Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Stuckart View Post
    Everytime I install a new cydia package, I am forced to remove groovylock+ and groovyboard+

How do i stop this from happening?
    What are you trying to install specifically?

Anything at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waynestu View Post
    Anything at all

Strange - never heard of that. Sorry. Wish I could help. I'm able to install anything from Cydia without that happening.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Stuckart View Post
    Everytime I install a new cydia package, I am forced to remove groovylock+ and groovyboard+

How do i stop this from happening?
    You haven't messed with your systemversion.plist have you? Or used a tweak that would do that?

Good Day all - It's been 10 days now that I'm struggling with the SB theme of Arc, in order to use it I have went through ( over & over) again on this thread on post #1 & 2 implementing all stages ( by later!!) , as it seems GApi+ GL+ & GB+ all are installed correctly ( code 0) , I'v placed the theme in GB+ directory (and only it , GL+ is unable as I don't need it ) , of course, I'v install also WW2 and turn it to mode GPS , respringing after every step. I have also made the relevant code changes to the main.js were I was looking for the jQuery.get function ( what I did found eventually, and this is after reading ALL this forum, is that instead of jQuery I'v found the $.get function and so I'v remarked all the $.get calls and place the groovyAPI.do calls instead- as it appears on post #2) - eventually I got to the current point ( relevant pic attached) were I have all black screens ! No weather is showing ! no walls ! nothing at all .
    As I was reading in previous posts in this thread (and some others) I have tried uninstalling and installing All from scratch again (while after uninstalling using iCleaner to clean all - including all cydia relevant sub sections) and installing all again - I got back to same point you can see right now - Please, does anyone has another idea what can I try to do next ?
    Btw, I'm using i6+ on 8.1.2 JB , other tweaks I have currently are WW2, virtual home, Auxo 3, springtomize, intelliscreenX, HSD, easy spring, Iconomatic

Thanks
    Thanked 3,891 Times in 1,567 Posts

Hiya folks, been tinkering with a LS that Marty asked me to test, I got the weather to changeover to GL+ just fine but there's also a callout for battery and ram stats. I took a look through the main.js and found a couple jquery.get pertaining to the ramstats so I changed them to groovyAPI.do but to no avail, ideas?

Thanks

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1427712481.610692.jpg-imageuploadedbymodmyi1427712494.407306.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigo11 View Post
    Good Day all - It's been 10 days now that I'm struggling with the SB theme of Arc, in order to use it I have went through ( over & over) again on this thread on post #1 & 2 implementing all stages ( by later!!) , as it seems GApi+ GL+ & GB+ all are installed correctly ( code 0) , I'v placed the theme in GB+ directory (and only it , GL+ is unable as I don't need it ) , of course, I'v install also WW2 and turn it to mode GPS , respringing after every step. I have also made the relevant code changes to the main.js were I was looking for the jQuery.get function ( what I did found eventually, and this is after reading ALL this forum, is that instead of jQuery I'v found the $.get function and so I'v remarked all the $.get calls and place the groovyAPI.do calls instead- as it appears on post #2) - eventually I got to the current point ( relevant pic attached) were I have all black screens ! No weather is showing ! no walls ! nothing at all .
    As I was reading in previous posts in this thread (and some others) I have tried uninstalling and installing All from scratch again (while after uninstalling using iCleaner to clean all - including all cydia relevant sub sections) and installing all again - I got back to same point you can see right now - Please, does anyone has another idea what can I try to do next ?
    Btw, I'm using i6+ on 8.1.2 JB , other tweaks I have currently are WW2, virtual home, Auxo 3, springtomize, intelliscreenX, HSD, easy spring, Iconomatic

Shigo... In any of the Arc widgets there should be only ONE groovyAPI.do that you add - NOT on every $.get.. That's likely your problem. And pretty much all of Cocco's widgets are already converted and ready for GB+. Not sure why you're converting them to begin with. Why did you feel you needed to add code to an Arc widget?

Thanks

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Quote Originally Posted by Mav1971 View Post
    Hiya folks, been tinkering with a LS that Marty asked me to test, I got the weather to changeover to GL+ just fine but there's also a callout for battery and ram stats. I took a look through the main.js and found a couple jquery.get pertaining to the ramstats so I changed them to groovyAPI.do but to no avail, ideas?
    The BatteryStats.txt and RAMStats.txt files aren't in the var/mobile/Documents folder which is where groovyAPI looks for them when you add the single line of code. The groovyAPI.do lines you added in the Battery and Ram functions you'll need to add a path line that directs gApi to look for the text files where they're located. I forget that location and the syntax now. Simon's successfully converted these too - maybe he'll remember.. I'll find it for you Mav if Simon doesn't chime in..

Thanks

For ram and battery in GL+:
    Code:
    groovyAPI.do ( { read: '../Library/RAMStats.txt' }, function(appdata) {
    Code:
    groovyAPI.do ( { read: '../Library/Stats/BatteryStats.txt' }, function(appdata) {
    I have found it does matter where these functions are called in GL+ too. Usually I have to separate them and call them in an existing function (like dealwithweather for example) instead of just by itself to get them to show, just one of those weird things about GL+.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Mav1971 (2015-03-30)

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Shigo... In any of the Arc widgets there should be only ONE groovyAPI.do that you add - NOT on every $.get.. That's likely your problem. And pretty much all of Cocco's widgets are already converted and ready for GB+. Not sure why you're converting them to begin with. Why did you feel you needed to add code to an Arc widget?
    Thank you newD for your answer , 10 days ago when I downloaded from cydia the SB of Arc (by coccco) I couldn't find any jQuery.get in the main.js , 2 days ago when I read this forum I found out about the $.get function and looking in the main.js I found 2 calls for that $.get (looking exactly the same as mentioned by King & Ras - several posts ago) and so I remark the call for the $.get and place the call for groovyAPI.do (as appear in post #2) - I did this of course because I'm getting the black screens since day 1 ( 10 days ago)
    Btw, name of the SB is : Arc SB Top uniaw7 i6 plus

Thanks

Thank you newD for your answer , 10 days ago when I downloaded from cydia the SB of Arc (by coccco) I couldn't find any jQuery.get in the main.js , 2 days ago when I read this forum I found out about the $.get function and looking in the main.js I found 2 calls for that $.get (looking exactly the same as mentioned by King & Ras - several posts ago) and so I remark the call for the $.get and place the call for groovyAPI.do (as appear in post #2) - I did this of course because I'm getting the black screens since day 1 ( 10 days ago)
    Btw, name of the SB is : Arc SB Top uniaw7 i6 plus
    Ah okay. Redownload Arc SB Top from Cydia.. And simply activate it GB+. It needs NO converting. That's why you couldn't find any jQuery.get. Cocco already converted it for GB+ as he mentions in his instructions. Sorry you went through all that trouble for nothing. Arc SB Top is all ready to work, as is, in GB+.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I have found it does matter where these functions are called in GL+ too. Usually I have to separate them and call them in an existing function (like dealwithweather for example) instead of just by itself to get them to show, just one of those weird things about GL+.
    Thanks, Simon.. Shouldn't the first syntax, for RAM, also have the folder /Stats/ in the path - as you have for Battery?

Thanks

Thanks, Simon.. Shouldn't the first syntax, for RAM, also have the folder /Stats/ in the path - as you have for Battery?
    Nah, doesn't matter. Infostats puts the files for battery and ram in both places. So both can point to stats folder or just library.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-03-30)

Thanks

Thanks fellas I'll give it a try

Ah okay. Redownload Arc SB Top from Cydia.. And simply activate it GB+. It needs NO converting. That's why you couldn't find any jQuery.get. Cocco already converted it for GB+ as he mentions in his instructions. Sorry you went through all that trouble for nothing. Arc SB Top is all ready to work, as is, in GB+.
    Ok I went and re downloaded again the Arc SB and activate it on GB+ , no changes what so ever! .....
    I'm still getting black screens

Ok , I have downloaded again the Arc SB and just activate it through the GB+ , no changes to the code (or the config.js) what so ever ! ...........I'm still getting the black screen instead of the wallpaper that suppose to be there
    I'm back to square 1 ....frustrating !

Btw, I'm trying to add a pic with my screen as it is but for some reason I don't see my posts when I add a pic...

It happens to new members....but you should be fine now

Thanks

Ok , I have downloaded again the Arc SB and just activate it through the GB+ , no changes to the code (or the config.js) what so ever ! ...........I'm still getting the black screen instead of the wallpaper that suppose to be there
    I'm back to square 1 ....frustrating !
    Two things:
    1) zip up your widgetweather.xml file and post a link to it here
    2) Are you using the Cydia tweak called "Forecast"? If so - it's incompatible with WidgetWeather2.0 and could be causing the widget to not work. You'll have to uninstall Forecast if you're going to use any WidgetWeather widgets.

Thanks

Yup redid it thanks Simon and NewD-imageuploadedbymodmyi1427729823.901394.jpg

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mav1971 For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-04-01)

Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast