Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 831

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

  1. #21
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,733
    Thanks
    8,351
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Oh my you really just said that ?? about the peeps needing to thank you! Lmao
    if Ian Nicoll can put it in his signature, I feel okay asking for it as well.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-01 at 04:40 AM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (2015-01-01)

  3. #22
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,733
    Thanks
    8,351
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

    Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    The one I posted for you to take a look at the other day. WidgetWeather UniAW6.4 McFly (Rainy Day).theme. If it works can you zip it so I can use it.
    No Signori, but I can teach you how to make it work for yourself. I'll be posting my tutorial in post number two shortly. Read up and you can do it yourself.

    This won't be a sharing widgets thread… It will be a learning thread. Of course you guys can share anything that you want in PM with each other or you can post your converted version on the sharing widgets thread that mama J created.. But not on the thread itself please.

    I'll have the tutorial done in the next several hours.

    Please read post number 1 carefully to know what you can expect and not expect of this thread.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    bliken (2015-01-01), Boots (2015-01-01), chevymusclecar (2015-01-01), Hip5 (2015-02-14), SHARON1O (2015-01-01)

  5. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone knowledge561's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts

    Patiently waiting for this tutorial lmao. Im dying to mod that BTTF RC9 theme lol.

  6. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone knowledge561's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts

    I did everything correctly but I'm getting a black background for both my homescreen and lockscreen. No animations whatsoever. It works in iWidgets though but I rather have the stability from GL+.

  7. #25
    I set GL+ to off state and disabled the GL+ dylib in iCleaner, to test UniAW7_RC10_GroovyLock with the new groovyAPi+ together with convergance, and it runs fine, too. Does that mean convergance doesnt need an update to run with the new groovyAPi?

  8. #26
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,733
    Thanks
    8,351
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
    I did everything correctly but I'm getting a black background for both my homescreen and lockscreen. No animations whatsoever. It works in iWidgets though but I rather have the stability from GL+.
    "It" works ---- what is "it", Knowledge?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (2015-01-01)

  10. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone knowledge561's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    "It" works ---- what is "it", Knowledge?
    UniAW7 rc10. When I set up rc9 BTTF in iWidgets, everything worked fine. Animations showed and everything. Im trying to use UniAW7 rc10 for a homescreen widget through groovyboard+ but all im getting is a black screen. Set the permissions. Installed each deb with resprings inbetween. Just not working for me.

  11. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
    UniAW7 rc10. When I set up rc9 BTTF in iWidgets, everything worked fine. Animations showed and everything. Im trying to use UniAW7 rc10 for a homescreen widget through groovyboard+ but all im getting is a black screen. Set the permissions. Installed each deb with resprings inbetween. Just not working for me.
    did you make a copy of the LockBackground.html and rename the copy Wallpaper.html before placing the UNIAW7 folder in groovyboard+?

  12. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone knowledge561's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by incubus26jc View Post
    did you make a copy of the LockBackground.html and rename the copy Wallpaper.html before placing the UNIAW7 folder in groovyboard+?
    yes

  13. #30
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,733
    Thanks
    8,351
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

    Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Quote Originally Posted by TiLT1oNE View Post
    I set GL+ to off state and disabled the GL+ dylib in iCleaner, to test UniAW7_RC10_GroovyLock with the new groovyAPi+ together with convergance, and it runs fine, too. Does that mean convergance doesnt need an update to run with the new groovyAPi?
    No that's not what it means. Your Convergence is running without the benefit of gAPI+. It works either because it's been dual coded to work with WK WebView and UIWebView or you have a non gAPI+ version of rc10
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-01 at 02:06 AM.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (2015-01-01)

  15. #31
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,733
    Thanks
    8,351
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

    Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
    UniAW7 rc10. When I set up rc9 BTTF in iWidgets, everything worked fine. Animations showed and everything. Im trying to use UniAW7 rc10 for a homescreen widget through groovyboard+ but all im getting is a black screen. Set the permissions. Installed each deb with resprings inbetween. Just not working for me.
    Regular U7rc10 doesn't work in GB+. Only U7rc10_Groovylock in post 1 of this thread works in the + versions.

    If you ARE using rc10_GroovyLock then maybe you haven't placed it in var/mobile/Library/Groovyboard. Could that be it?
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-01 at 02:08 AM.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (2015-01-01)

  17. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone knowledge561's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Regular U7rc10 doesn't work in GB+. Only U7rc10_Groovylock in post 1 of this thread works in the + versions.

    If you ARE using rc10_GroovyLock then maybe you haven't placed it in var/mobile/Library/Groovyboard. Could that be it?
    I feel like this widget is trolling me. Did everything 100% and still getting a black background with nothing. Only GL+ widget thats working is the base widget weather 2.0 theme. GB+ only gives me a black screen smh.

  18. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    if Ian Nicoll can put it in his signature, I feel okay asking for it as well. ����
    I took that out of my signature well over a year ago! Maybe over 2 years ago.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-01-01 at 06:36 AM.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (2015-01-01), Mav1971 (2015-01-03), NewD (2015-01-01)

  20. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    De
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 44 Times in 33 Posts

    Uninstalled everything except the sbhtml(it wasn't shown as installed) and got the 256 error.

    I'll play around with it more tomorrow. Thanx for the thread new!!

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to roneraven For This Useful Post:

    NewD (2015-01-01)

  22. #35
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,733
    Thanks
    8,351
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    I took that out of my signature well over a year ago!
    Indeed you did, bro!!! Good point.. I'll edit my post..
    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
    I feel like this widget is trolling me. Did everything 100% and still getting a black background with nothing. Only GL+ widget thats working is the base widget weather 2.0 theme. GB+ only gives me a black screen smh.
    Some people have had to entirely uninstall GL+, gAPI+ and GB+ and start over.. If that solves it for you - you would be the 3rd person that experienced it. Worth a try..

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (2015-01-01)

  24. #36
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    De
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 44 Times in 33 Posts

    Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Weird, earlier when I uninstalled groovy and then reinstalled after the errors(re-installed the normal groovy), I just noticed that my location services arrow has vanished from the status bar and yes it's still updating according to my settings and gps is still on.

    Just thought I would share lol

    Edit: never mind it's back lol
    Last edited by roneraven; 2015-01-01 at 05:14 AM.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to roneraven For This Useful Post:

    NewD (2015-01-01)

  26. #37
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,733
    Thanks
    8,351
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

    Tutorial for WidgetWeather.xml-based LS and SB widgets posted in Post #2.

  27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (2015-01-01), Hip5 (2015-02-14), jawonder (2015-01-01), Mav1971 (2015-01-03), nik1975 (2015-01-01), roneraven (2015-01-01)

  28. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone knowledge561's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Indeed you did, bro!!! Good point.. I'll edit my post..
    Some people have had to entirely uninstall GL+, gAPI+ and GB+ and start over.. If that solves it for you - you would be the 3rd person that experienced it. Worth a try..
    I give up.

  29. #39
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,733
    Thanks
    8,351
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by knowledge561 View Post
    I give up.
    I'm sorry you're having trouble. There are only a couple of you that have had any issue. And you're the only one that hasn't eventually gotten it to work. So you're alone, bro. Have you tried turning off all other tweaks except Mobile Safety?

    And you're sure you're using the UniAW7rc10_GroovyLock from post #1 of this thread?

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (2015-01-01)

  31. #40
    iPhone? More like MyPhone knowledge561's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 21 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I'm sorry you're having trouble. There are only a couple of you that have had any issue. And you're the only one that hasn't eventually gotten it to work. So you're alone, bro. Have you tried turning off all other tweaks except Mobile Safety?

    And you're sure you're using the UniAW7rc10_GroovyLock from post #1 of this thread?
    I've tried it all. Unless there's something in the theme or settings im not clicking, i simply give up.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •