Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

iPhone? More like MyPhone knowledge561's Avatar
    Thanks

Not even getting a black screen. Screen is completely normal like I dont even have the widget enabled. I enabled groovylock+ in settings and checked the theme, rebooted, respringed, nothing. No black background, no nothing. Like the app doesnt even work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 879 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Tutorial for WidgetWeather.xml-based LS and SB widgets posted in Post #2.
    If I understand right,the tutorial in post 2 is how to convert all our old widgetweather that worked with Sbhtml nag Groovulock old with the new versions,am I right?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    If I understand right,the tutorial in post 2 is how to convert all our old widgetweather that worked with Sbhtml nag Groovulock old with the new versions,am I right?
    You are correct.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-01 at 07:13 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-01)

Thanks

You are correct.
    Cool,I ll start today to use the new ones,time for conventions!

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

So here's the quick and dirty method to mod widgetweather.xml-reading LS and SB widgets for use in GL+ and GB+ (with groovyAPI+):

STEP 1
    With iFile or Filza on your phone go into the Javascript folder of your LS or SB widget folder and open "main.js" or "UniAW6.js" and look for this line of code:
    Code:
    jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    ..and add two forward slashes in front of that line so it looks like this:
    Code:
    //jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    STEP 2
    Now underneath that line of code that is now, what we call, 'commented out' (no longer running because of the 2 forward slashes)
    add this line of code:
    Code:
    groovyAPI.do ( { read: "widgetweather.xml" }, function(data) {
    Make sure nothing is after the last curved bracket '{' on that line..

Save the changes and you're done.

Simply - Choose your Lockscreen or SB widget in GroovyLock+ or GroovyBoard+ and Respring. And, if you're running no iWidgets, you should be random respring free.

Now THAT was easy - wasn't it!!! This will permanently convert your widget to be used only in GL+ or GB+. It will no longer work in Convergence, LockHTML 3 or 4 or GroovyLock (original).
    So this code will work with Marty's WidgetWeather UniAW6.4 McFly (Rainy Day).theme. If not can you post what you did to get it to work since you got it to work with groovylock+. Thanks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

SHARON1O (2015-01-01)

Thanks

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
    Not even getting a black screen. Screen is completely normal like I dont even have the widget enabled. I enabled groovylock+ in settings and checked the theme, rebooted, respringed, nothing. No black background, no nothing. Like the app doesnt even work.
    Are you trying to have something on your LockScreen or your Springboard (home page)? And do your windows look like this?

Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-01 at 07:16 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    So this code will work with Marty's WidgetWeather UniAW6.4 McFly (Rainy Day).theme. If not can you post what you did to get it to work since you got it to work with groovylock+. Thanks.
    It'll work, Signori, if you follow my instructions very carefully. You WILL be successful. If you're not.. Then you did something wrong... go back and try again..

One secret about that widget.. MAKE SURE - in the Config.js file you set Use_Accuweather = false... It can NOT be set to true.

And, no, as I said in my first post of this thread - I will not be 'converting widgets for' nor 'sharing widgets with' people here. I am here only to help YOU learn how to do it for yourself - or as a team amongst yourselves.

New widget mods posted in other threads already converted for GL+/GB+ I'll put a link to in Post #3 of this thread.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-01), Hip5 (2015-02-14)

Thanks

NewdestinyX , even that I unistall it the 3 old packages,still take 256 error when I try to install the new ones!

Thanks

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1420094045.161134.jpg

Thanks

It'll work, Signori, if you follow my instructions very carefully. You WILL be successful. If you're not.. Then you did something wrong... go back and try again..

One secret about that widget.. MAKE SURE - in the Config.js file you set Use_Accuweather = false... It can NOT be set to true.

And, no, as I said in my first post of this thread - I will not be 'converting widgets for' nor 'sharing widgets with' people here. I am here only to help YOU learn how to do it for yourself - or as a team amongst yourselves.

New widget mods posted in other threads already converted for GL+/GB+ I'll put a link to in Post #3 of this thread.
    I did exactly what you posted and turned Use_Accuweather = false. Still Says offline. Maybe it doesn't work on 6+. I didn't make a mistake. So what do I do now. I did this from a couple of days ago with no luck. Why can't you pm me the UniAW6.js file.

Thanks

NewdestinyX , even that I unistall it the 3 old packages,still take 256 error when I try to install the new ones!
    Error 256 usually means one of the old packages is still installed. Can you go into Cydia and Click on Installed at the bottom - then at the top click on EXPERT (as my instructions in post 1 say)... and see if groovyAPI (no +) is still installed..

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-01-03), chevymusclecar (2015-01-01), SHARON1O (2015-01-01)

iPhone? More like MyPhone knowledge561's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you trying to have something on your LockScreen or your Springboard (home page)? And do your windows look like this?

My springboard. Yup looks just like that! -imageuploadedbymodmyi1420095491.010242.jpg-imageuploadedbymodmyi1420095502.578648.jpg

Thanks

As you can see from Groovy source everything is unistall it.
    Should also unistall lockhtml?-imageuploadedbymodmyi1420095510.435078.jpg

Thanks

I did exactly what you posted and turned Use_Accuweather = false. Still Says offline. Maybe it doesn't work on 6+. I didn't make a mistake. So what do I do now. I did this from a couple of days ago with no luck. Why can't you pm me the UniAW6.js file.
    Because I no longer have the widget on my phone, signori. I only had it long enough to check that my tutorial would achieve it working. As I said, Signori - I'm not going to be doing any conversions for people. Only teaching you how to do it yourself. And helping you to achieve it. Learning how to do it yourself is way more empowering than getting something given to you. Trust me. I learned that. I had ZERO coding skills when I came here. I can now code from scratch. The steps to make these conversions are very, very simple. Following my instructions exactly I was able to convert the RainyDay.

Are you trying to run in on your Lockscreen? If so you will have to duplicate the html file called Wallpaper.html and then rename the duplicated file LockBackground.html. Maybe you forgot to do that.

Do you have WidgetWeather installed? Is it set to GPS mode? Is there a widgetweather.xml file in var/mobile/Documents?
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-01 at 08:11 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-01), SHARON1O (2015-01-01)

Thanks

As you can see from Groovy source everything is unistall it.
    Should also unistall lockhtml?-imageuploadedbymodmyi1420095510.435078.jpg
    Try downloading the .deb file from post #1 here again, Nik. I don't know why you're getting Error 256.. Try going into the app switcher (double click on Home button) and swiping up on Cydia to remove it BEFORE you try reinstalling groovyAPI+ again. Nothing will work without all three files installed.. You're the only one that hasn't been able to get it installed so far. So I don't know what else to tell you. I'm sorry.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-01), SHARON1O (2015-01-01)

Thanks

Because I no longer have the widget on my phone, signori. I only had it long enough to check that my tutorial would achieve it working. As I said, Signori - I'm not going to be doing any conversions for people. Only teaching you how to do it yourself. And helping you to achieve it. Learning how to do it yourself is way more empowering than getting something given to you. Trust me. I learned that. I had ZERO coding skills when I came here. I can now code from scratch. The steps to make these conversions are very, very simple. Following my instructions exactly I was able to convert the RainyDay.

Are you trying to run in on your Lockscreen? If so you will have t duplicate the html file called Wallpaper.html and then rename the duplicated file LockBackground.html. Maybe you forgot to do that.

Do you have WidgetWeather installed? Is it set to GPS mode? Is there a widgetweather.xml file in var/mobile/Documents?
    I am not a genius when it comes to code but I can follow directions very well. I have been running these widgets for so long. Yes I have xml file, yes gps mode on etc. I sent you this to get it working. You say you did by this method. If it works go post the widget in the widget share thread then. Are you sure it was working correctly and it wasn't in the offline mod. I tried this on my 6+ and 5S with no luck. Sorry for being a pain but I want this to work with groovyluck+.

Thanks

I am not a genius when it comes to code but I can follow directions very well. I have been running these widgets for so long. Yes I have xml file, yes gps mode on etc. I sent you this to get it working. You say you did by this method. If it works go post the widget in the widget share thread then. Are you sure it was working correctly and it wasn't in the offline mod. I tried this on my 6+ and 5S with no luck. Sorry for being a pain but I want this to work with groovyluck+.
    I don't think you are reading my posts. I no longer have the widget and have no desire to convert things for people. You must make it work on your own. You don't have to be a code genius to get this one working. Please keep trying. Please answer my questions I asked you more completely so I can help you.

1) Are you wanting to use it on your LockScreen ?
    2) If so is the .html file named LockBackground.html (capital 'B' is important)
    3) Is the whole RainyDay widget folder located at var/mobile/Library/Groovylock?
    4) Show me a screenshot of the code line you changed in UniAW6.js. I need to see if you entered the code correctly.

Please don't ask me again to upload it for you. I don't have it anymore and I'm not going to do the work for you. I will help you to do it for yourself. Not do it FOR you. After 7 years here - you need to learn to troubleshoot for yourself, bro. Take your skills to the next level. That's what others forced me to do too.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

I need help guys! After I successfully installed everything with all Plus Versions. I placed the UNiAW7 + on both GL+ and GB+ activated of course. I got both on LS and SB with BLACK SCREENS. uhhh, did I do something? I'm using iPhone 6+ by the way.

Thanks

I don't think you are reading my posts. I no longer have the widget and have no desire to convert things for people. You must make it work on your own. You don't have to be a code genius to get this one working. Please keep trying. Please answer my questions I asked you more completely so I can help you.

1) Are you wanting to use it on your LockScreen ?
    2) If so is the .html file named LockBackground.html (capital 'B' is important)
    3) Is the whole RainyDay widget folder located at var/mobile/Library/Groovylock?
    4) Show me a screenshot of the code line you changed in UniAW6.js. I need to see if you entered the code correctly.

Please don't ask me again to upload it for you. I don't have it anymore and I'm not going to do the work for you. I will help you to do it for yourself. Not do it FOR you. After 7 years here - you need to learn to troubleshoot for yourself, bro. Take your skills to the next level. That's what others forced me to do too.
    Yes I want it as LS. Yes Capital B. Yes its in the Groovylock folder. Here's what I changed.

function updateWeather() {
    if (XML_TEST == true) { var url = "widgetweather.xml" } else { var url = "file:///private/var/mobile/Documents/widgetweather.xml"; }

obj.updatetimestring = $(data).find('updatetimestring').text();

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glacius7 View Post
    I need help guys! After I successfully installed everything with all Plus Versions. I placed the UNiAW7 + on both GL+ and GB+ activated of course. I got both on LS and SB with BLACK SCREENS. uhhh, did I do something? I'm using iPhone 6+ by the way.
    Did you choose UniAW7rc10_Groovylock in Settings-->Groovylock+ and Settings-->Groovyboard+? And respring?
    Do you have WidgetWeather2.0 installed and set to GPS?

Yes I want it as LS. Yes Capital B. Yes its in the Groovylock folder. Here's what I changed.

function updateWeather() {
    if (XML_TEST == true) { var url = "widgetweather.xml" } else { var url = "file:///private/var/mobile/Documents/widgetweather.xml"; }

obj.updatetimestring = $(data).find('updatetimestring').text();
    The code there is PERFECT, Signori. That's all I did on my phone too.. Me sending you my UniAW6.js (if I still had it) would not help you as mine looked the same as yours there. IF that's the code that appears in iFile - I asked you to send me a screenshot. Looks like you just cut and paste my code there. Please take a screenshot of it in iFile.

So there's something else wrong outside of the code itself. The UniAW6.js is not your problem.

What are the symptoms on your phone? Black Screen? Nothing at all? Show me your GroovyLock+ Settings window.. Take a screenshot of it. And show me a screen shot of your Lockscreen.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-01 at 08:59 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast