Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1621

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Default Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Wow, OK, didn't know that, but I can clearly remember, first I installed WW2 updated version for IOS9 and after that LockHTML4. When I opened LockHTML after that, I got 2 choices WW base and Wethr. I honestly have no idea where did that one come from. Haven't installed anything before taht. Looks like this BTW:

And my WW2 settings are:

Wethr was installed as a theme with the installation of LockHTML4's most recent update. It installed one other thing too as a dependency.

WW2 itself also installs a theme in GroovyLock folder.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

bbrks (2015-10-24)

Hey all, been out of the game for a while for a while and just got back to a JB state on 9.0.2.

My question is with WW2, I have the myLocation.txt and weatherwidget.xml files where they need to be and see them both updating in iFile based on their timestamps. However, the widget themselves don't update the temperature or location as I have it set to 15 minutes. It will however update as necessary when I respring. Is this problem bc of the widget I'm using? Having trouble pinpointing the problem. Currently using Sitals Glass iWidget.

Thank you-imageuploadedbytapatalk1445717193.341252.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that widget designed for WW? The widget will have its own update interval too.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks for the reply King. You know, honestly not sure. I just downloaded it down from another thread. Is there a way to tell?

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Is that widget designed for WW? The widget will have its own update interval too.
    I have this iWidget and I just checked. It pulls from yahoo and you have to enter your yahoo city code so I don't think it uses WW2. But in the configuration of the widget you do need to set the update time.

iPhone 6 on 8.4

Ah, okay...so this widget won't auto update as location changes? It's made for more of a static location widget? Is there a good place to check out WW2 compatible widgets?

Quote Originally Posted by taykiin View Post
    Ah, okay...so this widget won't auto update as location changes? It's made for more of a static location widget? Is there a good place to check out WW2 compatible widgets?

No, it will use GPS also if you want. If you turn off GPS then you need to enter your yahoo code. I just don't think it uses WW2

iPhone 6 on 8.4

So essentially I would want to turn WW2 off if I'm using this widget? Basically sounds like there is a conflict with this particular widget. Thanks for the info

I have WW2 always on and I still use iWidgets with GPS with no issue. But yea I guess try it and see. Good luck

iPhone 6 on 8.4

Livin the iPhone Life Mary48336's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,148 Posts

I just removed the BatterySaver tweak and all my widgets and ls are working fine now

Everyday can be amazing, it's all up to you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mary48336 For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2015-10-25)

Yah, I'm not sure... I'm really confused. Where can I find WW2 compatible widgets? I don't understand why this particular widget won't work. It acts like it wants to but only refreshes after respring. Is it possibly because I'm on a 6s?

Last edited by taykiin; 2015-10-25 at 02:54 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Mary48336's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,148 Posts

Yah, I'm not sure... I'm really confused. Where can I find WW2 compatible widgets? I don't understand why this particular widget won't work. It acts like it wants to but only refreshes after respring. Is it possibly because I'm on a 6s?

Do you have any battery save tweaks installed like I did?

Everyday can be amazing, it's all up to you

Nope, no battery tweaks...i may start uninstalling other tweaks to see if there is a culprit, I don't have many

Nope, no battery tweaks...i may start uninstalling other tweaks to see if there is a culprit, I don't have many
    Try another widget first & see if it updates correctly before you start deleting stuff, sounds to me like an issue with the widget, but could be you have an issue/conflict with WW2.

Some info for you:
    Even if a widget is not written for WW2, WW2 still can come in very handy.

Example: You have a widget that can use "gps", this means the widget will look for your coordinates in a "myLocation.txt" file in your phones "Documents" folder, so you will need a tweak that will get these coordinates & write them to the file, years back we all used the "MyLocation" tweak but it is no longer maintained so the WW team put an option in WW2 that will do the same job, it's the "MyLocation" toggle inside the "Extra Settings" page of WW2. When this is on, WW2 will write the .xml file for your widgets that can use WW2 and also write the .txt file (with your coordinates) so you can use the gps option in widgets that have it, both files are automatically updated for you.

But just because the files are getting updated by WW2 doesn't mean your widget will automatically update, your widget has to be coded to look at these files every 10 - 15 minutes (usually), and this is what seems to be wrong with your widget.

BUT..(again).. it's also possible that WW2 isn't updating your .xml file (or .txt file), this is why it's best to try a couple of different widgets, if they are all not updating then odds are you have issue with WW2, if other's "are" updating then the issue is with that particular widget.

Hope this clears things up a bit for you.

Sorry for the long post, but you have to read it all cause I'm purple.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-10-25 at 08:11 PM.

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-10-25), bbrks (2015-10-25), dollface54 (2015-10-25), jasonmilford (2015-10-26), King_O_Hill (2015-10-25), lostinthemes (2015-10-26), Mary48336 (2015-10-26), menard_00 (2015-10-27), NewD (2015-10-25), tuguye11 (2015-10-25)

Yea I think it just an issue with this one widget

iPhone 6 on 8.4

Thanks for the explanation! That really helps. I believe it's how it's coded. In iFile I see the updates per the file (my location.txt and weatherwidget.xml) time stamps and the info inside so that leads me to believe it's the widget. Trying another widget as we speak. Thanks again for the info!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to taykiin For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-10-25)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,526 Times in 977 Posts

Posted this in the UniAW thread...thought to post here too for everyone's benefit (whoever had issues with the clock not updating properly)...

"Just an FYI...I've been keeping track of the .xml file updating the wrong timezone issue and I just tested it and now is updating correctly...in all devices...maybe it was a feed issue from the weather service?...anyway the clock updates properly now using widgetweather as the source in the Config.js file ..."

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kristatos For This Useful Post:

#m37h{ (2015-10-25), King_O_Hill (2015-10-26)

Hmm, I recall someone mentioning it might be the feed was being messed with. That guy must be really good at this stuff!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (2015-10-26), kristatos (2015-10-26)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,526 Times in 977 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Hmm, I recall someone mentioning it might be the feed was being messed with. That guy must be really good at this stuff!
    Hahaha......that's why you're the King (at least by user name )...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to kristatos For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-10-26)

I believe everything is sorted... Thank you all for the widget/WW2 help. I'm a little rusty!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1445836512.917501.jpg

28. The Following User Says Thank You to taykiin For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-10-26)

Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast