Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1621

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved

  1. #1041
    @Gr4dy did u by chance also install groovyAPI+? As well as completely remove all files of old regular groovylock?

  2. #1042
    Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    I was pretty sure it had nothing to do with WW2.. Try going into the Winterboard theme(s) you're running and disabling any info.plists by renaming them to info1.plist.. then Respring from within Winterboard. I'll bet that gets rid of any remaining auto resprings for you. It did for me.
    Ok...I'll give that a try. There must still be something with WW2, though. My iPhone is at its most stable when it's not installed. Here is a complete list of the tweaks I have installed:

    betterFiveIconDock
    FolderEhancer (iOS 7/8)
    HomescreenDesigner
    iFile
    iWidgets
    iWidgetTapper
    Polus
    Tage
    WidgetWeather2
    Winterboard

    Now before you have me take a look at iWidgets (I know others have speculated some of the problem might be rooted there) I ran a couple of iWidgets the whole time I was in my testing phase over the last 18 days. These widgets do not use any animation and don't have any weather/location functions (which would require WW2). The phone was totally stable (until yesterday, that is). Here are the 2 widgets I was running:

    -img_3735.png

    I am going to reinstall WidgetWeather2, fix any .plist files, and then report back my findings.

  3. #1043
    Livin the iPhone Life oldskoolsk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    1,174
    Thanks
    1,896
    Thanked 1,970 Times in 725 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
    Ok...I'll give that a try. There must still be something with WW2, though. My iPhone is at its most stable when it's not installed. Here is a complete list of the tweaks I have installed:

    betterFiveIconDock
    FolderEhancer (iOS 7/8)
    HomescreenDesigner
    iFile
    iWidgets
    iWidgetTapper
    Polus
    Tage
    WidgetWeather2
    Winterboard

    Now before you have me take a look at iWidgets (I know others have speculated some of the problem might be rooted there) I ran a couple of iWidgets the whole time I was in my testing phase over the last 18 days. These widgets do not use any animation and don't have any weather/location functions (which would require WW2). The phone was totally stable (until yesterday, that is). Here are the 2 widgets I was running:

    -img_3735.png

    I am going to reinstall WidgetWeather2, fix any .plist files, and then report back my findings.
    What is that Google search widget? Is it an iwidget?

  4. #1044
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolsk8r View Post
    What is that Google search widget? Is it an iwidget?
    Yes..it's an iWidget. It is a modified version of a widget found in 'iWidget Pack 5 by June search widgets' by JunesiPhone. There are 9 packs available. Buy any one and you have access to all of them. There are similar, free, versions of this type of search widget out there (if you look) however, none of the ones I have seen are as customizable as June's. In addition, he made a custom version for me (check the posts under my profile...I don't remember which thread it is in) that allows Safari to be launched when you hit the 'Done' button at the top of the keyboard, instead of having to hit the search glyph. I have modified the widget further by replacing the search glyph (a magnifying glass) with the Google 'Mic' glyph (as seen in the image I inserted). I then created a hotspot (via iWidgetTapper) to start the "Google Search" app (available in the Apple App Store) when the 'Mic' glyph is tapped. This gives me "Ok Google" voice search capability.
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 2015-04-11 at 01:57 AM.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragonjo8 For This Useful Post:

    Boots (2015-04-11), Mav1971 (2015-04-11)

  6. #1045
    I'm addicted to jailbreak lostinthemes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    7,098
    Thanked 478 Times in 228 Posts

    I've never encountered a problem from the beginning of WW until a couple of days ago.
    Bought a new iph5 on ios 8.1.2, jb it, install WW2 and tried everything known and discussed in WW threads and never succes to Show up my GL widgets (not plus)
    Every one of them depends on UniAW 6.4 or 7.1, everyone shows no widgetweather.xml
    Even uninstalled WW and installed the SDDev deb. file 1.15-33 from January 2014, no luck...
    So waiting for a new update but untill that time may anyone post a widgetweather.xml file from their device so I place it manually to the Documents path, maybe it will work?

  7. #1046
    Professional kristatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Posts
    1,204
    Thanks
    20,187
    Thanked 3,526 Times in 977 Posts

    Default Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved
    Edit...
    Last edited by kristatos; 2015-04-15 at 03:30 PM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to kristatos For This Useful Post:

    lostinthemes (2015-04-13)

  9. #1047
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    I've never encountered a problem from the beginning of WW until a couple of days ago.
    Bought a new iph5 on ios 8.1.2, jb it, install WW2 and tried everything known and discussed in WW threads and never succes to Show up my GL widgets (not plus)
    Every one of them depends on UniAW 6.4 or 7.1, everyone shows no widgetweather.xml
    Even uninstalled WW and installed the SDDev deb. file 1.15-33 from January 2014, no luck...
    So waiting for a new update but untill that time may anyone post a widgetweather.xml file from their device so I place it manually to the Documents path, maybe it will work?
    There are several places around the world, especially in the Middle East where Widget Weather doesn't seem to get an updatetimestring. That will make all your widgets fail.

    Take a look in your widgetweather.xml and look for this.
    Code:
    <updatetimestring>
    If there's no date value in there.. and all you see is
    Code:
    </updatetimestring>
    .. then that's the reason why your widgets aren't working. And it unfortunately isn't WidgetWeather's fault.. It's one of two things:
    1) You have the tweak, "Forecast", installed - which isn't compatible with WidgetWeather.. Uninstall it.
    2) , or, weather.com doesn't report updatetimestring for your area of the world.

    There's nothing we can do to fix #2 except give you a workaround - which I can share with you. But check your own widgetweather.xml file and see if the updatetimestring is empty.. and report back..

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    kristatos (2015-04-13), lostinthemes (2015-04-13)

  11. #1048
    I'm addicted to jailbreak lostinthemes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    7,098
    Thanked 478 Times in 228 Posts

    Thank you kristatos, I'll try this one...
    Thank you NewD, the problem is that there is no widgetweather.xml file created in my device, if I succeed to create it I'll look araound for your suggestions if it doesnt work...

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthemes For This Useful Post:

    kristatos (2015-04-13)

  13. #1049
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    Thank you kristatos, I'll try this one...
    Thank you NewD, the problem is that there is no widgetweather.xml file created in my device, if I succeed to create it I'll look araound for your suggestions if it doesnt work...
    Oh - okay.. No xml file at all.. Do you have the permissions for var/mobile/Documents set to Read, Write, Execute for User, Group and World?

  14. #1050

  15. #1051
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    Yes sir
    Wild. We haven't had any reports of no xml file since the newest version of WW2.. Weird oh weird. You're not running the tweak Forecast? Or any other weather related tweak?

  16. #1052
    I'm addicted to jailbreak lostinthemes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    7,098
    Thanked 478 Times in 228 Posts

    No nothing running really interesting

  17. #1053
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Default Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    No nothing running really interesting
    Did you try hitting the Force Refresh button in WW2 Settings pane?

  18. #1054
    I'm addicted to jailbreak lostinthemes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    7,098
    Thanked 478 Times in 228 Posts

    Stupidity is very dangerous...
    Trying to install WW instead of WW2 for a week...
    Now everything is okay, thanks for your help friend

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lostinthemes For This Useful Post:

    kristatos (2015-04-15), NewD (2015-04-15)

  20. #1055
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    Stupidity is very dangerous...
    Trying to install WW instead of WW2 for a week...
    Now everything is okay, thanks for your help friend
    OH! Lol.. Yeah.. WW1 won't work on iOS 8.. .. Glad you're ok now!

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    lostinthemes (2015-04-15)

  22. #1056
    I know WW2 is getting it's data from weather.com.
    Would it be possible to to change the url to the country's "subdomain", if available?
    I mean instead of having weather.com here in the UK to get the info from uk.weather.com. Or if you are in Germany it would be de.weather.com, in France it would be fr.weather.com etc.
    Examples for New York
    uk.weather.com
    de.weather.com
    fr.weather.com

    Please note that also the translation is already done!
    Last edited by rasputin007; 2015-04-17 at 11:36 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

  23. #1057
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Ras,
    Does uk.weather.com get your village right?

  24. #1058
    Yes it does, so does de.weather.com and fr.weather.com if I use my latitude and longitude.
    I can not try weather.com as Chrome & Safari automatically switch to uk.weather.com.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

  25. #1059
    aaaa man i got huge problem i can't theme banner icon of this tweak,can anyone help?
    thanx in advance

  26. #1060
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,708
    Thanks
    8,334
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I know WW2 is getting it's data from weather.com.
    Would it be possible to to change the url to the country's "subdomain", if available?
    I mean instead of having weather.com here in the UK to get the info from uk.weather.com. Or if you are in Germany it would be de.weather.com, in France it would be fr.weather.com etc.
    Examples for New York
    uk.weather.com
    de.weather.com
    fr.weather.com

    Please note that also the translation is already done!
    None of them have a published API that I can find. Only weather.com itself has an API.

Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •