Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tiababy's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello all

I was getting resprings so came along to try this. Now the issue is with groovyboard+ the widgets I'm running (atm mones sideweather one I altered for the iPhone 6) won't update or display weather info. In fact none of them will.

Anyone able to point me in the direction to fix this?
    (The file updates as usual when viewed in ifile but never gets the weather info when applied to the homescreen)
    Last edited by Tiababy; 2015-01-09 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I have only 1 bug with Insomnia.. a few extra white screens in GB+.. Virtually no additional battery drain.. I can live with those two way more than I can live with the LS's failing to launch. Yuck!

But the 6+ may react worse to insomnia.. Would be nice to get a fix or workaround that everybody could use.
    On my i6 nonplus the actovator thing doesnt work :/ and insomnia make my phone buggy as hell, and the battery drains faster.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiLT1oNE View Post
    On my i6 nonplus the actovator thing doesnt work :/ and insomnia make my phone buggy as hell, and the battery drains faster.
    Explain "buggy as hell"? I get no bugs. And my battery drain is about 1-2% more .. very minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Explain "buggy as hell"? I get no bugs. And my battery drain is about 1-2% more .. very minimal.
    hmm, did you use a different version? I use the one from the bigboss repo (6.0.1), and after I installed it, sometimes I cant start my apps, I press on them and nothing happens, than the white screen bug on my SB comes more often since I installed insomnia.

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiababy View Post
    Hello all

I was getting a lot of resprings so came along to try this. Now the issue is with groovyboard+ the widgets I'm running (atm mones sideweather one I altered for the iPhone 6) won't update or display weather info. In fact none of them will.

Anyone able to point me in the direction to fix this?
    (The file updates as usual when viewed in ifile but never gets the weather info when applied to the homescreen)
    GB+ will read from the documents folder to get info, but it will not use rss type of feeds which is a little outdated and typically what Mone uses. The widgets would need to be recoded.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tiababy's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks I'll switch back to SBHTML then as 98% of the widgets I use rely on that form of coding.

That will work. Just be aware that I believe the writing is on the wall and these types may become obsolete in the near future.

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm, did you use a different version? I use the one from the bigboss repo (6.0.1), and after I installed it, sometimes I cant start my apps, I press on them and nothing happens, than the white screen bug on my SB comes more often since I installed insomnia.
    I am using insomnia on my 6+. To be honest I don't really find it buggy. I don't have issues with opening apps. The white screen on SB comes the same amount of times as when I didn't have it installed. I notice the battery decreases faster. I guess it depends what apps you have installed also. Maybe a conflict.

I found another trick to update the clock while on the LS when we use convergance and the clock stops, we can swipe to the left to open the cam on the LS, and swipe back than it reloads the theme, and the clock

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TiLT1oNE For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-01-09)

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    I am using insomnia on my 6+. To be honest I don't really find it buggy. I don't have issues with opening apps. The white screen on SB comes the same amount of times as when I didn't have it installed. I notice the battery decreases faster. I guess it depends what apps you have installed also. Maybe a conflict.
    Since I got rid of Insomnia, I've not had one white screen!

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    But what about the LS? When I don't have insomnia. Yes no white screens but my LS sometimes is blank or doesn't show.

Does that happen to you?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-01-09)

Not blank, just clock showing the incorrect time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

bliken (2015-01-09)

My LS Chevy Base with GL+ without insomnia will sometimes be blank just a blurred background and other times it will show without temp (just empty place for temp)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-01-11)

Thanks

I've used both 6.0.1 (free) from Big Boss and the Paid one. Both aren't really buggy for me except the few additional white screens on SB. Are you on a 6+? I hear the 6+ gets even MORE white screens than the 6 using Insomnia. I get 2-3 a day.. That's not a problem for me. I've never had a single app not launch for me as a result of Insomnia. That's some other tweak conflict more likely that you're experiencing. But I understand not wanting to use an app that you see problems with. I'm glad I'm not having any real trouble with it. And I'm still recommending to a lot of people who have the Black screens and broken JS timer issues on LS.

As King and Ian have surmised - it's more of a 'feature' of WKWebView in iOS8 to save battery. That's why the LS widgets go to sleep. So we'll have to find a tweak in the future that prevents that from happening.. but isn't buggy for anyone either.
    Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    My LS Chevy Base with GL+ without insomnia will sometimes be blank just a blurred background and other times it will show without temp (just empty place for temp)
    This is part of the same 'bug' we're all experiencing. Widgets go to deep sleep with LS.. Wake up without being connected = lockscreen. It's how WK seems to be designed.. Gonna have to rely on a tweak going forward. For now Insomnia is my choice.. No other choice I've seen so far..

Thanks

Not blank, just clock showing the incorrect time.
    Screen going black, I believe, part of the same issue, King.. Don't you think? Widget falls asleep - weather wall can't be determined for lack of data - UniAW-based widgets show a black wall in its place.. or more accurately your wallpaper chosen in Settings-->Wallapaper (for me that's a black one). Maybe Blik too.
    Without Insomnia I get at least 1 white screen a day.. The complaints for white screens long predate our discovery of Insomnia just 10 days ago. From the earliest days after release of GB+/GL+ in the GroovyLock thread. Insomnia seems to increase them.. but can't be authoring them.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-09 at 06:57 PM.

My workaround for the clock stopping business until a solution is found, wasn't a fan of insomnia so just went stock clock
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1420826139.784488.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starholk View Post

More problem. I tried groovylock too. Same thing.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

Hi all!!
    I have a similar bug in many widgets and widget Sbhtml:

- in real weather conditions Light Drizzle, it does not show the description .... I found a bug in "Translation.js" .... with the Italian translation.... there are two "drizzle", missing "light drizzle" ..... so when the weather should show the description Light Drizzle it does not find the translation and not showing me anything ... I solved by adding to one of the two light drizzle the text "Light" before "drizzle" and added its translation in my language

maybe there is something, some similar error in your Translation.js or main.js ... check

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by st0n3parad0x View Post
    My workaround for the clock stopping business until a solution is found, wasn't a fan of insomnia so just went stock clock
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1420826139.784488.jpg
    I need animation on my LS.. That also stops working with occasionally without a solution like Insomnia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pibe77 View Post
    Hi all!!
    I have a similar bug in many widgets and widget Sbhtml:

- in real weather conditions Light Drizzle, it does not show the description .... I found a bug in "Translation.js" .... with the Italian translation.... there are two "drizzle", missing "light drizzle" ..... so when the weather should show the description Light Drizzle it does not find the translation and not showing me anything ... I solved by adding to one of the two light drizzle the text "Light" before "drizzle" and added its translation in my language

maybe there is something, some similar error in your Translation.js or main.js ... check
    EXCELLENT FIND, Pibe!!!!! That was a simple thing... but you kept looking!! Exactly the spirit of this thread I created!! Finding answers on your own after learning from others!!! Great work, sir!!

Grant

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Pibe77 (2015-01-09)

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    [need animation on my LS.. That also stops working with occasionally without a solution like Insomnia.[/QUOTE]

Well I have full animation and in over a week that clock has never been wrong or stopped or frozen it's been perfect.
    Just throwing it out there.

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast