Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    i HAVE read it newD bout 4 times now...u just ticked me off with your tone...im not a child or stupid & ive been messing w this for a couple of days now to make sure i understood your directions BEFORE posting or asking ANY questions
    You ticked me off with your tone too.. So we're even. I don't owe anybody here anything.. I just shared my switch from the base - the rest is up to the modders to test.

But I still dig ya, Boots.. I'm not mad. I just feel so damn 'jumped on' here sometimes.. In post #1 I made clear.. Y'all are on your own - to try this stuff in your mods. I don't care how long it takes. That's how we ALL learn. And I never implied you were stupid. You certainly are NOT! You're a REAL modder.

ok i could keep going with this but ill leave off...

the switch does not work least not tonight in my current state if mind

Thanks

ok i could keep going with this but ill leave off...

the switch does not work least not tonight in my current state if mind
    Sorry. Not sure how that devolved.. I'm sorry for my part in it.. But I entirely rewrote post #4 tonight to the more visual method you asked for. Hope it helps.

And I think it's ill advised to base your mods on UniAW7rc10_groovylock as it has the wrong parse syntax anyway. All mods I'm pretty sure need to be based on UniAW7rc9 as Ian mentioned in UniAW7 thread -- there's virtually no difference between 9 and 10.. And 10_Groovylock was an interim step version. Mods shouldn't really be based on it from what I understand..

i wasnt planning to use it with rc10 but with uniaw7 from that thread...what i did was try it in both versions & it did not work thats why i came to you as u said to do in the gc forum.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boots For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-01-12)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    As I mentioned in the first post of this thread - I'm "teaching people to fish - not giving them fish". And I'm not doing the mods myself nor testing them (mostly due to no time). In the post you refer to above - I said I would try when I had the chance (or felt like it)
    If anyone needs a certain WW-based UniAW6 or 7 mod updated to run on both GroovyLock+ or the other LS players.. I can add that switch for you that will allow you to run it with the WK enhancements or not.. Just let me know what you need.
    ??
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-01-12 at 01:03 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-12)

Thanks

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Yeah.. Fair enuff challenge, Ian. I started this thread after I wrote post 2815 in UniAW7(that post is now edited) and I realized the better approach is to give modders the tools to try themselves. That's what I've always appreciated about you - is that you give out the code for people to try 'on their own'. If they run into trouble they just need to work it through until someone (many times, Marty) makes the time to receive their widget and troubleshoot it for them. I (and usually you too) don't have the time to actually do the full troubleshoot for as many who have asked.

So since I wrote post 2815 I created this thread for people to "try and keep trying" on their own and to ask specific questions if they hit walls. But I can't offer them to test it for them in every mod that's been asked of me lately.

I wrote the switch to work in 02_WidgetWeather_Base mods going forward. That widget by Dacal I know very well. UniAW7 is your baby, bro.. And has some differences from Dacal's base. Maybe you can adapt the switch I wrote to support UniAW7, bro. That would be a big help to many.. and as I mentioned to Boots, I have no need for the switch since I'm not a modder. I converted all my own widgets, including UniAW7 permanently to use GL+/GB+.

Sorry for the apparent "take back", gang, but I don't have the time nor complete enough a coding skill set to support UniAW7.. I believe you do, Ian. Maybe you can help Boots.

Thx..
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-12 at 02:19 PM.

It IS the case, Ras.. GroovyAPI+ is only to make up for the lack of the local file access currently broken in WkWebView in iOS8.1.2. GroovyLock original and GroovyLock+ always stood alone. GroovyLock without WW can't pull GPS data.. And Cydget without June's calls thru Cycript can't get GPS weather data either. So the distinction is moot.. Both scenarios require two tweaks..
    Sorry for later reply, but phone line and internet was down for almost a week (British efficiency).
    I make it 2 and 3 required tweaks.
    Each form needs a LS platform tweak, Cydget or GroovyLock/GroovyLock+, next a tweak to get the GPS/weather, cycript or WW, that's 2 tweaks each. However you still need GroovyAPI+, when using GroovyLock+, to get the GPS/weather data from file onto LS display, which makes it the third tweak, right?
    This is becoming splitting hairs now. LOL
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-01-12)

edit:

NewD lets be done with this!
    I still dig ya NewD...im not mad (anymore) lol
    i actually have a suggestion for you to circumvent this happening again & u feeling jumped on...State somewhere in your first few posts in big red bold letters if need be that your switch has not been tested on UniAW7 or the UniAW7_rc10 groovylock+ u have posted in post#1

another suggestion...maybe remove the posts between us so as not to distract from the real purpose of the thread?
    Last edited by Boots; 2015-01-12 at 03:02 PM.

Grant, you wrote that post on 7th Jan & started this thread on Jan 1, after I had read all the posts you made here about you not going to do coding for people I was a bit surprised when you posted on the UniAW thread a week later, now you change your mind again, no wonder people are getting annoyed!

I'm not going to mod UniAW with "your?" switch as I don't want to install all the Groovy+ again on my i5 just to test a switch, & it's easier for people to modify the one line of code in the main.js than attempt to understand your switch.

I really don't know what your trying to do here, your getting yourself into a pickle with conflicting posts. Bye bye from me to this thread.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-01-12 at 03:45 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-01-22), chevymusclecar (2015-01-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Sorry for later reply, but phone line and internet was down for almost a week (British efficiency).
    I make it 2 and 3 required tweaks.
    Each form needs a LS platform tweak, Cydget or GroovyLock/GroovyLock+, next a tweak to get the GPS/weather, cycript or WW, that's 2 tweaks each. However you still need GroovyAPI+, when using GroovyLock+, to get the GPS/weather data from file onto LS display, which makes it the third tweak, right?
    This is becoming splitting hairs now. LOL
    On GL+ yes it would be 3 tweaks due to the local file bug. GL, lockhtml or convergence it would be 2 tweaks.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-01-12)

Thanks

edit:

NewD lets be done with this!
    I still dig ya NewD...im not mad (anymore) lol
    i actually have a suggestion for you to circumvent this happening again & u feeling jumped on...State somewhere in your first few posts in big red bold letters if need be that your switch has not been tested on UniAW7 or the UniAW7_rc10 groovylock+ u have posted in post#1

another suggestion...maybe remove the posts between us so as not to distract from the real purpose of the thread?
    Good suggestion, Boots.. Fair points all.. Sorry for last night... 'Twas a little weird my reaction... Feeling a little pressure at work with some deadlines.. took it out on you... my apologies.. Will edit my earlier posts.. agreed..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Grant, you wrote that post on 7th Jan & started this thread on Jan 1, after I had read all the posts you made here about you not going to do coding for people I was a bit surprised when you posted on the UniAW thread a week later, now you change your mind again, no wonder people are getting annoyed!
    Just 'updated' my mind, Ian. My first post on your thread on 1/7 already expressed reticence in offering the help.. that was clear in my 1/7 post because of the firestorm of 'do this for me, do this for me' that was already starting in YOUR thread and GroovyLock. In fact I started THIS thread to 'help' your thread not be so cluttered. Again, in this place - NO GOOD deed goes unpunished as now you are trying to preach to me about what I should or shouldn't do with my free time - or feel obligated to do.. Please......

I'm not going to mod UniAW with "your?" switch as I don't want to install all the Groovy+ again on my i5 just to test a switch, & it's easier for people to modify the one line of code in the main.js than attempt to understand your switch.
    On that point we agree... and that's exactly what I did for my UniAW mods as well. One line code... easy-peasey done.. I have no desire to 'test it' for people as it wasn't even written as 'a' switch to work with UniAW.. It was written for 02_WidgetWeather_Base and all mods based on that going forward. Though I know, if I did the switch in UniAW7, it would work with just a little tweaking. I just don't have the time nor the 'current' interest in doing the troubleshooting for the modder's desiring it at this point. Neither do you, clearly.

I really don't know what your trying to do here, your getting yourself into a pickle with conflicting posts. Bye bye from me to this thread.
    Don't exaggerate, Ian. It was only one conflicting post - and even that you had to go hunting for to try and make that case. You know I appreciate all your efforts for us, but give me a damn break... Lol!! If you can't see what I'm "trying to do".. then you're choosing to close your eyes. What I'm "trying to do" here is help people understand how to code for themselves to get their phones to do what they're not currently doing. Same as you in your thread, bro.. 😉
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-15 at 01:39 PM.

Back on my 5 I used heavily hacked up version of Parallax Slideshow for my lock screen. I was able to use it as a base to get what I wanted, it may not be the most efficient or elegant way, but it worked for me. Basically all it was the location, current condition, and temperature, no animations, no background. Sort of like Forecast, but where I wanted it and sized, etc.

When I jailbroke my 6+ I tried it out. Got the sizing down and was happy. Then the resprings, not many but enough to make me track it down. Then other issue was no GPS, whenever I went it stuck to my hometown. Found this a few days ago while fighting the flu. Tried it. Couldn't get anything to appear on my lock screen, something was there as it blocked out my lock screen image. Tried this and that and when I started getting the white screens (no insomnia installed), I deleted everything and went back to groovylock from Cydia.

Before I go any further, I wonder if this thread is really even the place I should be. Basically I'm just looking for a way to get my location updated on my old hacked up lock screen. Not looking for someone to fix it, just tell me if I'm on the right track or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Sounds like you were on the right track. You need Widget Weather 2 for the weather to work. GL+ should stop the resprings so you need to make the small conversion for GL+ for the weather to work with that. Then you just need insomnia to stop the LS from freezing.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-01-16), NewD (2015-01-16), scorpio333 (2015-01-16)

NewD...if i put in the commented out jQuery to uniaw7_rc9 will this allow for it to run on regular groovyboard? or is this strictly for gb+

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    NewD...if i put in the commented out jQuery to uniaw7_rc9 will this allow for it to run on regular groovyboard? or is this strictly for gb+
    Not sure I entirely follow the question, Boots... Original rc9 already comes with the jQuery line in the updateWeather() function.. SO - if you modded it at some point to work with with GL+/GB+, by commenting out the jQuery line, like this:
    Code:
    //jQuery.get............... {
    groovyapi.do .............{
    ... then, yes.. to get it back to working with original GL/SBHTML is simply a matter of reversing back to original...

Code:
    jQuery.get................... {
    //groovyapi.do..........{
    Does that answer your question?

The 'simple fix method' (in post #2 here), without the switch, works in any WW2 based mod - including UniAW7 and its mods.

hmm ok ill have to double check it cuz i believe i had to add it in myself in the rc9 im going to mod...but actually was wondering if i did have that
    //jQuery
    groovyAPI.do
    if it would work on regular groovyboard & regular groovyAPI? or is that only for gb+
    just trying to make my mods the least fussy to work with or use

for ex: someone who isnt using any of the groovy beta players wants to use my u7 mod i made but i am updating it to run in u7 rc9 and for gb+ will that person be able to use it w/out gb+

hope im making sense if not om me & ill explain further
    Last edited by Boots; 2015-01-21 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks

hmm ok ill have to double check it cuz i believe i had to add it in myself in the rc9 im going to mod...but actually was wondering if i did have that
    //jQuery
    groovyAPI.do
    if it would work on regular groovyboard & regular groovyAPI? or is that only for gb+
    just trying to make my mods the least fussy to work with or use

for ex: someone who isnt using any of the groovy beta players wants to use my u7 mod i made but i am updating it to run in u7 rc9 and for gb+ will that person be able to use it w/out gb+

hope im making sense if not om me & ill explain further
    IF I understand your request - and I'm still not sure I do... The no fuss, no muss, way to deliver a mod based on U7, if you prefer not to use the switch in config.js, is to send it to people replacing this (in rc9 from page 1 of UniAW7 thread):

Code:
    jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    with this:
    Code:
    jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    //groovyAPI.do ( { read: "widgetweather" + xmlnumber + ".xml" }, function(data) {
    And then explain to your users -- that if they want to use it in Groovylock (original), SBHTML, Coverngence, LH3 or LH4 they should use it AS IS.. If they want to use it in GL+/GB+ they need to comment out the jQuery line and take out the comment slashes from the groovyapi.do line.. Or you could add the switch for them and then they'd only need to go into the config.js and change false to true or viceversa. I personally feel the switch way is easier in the long haul (for the user -- little harder for the modder).

Did I answer it that time?

Excellent!!

ive been torn on whether to add the switch or not since there seems to b mixed feelings about it but thinkin that for the long haul this might be the way to go to just go ahead & do it...
    Last edited by Boots; 2015-01-21 at 09:12 PM.

Thanks

Excellent!!

ive been torn on whether to add the switch or not since there seems to b mixed feelings about it but thinkin that for the long haul this might be the way to go to just go ahead & do it...
    The switch way? or the "two line simply entry - and explain to users how to edit code for GL+/GB+" way? Wasn't clear (to me.. LOL) in your response there which way you think is best for the long haul for your mod.

I'm happy to help put the switch into it if you'd like me to. Just hit me up in PM with a link to it as is.. and I'll mod the switch in for ya.

Keep in mind -- we've entirely abandoned the 'auto sense' method that was so frustrating for Ian.. The 'switch' way is fool proof and there really are no mixed feelings about it - since it works flawlessly in every mod it's added to including all those based on UniAW7... It works perfectly in every setting - now that I've created a unique one for both UniAW7 mods and 02_WidgetWeather_Base. The switch is so solid that Brian and Dacal and SD all signed off on it being included in the Cydia version of WW2... That means 'rock solid'.. Where the 'mixed feelings came in' is that if Jake could fix a couple of things we could actually add an 'autosense' code with no config.js to change... and it would be even BETTER (autosense) than a physical switch. But making users go in the main.js and change comment out lines is asking for trouble in my opinion.

Again.. I'm happy to help...
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-21 at 09:53 PM.

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast