Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 831

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Make sense now?
    Yep it does.
    So, hypothetically speaking, if Apple fixes WKWebView in iOS 8.2, would there be a way to temporarily implement that fix ourselves (maybe with a jailbreak tweak), since we're not going to be able to update iOS (assuming TaiG/Pangu/evad3rs don't release a novel JB utility).. Or would we have to actually update and get the official fix?
    (I don't know how complex these things are..)

    Thx for the reply though. Very helpful.

  2. #422
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
    Yep it does.
    So, hypothetically speaking, if Apple fixes WKWebView in iOS 8.2, would there be a way to temporarily implement that fix ourselves (maybe with a jailbreak tweak), since we're not going to be able to update iOS (assuming TaiG/Pangu/evad3rs don't release a novel JB utility).. Or would we have to actually update and get the official fix?
    (I don't know how complex these things are..)

    Thx for the reply though. Very helpful.
    Unless I'm totally misunderstanding your question there.. GroovyAPI+ "IS" the jb tweak you speak of that temporarily fixes WKWebView until Apple does.

    Unless you meant a tweak that would prevent us from needing to also replace a line of code in our widgets - then the answer to that would be - probably no. Unlikely to get such a tweak.. But groovyAPI.do is such a simple workaround.. Brilliant really... Add one line of code - and bye bye resprings. Even a noob can learn to add one line of code..

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    #m37h{ (2015-02-19), michaelrw (2015-02-17)

  4. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
    Yep it does.
    So, hypothetically speaking, if Apple fixes WKWebView in iOS 8.2, would there be a way to temporarily implement that fix ourselves (maybe with a jailbreak tweak), since we're not going to be able to update iOS (assuming TaiG/Pangu/evad3rs don't release a novel JB utility).. Or would we have to actually update and get the official fix?
    (I don't know how complex these things are..)

    Thx for the reply though. Very helpful.
    There are def other bugs in WKWebView that only can be fixed by an update from Apple. But I'm fairly certain that we won't see this fixed in 8.2, as the primary function for 8.2 is the implementation of the Apple Watch into iOS. The true fix might not even come until iOS 9.

    So what NewD says is correct in that one of the major issues with WKWebView is that it will not read from the local file structure, so this is what the Groovy Plus version patch.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    #m37h{ (2015-02-19), michaelrw (2015-02-17)

  6. #424
    thanks guys, makes sense

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaelrw For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2015-02-18), NewD (2015-02-18)

  8. #425
    So what's the deal with the white screen can anyone help
    Thanks


    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1424224022.528446.jpg

  9. #426
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1182 View Post
    So what's the deal with the white screen can anyone help
    Thanks
    Unavoidable bug using GL+/GB+. Just Respring and it will go away. Not fixable right now.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    MrDLewis321 (2015-02-18)

  11. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Unavoidable bug using GL+/GB+. Just Respring and it will go away. Not fixable right now.
    Or just open/close some apps. It will return normal Springboard.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to undersea For This Useful Post:

    MrDLewis321 (2015-02-18)

  13. #428
    Ok thanks so much guys and gals

  14. #429
    -img_1072.png

    Ehy guys,can anyone tell me how do I remove the arrow, and why does not work the touch in the Max theme?I have GL+ GB+ groovy+ installed!!!THX

  15. #430
    Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    The arrow indicates that you have the additional locations turned on in WidgetWeather settings. Turn them off and delete any xml files that have a number at the end in your Documents folder.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    undersea (2015-02-20)

  17. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

    Hey - I would still love to try your tweak/widget -- whatever... LOL!!... Because I learn a lot from your coding technique.. When you're ready to release - please release here.. Or PM to me..
    Your wish has been granted (no punt intended).
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-ne...t-ios-8-a.html
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2015-02-20), NewD (2015-02-19), undersea (2015-02-20)

  19. #432
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Thank you so much Ras!! Is it obvious how to install?

  20. #433
    Greetings folks... Just discovered this thread... I also have been plagued by this random respring problem. I followed the steps... But for some reason now my weather and location -imageuploadedbymodmyi1424393596.840550.jpgwon't show up on my HS or LS! I am on iOS 8.1.2 TaiG JB. Can anyone help with this please??? -imageuploadedbymodmyi1424393429.160014.jpg

  21. #434
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Quote Originally Posted by ELLSBLACK6 View Post
    Greetings folks... Just discovered this thread... I also have been plagued by this random respring problem. I followed the steps... But for some reason now my weather and location -imageuploadedbymodmyi1424393596.840550.jpgwon't show up on my HS or LS! I am on iOS 8.1.2 TaiG JB. Can anyone help with this please??? -imageuploadedbymodmyi1424393429.160014.jpg
    Did you add the 1 line of code to your widgets as explained in post #2 of this thread? Did you follow the instructions in post #1 to the letter?

    Are the widgets you showed in your post made to work with WidgetWeather or myLocation?

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    #m37h{ (2015-02-20), ELLSBLACK6 (2015-02-20)

  23. #435
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Did you add the 1 line of code to your widgets as explained in post #2 of this thread? Did you follow the instructions in post #1 to the letter?

    Are the widgets you showed in your post made to work with WidgetWeather or myLocation?
    They are... My apologies I added it to the rest, and missed this one. Thanks!

  24. #436
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ELLSBLACK6 View Post
    They are... My apologies I added it to the rest, and missed this one. Thanks!
    So the widgets are working for you now with no resprings?

  25. #437
    So far I'm finding that the ones I'm using now don't have that line of code in them... This is the closest thing to it...


    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1424405076.624702.jpg

  26. #438


    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So the widgets are working for you now with no resprings?

  27. #439
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    8,338
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

    Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Quote Originally Posted by ELLSBLACK6 View Post
    So far I'm finding that the ones I'm using now don't have that line of code in them... This is the closest thing to it...
    Yes, those are myLocation widgets and can't be converted for use in GL+/GB+ unfortunately. You'll need to say goodbye to them. Though if they're Lockscreens you can always turn off GroovyLock+ and still run them in Convergence or LockHTML4 and just bear with the respringing.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-02-20 at 02:15 PM.

  28. #440
    hi guys,i wonder if there were any reports from i5/c/s users on ios8xxx about custom resprings using regular SBHTML tweak?
    on my i6 those respring became more intense, so i am seriously thinking about moving to GB+,when i will be on vacation so i can have free time to convert all of my widgets to GB+, and i would like to know if all of newer widgets that worked with WW tweak work with GB+?thanx

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •