had switched it to true that's when it was still blank on the LS but I don't know if the base actually shows any data?

The BTTF theme doesn't have that switch in the config file, but you said you had it working....

Thanks

I had switched it to true that's when it was still blank on the LS but I don't know if the base actually shows any data?
    Yes. The base shows lots of data.
    The BTTF theme doesn't have that switch in the config file, but you said you had it working....
    Yes. I do.

Your last avenue of hope is the iCleanerPro testing I shared. Let me know how it goes. If after turning off all Cydia Substrates except the ones I mentioned - you still can't get it to work - then you'll need to wait til a new jailbreak is available - as you have some corruption somewhere. In the 6 or 7 cases we've looked at with this issue, you'd be the 3rd to not be able to get it to work at all with no apparent substrate conflict - and a re-jailbreak is the only remedy. But hundreds and hundreds have it working just fine. So the issue is definitely confined to your phone (or some other user error you're not hinting at - so I could help you find it.. ).. Hope the iCleanerPro testing helps you find the conflict.

Yes. The base shows lots of data.
    Yes. I do.

Your last avenue of hope is the iCleanerPro testing I shared. Let me know how it goes. If after turning off all Cydia Substrates except the ones I mentioned - you still can't get it to work - then you'll need to wait til a new jailbreak is available - as you have some corruption somewhere. In the 6 or 7 cases we've looked at with this issue, you'd be the 3rd to not be able to get it to work at all with no apparent substrate conflict - and a re-jailbreak is the only remedy. But hundreds and hundreds have it working just fine. So the issue is definitely confined to your phone (or some other user error you're not hinting at - so I could help you find it.. ).. Hope the iCleanerPro testing helps you find the conflict.
    Well after using semi restore which I've used before I completely bricked my iPhone 6+ and ended up upgrading my contract to get a replacement phone...so I'm now on 8.3 no jailbreak YET

Thanks

Well after using semi restore which I've used before I completely bricked my iPhone 6+ and ended up upgrading my contract to get a replacement phone...so I'm now on 8.3 no jailbreak YET
    You should have followed my 'remove Cydia Substrate' method.. before going to Semi-Restore. Semi-Restore and iLexR.A.T have both been known to have problems in iOS8. Well.. we may have a jailbreak in the near future.. Hopefully..

You should have followed my 'remove Cydia Substrate' method.. before going to Semi-Restore. Semi-Restore and iLexR.A.T have both been known to have problems in iOS8. Well.. we may have a jailbreak in the near future.. Hopefully..
    I tried that first matey couldn't find a problem so did the restore as a last resort.
    Nay mind phone is working as had to put into recovery and update that way as normal startup mode not getting past apple logo, it want a boot loop it just showed initial apple logo for approx 10 seconds then switched off.
    Hopefully July is the month for me

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast