Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+

It is a very basic Windows version, but I found this one for the mac, https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/png-...99480442?mt=12
    Here is another apng, 8 frames from 2 different images with different speed.

This is an old calculator icon I made a long time ago

Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-01-05 at 11:05 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-01-06), NewD (2015-01-06), RKO1195 (2015-01-06)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Sorry if I got that wrong. It only stuck in my mind that Durben was the most outspoken at that time.

You could say cydget and cycript are what groovylock and groovyapi are, but that would not be quite right. Each of these two work well together, but cydget and cycript are a bit more independent, meaning you can use cydget without cycript. Not sure if that is the case for groovylock and groovyapi.
    It IS the case, Ras.. GroovyAPI+ is only to make up for the lack of the local file access currently broken in WkWebView in iOS8.1.2. GroovyLock original and GroovyLock+ always stood alone. GroovyLock without WW can't pull GPS data.. And Cydget without June's calls thru Cycript can't get GPS weather data either. So the distinction is moot.. Both scenarios require two tweaks..
    I don't have a 6+ or even a 6, so can not comment on that as I do not have any personal experience with those. UIWebView has turned into a resource waster in iOS 8 as it has been mentioned in many online articles/tests. WKWebView manages those resources in a much more efficient way, however if Saurik says that it is not mature enough to be used by cydget then he will have his reasons, why he does not switch it. I don't think this is down to his ego-trip, I think more that he does not want to have to deal with the complains when cydget becomes buggy when using a new, maybe rough at the edges - as new systems tend to do-, WKWebView. I don't know and only can guess.
    This is a fair assessment of WKWebView and I agree with it. It still has two simple bugs. Local file access and js timers broken. Easy fixes for Apple. Where Saurik was using 'ego/scare tactics' in my view was to state on Reddit "But is it safe??" --implying it was open to security bugs. He was attempting, in my view, to scare people away from using it now - so that when the bugs come out and he implements it into Cydget - he can sorta be seen as the 'grand innovator' again. It was a self-serving statement on his part in my view as there hasn't been a shred of evidence provided by any reputable source yet (that I've found) that purports any security worry in WKWebView as currently implemented in 8.1.2. Yes, he had his reasons for saying it... .......nuff said.
    Knowing your past obsession with location correctness, I can tell you that you would have ditched WW as soon as iOS 8 came out when you were living where I am. I live in village A, 2 miles away is village B and 6 miles away is town C. Yahoo placed me in village B, weather.com/iOS Weather App placed me in town C, but WeatherUnderground puts me in village A, where I live, just as Google Maps does. I even entered village B in the Weather App, but it could not find any results which is funny because there is a weather station in village B, that's why Yahoo knew village B. That is weather.com outside the US, very much different to what you experience inside the US.
    Yes.. indeed.. from the day you introduced me to WeatherUnderground and Google.. I've been very hooked. I just couldn't develop my location iWidget with WU because of the free API key everyone would need to sign up for. Not a good development choice except for personal use. Google has been a great API for my uses.. I finally mastered a JavaScript array maneuver to find the unique bits of township data from the 8-9 formatted address returns from Google which aren't the least bit consistent. I think if you looked at my code you would get one of those giggles you mentioned looking at June's code too... If you're interested email me at [email protected]. I know you don't use PM's here at MMi. For obvious reasons I don't want to post the code publicly because my iWidget is being packaged for a paid tweak soon. But I will in email to a fellow code enthusiast.

Weather.com in iOS8 has totally nailed weather accuracy for my small town outside of a major city. Because in Yahoo in iOS7 I only ever saw Cloudy, Mostly, Cloudy, Partly Cloudy and Fair. Never saw rain, clear, sunny.. Yahoo ignores small towns near large cities in US. Now with weather.com my weather is accurate to within minutes. Google still my favorite for location accuracy... though they've started, as of Jan1 being very stingy about calls to the free API on WiFI networks. When I switch to wifi at home, since January 1 - my widget goes down.. Google refuses the call. When I switch back to LTE or 4G - widget works again.. Maybe we can figure out why..
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-06 at 08:01 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-01-06)

Just one note here. I don't believe that the js timers being stopped will be fixed in any release of iOS. From what I've read it appears that Apple has done this on purpose to conserve battery. Much like Saurik has done with Cydgets.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-01-06), TiLT1oNE (2015-01-07)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Just one note here. I don't believe that the js timers being stopped will be fixed in any release of iOS. From what I've read it appears that Apple has done this on purpose to conserve battery. Much like Saurik has done with Cydgets.
    Thanks, King. I agree with your assessment as I think it through more clearly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-01-06)

Hi All,

I have been trying to get rid of the center blur area on Chevy's WW2.0 for Groovylock+. I have messed around in the different files but can't seem to find one that gets rid of blur and keeps the everything still working. Here is a screenshot of the LS. I want to try to get the center where the picture is to not be blurred but keep blur when a tab weather condition is selected.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/olbd1lno9p...200-1.PNG?dl=0

Thanks for any help

Wow that was easy! Thanks for tutorial New. Now I have one of my fav LS updated for GL+.-imageuploadedbymodmyi1420597534.087031.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2130 View Post
    Wow that was easy! Thanks for tutorial New. Now I have one of my fav LS updated for GL+.-imageuploadedbymodmyi1420597534.087031.jpg
    glad the tutorial helped you, Mike! Feels good to be able to do it yourself, doesn't it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Mike2130 (2015-01-07)

I also read this a while back, but then there are those that think it's a bug, if Apple really did it to conserve battery, why not do it to UIWebView too?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-01-07), NewD (2015-01-07), signori (2015-01-07)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    I also read this a while back, but then there are those that think it's a bug, if Apple really did it to conserve battery, why not do it to UIWebView too?
    My guess would be that:

1. They may just be testing it with WK first before implementing to UI.

2. UI may become obsolete.

Just speculation here though, not based on any real info.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-01-08), NewD (2015-01-07)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2130 View Post
    is that TheWayToZion uniaw ww mod on your ls?

When my weather home is light breeze i got black wallpaper. Any suggestion on that problem.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starholk View Post
    When my weather home is light breeze i got black wallpaper. Any suggestion on that problem.

It's not because of 'Light breeze' - Do you notice the 'comma' ( , ) right prior to the words "light breeze"? There's supposed to be a weather condition there -- like "Cloudy, light breeze" or "Partly Cloudy, light breeze". The reason your background is black is because there's no 'weather condition' bring pulled from the xml file to the widget from which to PICK a Weather Wall... Something very weird going on there.

Yes. I also noticed the comma. Do you have any idea which file to search for. I installed Groovyboard+ today. Works great. No resprings.

Thanks

Default Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+
    Yes. I also noticed the comma. Do you have any idea which file to search for. I installed Groovyboard+ today. Works great. No resprings.

Strange. It works for me...

Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-08 at 12:12 AM.

Yes. Fog, light breeze works But sometimes its just comma and light breeze . Maybe download it again and try.

My guess would be that:

1. They may just be testing it with WK first before implementing to UI.
    2. UI may become obsolete.
    Just speculation here though, not based on any real info.
    I think you may be correct, seems not a bug but deliberate.
    My conclusion is that the with WKWebView having access to the Nitro JIT JavaScript engine, it probably uses more power to run so they stop the js execution (in only this "Nitro" engine) when phone sleeps.
    UIWebView doesn't have access to the Nitro engine so it doesn't get effected.
    UiWebView will eventually (but don't think it will be anytime soon) become obsolete.

So if all LS tweaks get built-in "Insomnia" like code, then everybody will complain about battery usage because the Nitro engine must use more battery, it's a vicious circle.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-01-08), TiLT1oNE (2015-01-08)

More problem. I tried groovylock too. Same thing.

More problem. I tried groovylock too. Same thing.

is this the right file?

map.xml.zip

is this the right file?
    No,
    Go to "var/mobile/Document" folder, zip it & post your widgetweather.xml file.

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast