Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    Yup redid it thanks Simon and NewDAttachment 700726
    As you can see - Battery readout is still not working in that widget of Marty's. I could never make it work - even getting the groovyAPI.do syntax right.. The RAM readout was fine - but the battery just didn't work for me in that widget.. Remember Simon said that sometimes the code has to appear within another function and not a function of its own.. Simon can likely show you how to get the Battery readout working too..

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

That's the Marty oldster uniaw mod right? Did that one already last week, had to sneak the battery call into one of the other functions for it to work as well as ram. Can see here what I did: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnuoxckjyt...gl%2B.zip?dl=0

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Mav1971 (2015-03-30)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,891 Times in 1,567 Posts

Thanks Simon worked like a charm

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mav1971 For This Useful Post:

Simon (2015-03-30)

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Two things:
    1) zip up your widgetweather.xml file and post a link to it here
    2) Are you using the Cydia tweak called "Forecast"? If so - it's incompatible with WidgetWeather2.0 and could be causing the widget to not work. You'll have to uninstall Forecast if you're going to use any WidgetWeather widgets.
    Here is the link to the widgetweather.xml - file:///var/mobile/Documents/widgetweather.zip

I don't have Forecast widget installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shigo11; 2015-03-30 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigo11 View Post
    Here is the link to the widgetweather.xml - file:///var/mobile/Documents/widgetweather.zip

I don't have Forecast widget installed.

No Shigo. That address you gave me there is to the widgetweather.zip file located on 'your phone'. Obviously I can't get the file from your phone.. I need you to go into iFile and compress it to a zip file and then upload that zip file to DropBox.com or MediaFire.com and give me a public link so I can download it for myself to my computer.

No Shigo. That address you gave me there is to the widgetweather.zip file located on 'your phone'. Obviously I can't get the file from your phone.. I need you to go into iFile and compress it to a zip file and then upload that zip file to DropBox.com or MediaFire.com and give me a public link so I can download it for myself to my computer.
    Sorry newD my bad ...first time in this app ...here is the link for the xml file
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4act7tdd0c...ather.zip?dl=0
    I hope this is better

Thanks

Shigo,
    Just as I suspected… There is no being recorded into your .XML file. We have this problem with certain places around the globe where for some reason weather.com doesn't report an updatetimestring. Without that value filled in no widgetweather-based widget will work. But the other most common reason for the update timestring to not show is the tweak "Forecast" that I told you about. Go into Cydia and look in your installed tab and make very sure that you don't have the Forecast tweak installed. It's the other most common reason for this problem you're having.. If you look in your XML file that you sent me about 15 lines down from the top you'll see that has no value marked in it. That's the reason why the widget is not working. All widgets need that value to make their calculations.

Shigo,
    Just as I suspected… There is no being recorded into your .XML file. We have this problem with certain places around the globe where for some reason weather.com doesn't report an updatetimestring. Without that value filled in no widgetweather-based widget will work. But the other most common reason for the update timestring to not show is the tweak "Forecast" that I told you about. Go into Cydia and look in your installed tab and make very sure that you don't have the Forecast tweak installed. It's the other most common reason for this problem you're having.. If you look in your XML file that you sent me about 15 lines down from the top you'll see that has no value marked in it. That's the reason why the widget is not working. All widgets need that value to make their calculations.
    wow!! I'm speechless NewD ! I didn't saw it coming I thought I was dealing with a code problem not a data problem. U R absolutely right ! " <updatetimestring></updatetimestring> " ...I'm guessing a string that represent and update time is needed ...any chance I can get hold of that "string" ? ....just because I'm located at a f**k place on the globe doesn't mean I need to give up

I'm going to check in that tweak you were talking about - Forecast- and get back to you - I'm hopping I do have it

Thanks NewD - You've been more then helpful - Thx again

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shigo11 For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-03-31)

wow!! I'm speechless NewD ! I didn't saw it coming I thought I was dealing with a code problem not a data problem. U R absolutely right ! " <updatetimestring></updatetimestring> " ...I'm guessing a string that represent and update time is needed ...any chance I can get hold of that "string" ? ....just because I'm located at a f**k place on the globe doesn't mean I need to give up

I'm going to check in that tweak you were talking about - Forecast- and get back to you - I'm hopping I do have it

Thanks NewD - You've been more then helpful - Thx again

NewD - I'm getting back 2 U - I have no widget or app in Cydia naming Forecast - any ideas how do I workaround this missing string ? Any chance you can share with me an example of a valid "updatestringtime" ? Maybe ....I can try to localise this string of data - in the code ....if this field is empty place a default data (valid) instead .... What do you think NewD?

Thanks

NewD - I'm getting back 2 U - I have no widget or app in Cydia naming Forecast - any ideas how do I workaround this missing string ? Any chance you can share with me an example of a valid "updatestringtime" ? Maybe ....I can try to localise this string of data - in the code ....if this field is empty place a default data (valid) instead .... What do you think NewD?

You could place a 'dummy' value in updatetimestring - but everytime you travel (or when you're stationary) it would be written over in anywhere from 5 seconds to 10-15 minutes with new data - where that updatetimestring would be blank again. So if you want to turn off WidgetWeather and at least look at the widget working you can make it look like this:

Code:
    <updatetimestring>2015-03-31 10:20:02 AM</updatetimestring>
    But ultimately that will be defeating the purpose of an autoupdating weather tracking widget. We've had two or three people in your case, where they didn't have Forecast loaded, but their location on the planet doesn't get an updatetimestring from weather.com or, in iOS7, from yahoo.com.

Please give me list of all your loaded tweaks in Cydia. All the tweaks on your phone. Did you tell me you tried my 'turn off all substrates' method that I offered earlier?

You could place a 'dummy' value in updatetimestring - but everytime you travel (or when you're stationary) it would be written over in anywhere from 5 seconds to 10-15 minutes with new data - where that updatetimestring would be blank again. So if you want to turn off WidgetWeather and at least look at the widget working you can make it look like this:

Code:
    <updatetimestring>2015-03-31 10:20:02 AM</updatetimestring>
    But ultimately that will be defeating the purpose of an autoupdating weather tracking widget. We've had two or three people in your case, where they didn't have Forecast loaded, but their location on the planet doesn't get an updatetimestring from weather.com or, in iOS7, from yahoo.com.

Please give me list of all your loaded tweaks in Cydia. All the tweaks on your phone. Did you tell me you tried my 'turn off all substrates' method that I offered earlier?
    Here is the list of all my tweaks on Cydia
    Activator
    Auxo3
    Barrel
    BioLockdown
    CameraTweak 3
    CCControls
    ClassicBadges
    EasySpring2
    FolderIcons
    GB+
    GL+
    HomescreenDesigner
    iCleaner
    IconOmatic
    IntelliScreenX 8
    iWidgets
    PhotoAlbums+ for IOS 8
    Springtomize 3
    ThemeIcomMaker
    VirtualHome 8
    WidgetWeather2
    WinterBoard
    1derful HD
    1derful SB iWidget
    Arc i6 plus
    Arc SB Top uniaw7 i6 plus
    Arc SB Top uniaw7 i6 plus v1

Regarding the method 'turn off all substrates' ....I don't really know what you r talking about - please let me know in which page you talked about it and I'll follow

Thanks

None of those tweaks are known to adversely affect WidgetWeather getting all data.. But if you wish to try the MobileSubstrate test method.. Here it is. Follow steps very carefully.
    ---------------
    In Cydia click on Sources then Edit then Add and add the repo the 'exile90software.com/cydia/'.. Click on All Packages then install iCleanerPro.

Open the app - and in bottom left hand corner, clik on the '+' sign.. Then clik on Cydia Subtrates. In the next window - turn off every switch except,

GroovyLock(+)
    GroovyBoard(+)/SBHTML
    GroovyAPI(+)
    IconSupport (if you have it)
    Homescreen Designer (if you have it)
    Iconoclasm (if you have it)
    Winterboard
    iCleanerLib
    MobileSafety
    WidgetWeather2

Respring..

your phone will look a little lifeless without all the rest of your tweaks active.. But then reboot your phone and see if the problem of no update timestring still exists. If NOT - then one of the tweaks that you just disabled is the cause of your troubles. Then the hard task begins - of turning each switch back on, one by one, and rebooting phone until the problem returns. When that happens - THAT'S your conflict tweak - the one you just turned back on. You'll need to get rid of it if you want WidgetWeather to work properly. But before you uninstall it, turn its switch back on in iCleanerPro. Very important!

IF, however - after you've turned off all those switches - the problem still exists - then there's a corruption somewhere.. and only either a re-jailbreak will likely help. Or you're in one of those little pockets of the earth where weather.com does NOT report an update timestring it its feed (weather.com is the weather service IOS 8 uses to get data and that WW taps into to make the WidgetWeather.xml file).

I hope you find a conflicting tweak.

Let us know.

None of those tweaks are known to adversely affect WidgetWeather getting all data.. But if you wish to try the MobileSubstrate test method.. Here it is. Follow steps very carefully.
    ---------------
    In Cydia click on Sources then Edit then Add and add the repo the 'exile90software.com/cydia/'.. Click on All Packages then install iCleanerPro.

Open the app - and in bottom left hand corner, clik on the '+' sign.. Then clik on Cydia Subtrates. In the next window - turn off every switch except,

GroovyLock(+)
    GroovyBoard(+)/SBHTML
    GroovyAPI(+)
    IconSupport (if you have it)
    Homescreen Designer (if you have it)
    Iconoclasm (if you have it)
    Winterboard
    iCleanerLib
    MobileSafety
    WidgetWeather2

Respring..

your phone will look a little lifeless without all the rest of your tweaks active.. But then reboot your phone and see if the problem of no update timestring still exists. If NOT - then one of the tweaks that you just disabled is the cause of your troubles. Then the hard task begins - of turning each switch back on, one by one, and rebooting phone until the problem returns. When that happens - THAT'S your conflict tweak - the one you just turned back on. You'll need to get rid of it if you want WidgetWeather to work properly. But before you uninstall it, turn its switch back on in iCleanerPro. Very important!

IF, however - after you've turned off all those switches - the problem still exists - then there's a corruption somewhere.. and only either a re-jailbreak will likely help. Or you're in one of those little pockets of the earth where weather.com does NOT report an update timestring it its feed (weather.com is the weather service IOS 8 uses to get data and that WW taps into to make the WidgetWeather.xml file).

I hope you find a conflicting tweak.

Let us know.
    Thank NewD I will look into it very carefully ....I hope I'll find the conflict tweak - will get back 2 U with answers - thanks again

NewD, can't we bypass the update time string so that the rest of the js will run? It's not ideal, but this is a very isolated problem and it gets him up and running. Of course he would have to make this edit on any new widget that he runs, but it's a small price to pay.

Or possible to just pull the current date/time from GAPI to allow the code to run and not pull it from WW2?

Just thinking out loud here.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    NewD, can't we bypass the update time string so that the rest of the js will run? It's not ideal, but this is a very isolated problem and it gets him up and running. Of course he would have to make this edit on any new widget that he runs, but it's a small price to pay.

Or possible to just pull the current date/time from GAPI to allow the code to run and not pull it from WW2?

Just thinking out loud here.
    Hmmm.. Indeed.. I was also mulling over some code workarounds.. The 'obj.updatetimestring' is central to so many of the equations Ian/Dacal use in their base code for our widgets. It's not just isolated to the updateWeather function. It gets address in the dealWithWeather functions as well. In short - it's 'everywhere'. Not a simple code fix.. The simplest way to make a fix would be to add something like this to the config.js.

obj.updatetimestring = "2015-04-06 02:00:00 PM";

As I don't think the updatetimestring actually affects the data grabbed from his xml.. he'd still be getting 'up to date' info from the xml each time WW updates it for him.. He just wouldn't see correct strings showing when the file was last updated..

Let me experiment a bit..

Thanks

Okay.. So I've tested that this will at least get the widget working - in UniAW7/7.1-based widgets..

In Javascript/main.js--
    Replace this:
    Code:
    obj.updatetimestring = $(data).find('updatetimestring').text();
    with this:
    Code:
    //obj.updatetimestring = $(data).find('updatetimestring').text();
    obj.updatetimestring = "2015-04-06 02:00:00 PM";
    ..... and the widget will begin to work.. How correct the 'daily' weather forecasting is - I don't know. But the widget should read data from the most current xml file - I think...

Ah I also think this might affect the 'time of day' calculation in the widget..It may always show daytime for him with a 2:00PM timestring always being there.

That's why if you create a separate js call that pulls the system time and date and formats it and then saves it as var updatetimestring, it should work just fine.

You can also name it udatetimestring1 and do some renaming in the js file so there's no possibility of it being overwritten by the ww.xml file value or lack thereof.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2015-04-07 at 02:51 AM.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks

Yeah.. It 'can' be done. No time right now on this end. Maybe Marty? Ian?

Hi again , sorry to disappear ...the fact that the Arc SB widget was FINALLY working !! was such "a prize" for me I had to investigate and do I did edit my weather.xml with the update tine string while springing in and out of WW2 ....sounds too much ?!? Well ...I got to notice that my sunrisetine and my sunsettime in the xml are also missing , and of course , are missing from the Arc window on the SB , if I add them , the widget is finally changing the walls according to the day & night ( I got stuck with 'beautiful sunshine at 3:10 am !!) ....which got me to think - what else is f**king missing from my weather xml - just because I live a little off centre ....of the world !!

Maybe I can approach some of the basic fathers of the WW2 widget - maybe then can help ?

NewD - I'm going to add the code you were talking about and let you know -

Thanks To All of you who are trying to help us ( 3 in the world )

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast