Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I come up with a different count Michael. I currently have all my springboard widgets converted for GB+.. I have 25.. .. There are still a lot based on myLocation that can't be converted. But all ones based on UniAW7.. which is over half out there can be easily converted to GB+ with just one line of code. That's why I created this thread - to show people how to easily do it with one line of code. Most widgets do not employ infostats.. That's why there are less widgets with infostats code in them converted for GB+ out there.

I'm eager to see your code that got BatteryStats to work in GB+. I easily got RAMStats to work.. But the identical call with groovyAPI.do did not work for BatteryStats.. Maddening.. Eager to see what you did.

But I have 25 beautiful GB+ widgets all unique in look..

Just trawl the:
    Share Your Lockscreen/SB Widgets
    UniAW7
    Arc
    & Desire .... threads..

Lots of stuff for the taking! Way better than 25:1.. More like 4:1 non GB+.. None of the stuff Dubailive and Snr and most from Mone (all from dBar) post - none are convertible.. Cause they use that ancient MaxPatrese yahoo-based code.
    meh, well, i didnt actually take a count lol. i was really just basing my comment on the share lockscreen/sb thread.. ive not frequented the other threads you mentioned. converting old ones with a single line of code is quite simple indeed, but in the threads i read most often, old dbar-type themes still seem to predominate. i certainly did not mean to debate the quantity though, just share my qualitative opinion/perception, which is not as expansive as yours
    anyway..

Im finished with my first theme.

Thanks to many people here for all the help for random parts of it. Credits given in my style sheet. Apologies if I forgot anyone.

MORE INFO HERE

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Excited for your new widget, Michael! Nice feeling of accomplishment and I know you've worked hard. Now it's time for you to deal with what every widget modder deals with: the bug reports.

The ram and the battery work fine for me but I'm getting no weather information at the bottom as you'll see.

I hope you didn't base your main code off one of the widgets by hell7 or Sital. Their version of UniAW code has some weird stuff in it that makes the weather readout work for some people in GB+ and not for others. Weather blocks not working for me on my iPhone 6 in GB+..

Excited for your new widget, Michael! Nice feeling of accomplishment and I know you've worked hard. Now it's time for you to deal with what every widget modder deals with: the bug reports.

The ram and the battery work fine for me but I'm getting no weather information at the bottom as you'll see.

I hope you didn't base your main code off one of the widgets by hell7 or Sital. Their version of UniAW code has some weird stuff in it that makes the weather readout work for some people in GB+ and not for others. Weather blocks not working for me on my iPhone 6 in GB+..
    well damn. i dealt with a bunch of bugs already but i got them sorted in another thread. I updated the download links. but.. hmmm i have no idea. i dont even know where to start because it works for me on GB+ on i6.. and if i cant replicate the 'not working' i have no idea how to address it. I did use one from Sital grrrr.. sigh. let me think on this

maybe i just find another main.js that doesnt have these bugs and start over.. I made a whole lot of edits to the script.. primarily adding in conditionals/switches, and changing the names of targeted elements... but also made a few other changes.. i didnt keep a good changelog along the way.. but if i put the time in, i could build a new script using a different base. at the end of the day, i dont know javascript and i dont have any background in scripting, aside from basic papyrus scripts i use for modding Skyrim lol. not sure im equipped to troubleshoot this without just starting over

im curious, try this and see if it works. this is an old intermediate hackup of Sitals widget.. im curious to see if this gives you any different results

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xf6itu5biz...AM%29.zip?dl=0

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
    maybe i just find another main.js that doesnt have these bugs and start over.. I made a whole lot of edits to the script.. primarily adding in conditionals/switches, and changing the names of targeted elements... but also made a few other changes.. i didnt keep a good changelog along the way.. but if i put the time in, i could build a new script using a different base. at the end of the day, i dont know javascript and i dont have any background in scripting, aside from basic papyrus scripts i use for modding Skyrim lol. not sure im equipped to troubleshoot this without just starting over
    Hallo, and thank you very much for shared!
    i like your mod, dwnloaded from "share your lockscreen......." 3d , it works fine on mine (iphone ne 6 Groovyboard+)
    Just one thing, the translation of the weather description, set to "it" ...show "en"

Thanks a lot!
    Thanks all GB+ GL+ team, WW team!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Mike, there were some early mods of UniAW7 beta that were made. I hate to say it, but it's usually better to mod the released version. Unfortunately, the only version out right now is 7.1 and it is still kinda a working beta unless something has changed since earlier today.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-02-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pibe77 View Post
    Hallo, and thank you very much for shared!
    i like your mod, dwnloaded from "share your lockscreen......." 3d , it works fine on mine (iphone ne 6 Groovyboard+)
    Just one thing, the translation of the weather description, set to "it" ...show "en"
    I cant be of much help with the languages.. i didnt modify any of that code, and i only speak english so that would be a huge task to ry to "fix", sorry.. if i had it my way id just get rid of the localization because its way over my head hope you can manage with it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Mike, there were some early mods of UniAW7 beta that were made. I hate to say it, but it's usually better to mod the released version. Unfortunately, the only version out right now is 7.1 and it is still kinda a working beta unless something has changed since earlier today.
    tbh, i didnt really know what it was i was modding. i found it in the share thread, and i liked it because it was a gb theme with ww2 functionality, which also had a lot of the ww2 elements disabled and rearranged to look more like a standard sbhtml. ww2 (base) has sooooo much going on, and i didnt want to start with ww2_base bc i felt it would take a lot longer to "break it down" and make sense of everything.. so i waited for someone to post a 'ww2 sbhtml' that had a lot of that stuff already done. to be fair, i shouldve realized it was uniaw7 because of the credits at top.. also, i start to get confused when we distinguish between ww2 and uniaw.. ww2 always provides the framework so to speak (right?) and then uniaw is just a huge 'theme' / 'application" / 'implementation' of ww2? its neither here nor there at this point.. i shouldve just used your ww2_base or Chevys base.. i just felt that would be a more daunting task for me as a beginner. so.. where to go from here?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to michaelrw For This Useful Post:

Pibe77 (2015-02-28)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,986 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
    well damn. i dealt with a bunch of bugs already but i got them sorted in another thread. I updated the download links. but.. hmmm i have no idea. i dont even know where to start because it works for me on GB+ on i6.. and if i cant replicate the 'not working' i have no idea how to address it. I did use one from Sital grrrr.. sigh. let me think on this
    My widget was made from the WW2.0 base code, not Uniaw. And as far as I know, NewD, you were the only one who couldn't get the weather to show. A couple other people, who initially had a problem got it sorted.

But anyway, here's an updated version (and set for GB+) that you can try: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9h5s1xpr10...Sital.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by Sital; 2015-02-28 at 04:45 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sital For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-02-28), NewD (2015-02-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Sital View Post
    My widget was made from the WW2.0 base code, not Uniaw. And as far as I know, NewD, you were the only one who couldn't get the weather to show. A couple other people, who initially had a problem got it sorted.

But anyway, here's an updated version (set for GB+) that you can try: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9h5s1xpr10...Sital.zip?dl=0
    Thanks for the update,Sital. check your PM
    Last edited by michaelrw; 2015-02-28 at 04:23 AM.

Thanks

But anyway, here's an updated version (and set for GB+) that you can try: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9h5s1xpr10...Sital.zip?dl=0
    Thanks, Sital.. Yes in fairness yours did eventually work for others.. but never for me.. In GL+.. It was more Hell7's code that was intermittent working for some and not others.. If you built it from the base.. that's great.. I'll try this new one you posted.. But Michael's doesn't work for me on two different phones with different tweak sets.. Gotta be something in the widget and not my phones.. But you never know..

Thanks

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    That's IT!!! It works SITAL!!! What did you do different in this version?!! Maybe Hell7 can make the same corrections to the code..
    .. Thanks!!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Sital (2015-02-28)

That's IT!!! It works SITAL!!! What did you do different in this version?!! Maybe Hell7 can make the same corrections to the code..
    .. Thanks!!!!!

Nice job bro! Do you mind share it if not it's cool??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mike42 For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-02-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike42 View Post
    Nice job bro! Do you mind share it if not it's cool??
    Read back 2-3 posts and you'll see Sital's link, Mike.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

mike42 (2015-02-28)

Thanks

.. Thanks!!!!!
    My first version used on an older version of the WW2 base code, this one uses the current version. Other than that, it's the same. I still don't know why it didn't work on your device though. And Michael's widget works fine for me, but obviously not a surprise. He and I were PMing last night and I did let him know that it was using an older WW2 version.

BTW, I was in KoP last week. Alot less snow there!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sital For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-02-28), NewD (2015-02-28)

It's very nice to see the WW2 base being used! A lot of time and effort was put into that base for users to mod. I'm grateful for Dacals hard work on it. Nice work guys!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-02-28), nik1975 (2015-02-28), Sital (2015-02-28), vXBaKeRXv (2015-02-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    It's very nice to see the WW2 base being used! A lot of time and effort was put into that base for users to mod. I'm grateful for Dacals hard work on it. Nice work guys!
    I love that it uses weather.com, since that's my go to site and now my phone's weather matches my Mac's (and the actual weather outside!...**cough**...Yahoo sucks...**cough**).

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sital For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-03-01), King_O_Hill (2015-03-01), NewD (2015-02-28)

Thanks anyway bro! I couldn't find it .

Thanks

My first version used on an older version of the WW2 base code, this one uses the current version. Other than that, it's the same. I still don't know why it didn't work on your device though. And Michael's widget works fine for me, but obviously not a surprise. He and I were PMing last night and I did let him know that it was using an older WW2 version.
    YES!.. Exactly! That's the problem.. For some reason - the older code is not consistent for those of us using GL+/GB+.. Widgets based on the old 1.0base seem to work for everyone on any phone when using Convergence, LockHTML4 or the original GroovyLock/SBHTML.. But they are hit and miss on iPhone 6/6+ using GL+/GB+.. When I do my testing I always test on 2 phones.. my 6 with full tweak compliment and my 5S with minimal tweaks - both running in GL+. And on BOTH my phones - your original widget did not work.. And most of Hell7's don't work.. and Michael's doesn't work.. on either..

So I know it's not just a tweak conflict on my phone - but something wrong between the widget's code and its interaction with GL+/GB+. Very hard to trouble shoot.. But what seems to work for ALL of us on any phone in iOS8 and GL+/GB+ are widgets build with 2.0 base code.. So I'm lobbying all modders to switch to it. I'm also willing to 'go the mat' that UniAW7.0 code is clean on all phones on iOS8 in GL+/GB+ as long as you're in WidgetWeather mode (and not GPS or Locale).

Thanks for taking the time to convert to 2.0 code, Sital. I know how long a process it is! But you can have the confidence that it will work everywhere... Ian's new UniAW7.1 still has a few small bugs.. but looks amazing too.. And I'm hoping all modders will adopt the % method for css positioning code too so that only one .css file is needed for ALL phone sizes... No more 'This is only for 6+ or this is only for a 6", etc...

BTW, I was in KoP last week. Alot less snow there!
    Yeah I was at the mall in KofP to get my Zagg Invisishield HD glass screen protector replaced.. It had cracked. And when I'm there I always have to stop in to the Apple Store. Thinking about one of the new 'trash can' MacPros to replace my 8core 2.7Ghz Early 2008 MacPro which has grown 'long in the tooth'..

I love that it uses weather.com, since that's my go to site and now my phone's weather matches my Mac's (and the actual weather outside!...**cough**...Yahoo sucks...**cough**).
    +10,000!!!! Best gift ever - is that WW2 is based on Weather.com.. Within seconds of the weather changing outside in my small town outside Philly - my widgets update with the 'correct' weather. Never happened with Yahoo - EVER..

Thanks again, Sital!! Love your stuff!!
    Grant
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-02-28 at 06:14 PM.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (2015-03-02), Sital (2015-02-28)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX
    Thanks anyway bro! I couldn't find it .
    You didn't try hard, enough, Mike. Please do a little work.. It was 6 posts ago.. Just like I said..

CLIK HERE

Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast