Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, it would need to be formatted exactly the way WW.xml formats it.
    My code I posted 'was' coded to format perfectly to the xml file's string for updatetimestring - and worked perfectly in both widgets I added it to - including UniAW7.1.. Shigo must have accidentally changed something else or used a widget that was coded slightly differently than the ones I tested. I would never post a fix here that I hadn't thoroughly tested..

Shigo - zip up your widget and post a link to it here for me..
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-04-11 at 04:45 AM.

I wasn't saying yours was wrong bro, I was just agreeing that it must be formatted exactly.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-04-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I wasn't saying yours was wrong bro, I was just agreeing that it must be formatted exactly.
    Underdtood, Bri.. I wrote that post more for Shigo. It's likely his widget is written differently - though I thought when he first talked to us it was U7.1 he had trouble with..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-04-11)

Quote Originally Posted by shigo11 View Post
    Ok I added the code saved and respring - widget doesn't work (as it was until the new code changes )
    ...I have the feeling it's maybe that the string that we are building is missing something in compare to the TRUE updatetimestring - "2015-04-10 11:56:00 AM". ....maybe it's " " ( blank spaces ) - What Do U think ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NewD - sorry for the last post - code that is rebuilding the string of the date time is working - actually it's working great - I just re copy and paste again - after respring - it's started to work - my bad ....I guess fist time yesterday I re edit I made a mistake
    All I need now is the "sunrise" & "sunset" times - maybe I can use Ras code for that - I'll see what I can grab from there and see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shigo11 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-04-12)

Thanks

This was a well known thing from the beginning of IOS 8, Meth. Not quite sure 'what' you and Jazzman 'discovered'... ? Any level of UIWebKit animation on the LS has caused respringing without GL+ since October. Even simple widgets with only fade-in WebKit-transform animation in the css seem to be able to trigger the auto-resprings.. as my tests with the 02_WidgetWeather_Base showed a few days ago. IPhone 5 has the least trouble.. iPhone 6+, the worst.

Maybe you can explain it a little differently so that I can understand what you've 'discovered' last three weeks - that's different than what we've known since October.

And what do you mean by the term "'custom' resprings"
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-04-11 at 01:15 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-04-11)

well i did not know that about LS part and did not read anywhere that anyone posted that was a major problem is with LS widgets
    i will edit my post,
    sorry to mention what's already know
    i must been living under a rock
    Last edited by #m37h{; 2015-04-11 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meth357 View Post
    well i did not know that about LS part and did not read anywhere that anyone posted that was a major problem is with LS widgets
    i will edit my post,
    sorry to mention what's already know
    i must been living under a rock
    Wow, bro!.. .. I thought for sure you were with us through all the early days of iOS8 when everyone was respringing in the presence of LS widgets.. That's the whole impetus that had Jake create GroovyLock+ and GroovyBoard+ - to prevent the respringing. It's what this entire thread I created is about.. Good news is that you can get rid of the respringing.. Just install GL+ and gAPI+ (from page 1 in my thread here).

It doesn't surprise me that Jazzman didn't know - because he pretty much stays in just 1 or 2 theme threads. But you're everywhere and in the UniAW7 thread where it was the main thing we've talked about for months.

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Wow, bro!.. .. I thought for sure you were with us through all the early days of iOS8 when everyone was respringing in the presence of LS widgets.. That's the whole impetus that had Jake create GroovyLock+ and GroovyBoard+ - to prevent the respringing. It's what this entire thread I created is about.. Good news is that you can get rid of the respringing.. Just install GL+ and gAPI+ (from page 1 in my thread here).

It doesn't surprise me that Jazzman didn't know - because he pretty much stays in just 1 or 2 theme threads. But you're everywhere and in the UniAW7 thread where it was the main thing we've talked about for months.
    well i was without a phone for a while,not sure but i think ios 8.1.2 was already out when i got my phone,maybe that is why i missed that stuff...was thinking about GB+ but naah i don't really need GB+,i don't even use any LS widgets

Thanks

Okay.. I'd forgotten you were without a JB for that period of time..

You don't use LS widgets? Wow.. I thought that was one of the main reasons people jailbroke.. besides themes.. ..

You don't use LS widgets? Wow.. I thought that was one of the main reasons people jailbroke.. besides themes.. ..
    i like a pic of my daughter on my LS and nothing more,mainly i use SB widgets but as time go by i like my SB clean too so i'm using less and less widgets,but i'm heavy equiped with tweaks

Thanks
    Thanked 10,989 Times in 2,041 Posts

well i was without a phone for a while,not sure but i think ios 8.1.2 was already out when i got my phone,maybe that is why i missed that stuff...was thinking about GB+ but naah i don't really need GB+,i don't even use any LS widgets

I don't use any LS widget either. I can't take the updating delay in the clock with GL+, and if I run a widget with no built-in animations in another LS player (i.e. Convergance), I then get 3 or 4 resprings a day. This is with UniAW running in GB+. Running the combination of the stock LS with Convergance and UniAW with GB+ keeps me respring free.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sital For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-04-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sital View Post
    I don't use any LS widget either. I can't take the updating delay in the clock with GL+, and if I run a widget with no built-in animations in another LS player (i.e. Convergance), I then get 3 or 4 resprings a day. This is with UniAW running in GB+. Running the combination of the stock LS with Convergance and UniAW with GB+ keeps me respring free.
    I am Respring free with UniAW7.1 running on both LS and SB .. GL+, GB+.. And no update lag with clock on my LS by using the tweak Insomnia. Perfectly stable.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-04-12), bliken (2015-04-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,989 Times in 2,041 Posts

I am Respring free with UniAW7.1 running on both LS and SB .. GL+, GB+.. And no update lag with clock on my LS by using the tweak Insomnia. Perfectly stable.
    I haven't tried Insomnia, but right now I have no white screens and want to keep it that way (or has that issue been fixed?). While a LS widget would be nice, it's not a big deal for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sital View Post
    I haven't tried Insomnia, but right now I have no white screens and want to keep it that way (or has that issue been fixed?). While a LS widget would be nice, it's not a big deal for me.
    I get 1 white screen a day.. Some days - nine.. But I'm on a 6.. Some 6+ people using Insomnia say they got 'more' white screens with it - but then others say no correlation.

i like a pic of my daughter on my LS and nothing more,mainly i use SB widgets but as time go by i like my SB clean too so i'm using less and less widgets,but i'm heavy equiped with tweaks
    LOL
    I have it the other way around, no SB widgets at all, all info I need on LS, current weather (with animation), forecast next 3 days and nights in text format, hourly forecast for next 32 hours and Google Maps with address. Obviously not all on one LS - overload! - but in 4 cydgets, so maximum of 4 home button presses is all I require, don't even need to unlock. Haha!
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-04-13), Boots (2015-04-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    LOL
    I have it the other way around, no SB widgets at all, all info I need on LS, current weather (with animation), forecast next 3 days and nights in text format, hourly forecast for next 32 hours and Google Maps with address. Obviously not all on one LS - overload! - but in 4 cydgets, so maximum of 4 home button presses is all I require, don't even need to unlock. Haha!
    Sounds like a great setup, Ras. That's one feature I always really liked about Cydget was the multiple Cydget cycle-thru windows. One of its best features..

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

rasputin007 (2015-04-13)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    LOL
    i always wanted to try cydgets, i think it is about time i go for it,maybe there will be no respring with them.(i hope)

Thanks

i always wanted to try cydgets, i think it is about time i go for it,maybe there will be no respring with them.(i hope)
    Oh - I assure you.. Cydgets with animation Respring just like all other UIWebKit-based LS players. Been there - tested that... LOOL! Cydgets are not immune..

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-04-13)

Oh - I assure you.. Cydgets with animation Respring just like all other UIWebKit-based LS players. Been there - tested that... LOOL! Cydgets are not immune..
    you are always helpful mate,thank you

29. The Following User Says Thank You to #m37h{ For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-04-13)

I guess I am lucky having an "old" 5S, which does not produce any resprings using cydgets with animation. Otherwise I would not use cydgets or anything else that would cause resprings.
    The whole point of moddding is to enhance the mobile and not to diminish it's funcionality.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2015-04-13), NewD (2015-04-13)

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast