Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1621

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    If you are going to run any widget with GL+ you need to install and enable the insomnia tweak. Otherwise when the phone goes to sleep when not plugged in GL+ will shut down causing it to look and act frozen. One of the cons of using GL+.
    The original GL didn't appear to do this. Neither did LockHTML4. Is this just something that happens with GL+?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Simon beat me to it on having to download the Insomnia tweak to prevent the weird freezing behavior on the lock screen.

If you want the lock screen widget to blur when you get notifications you can run regular convergence (not the light mode) on top of GL+ by creating an empty folder named empty.theme in the LH4 folder in mobile/Library - and then choosing that theme in full Convergence and letting GL plus and Convergence (full mode) run at the same time. That's what I do to retain the blur on the lock screen running GL+.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-04-10)

Thanks

Default Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4dy View Post
    The original GL didn't appear to do this. Neither did LockHTML4. Is this just something that happens with GL+?
    Yes. The insomnia tweak is a workaround until the developer of the tweak can fix that bug - if it's fixable. It's really an Apple bug in their WK Webbview, which is the engine GL+ uses to prevent the respringing problems in the presence of animation in iOS 8.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-04-08 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Yes. Only with GL+. No resprings but has a couple of its own flaws. Insomnia will fix that issue, but could cause battery drain. And no blurred screen (yet) with GL+.

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    Simon beat me to it on having to download the Insomnia tweak to prevent the weird freezing behavior on the lock screen.

If you want the lock screen widget to blur when you get notifications you can run regular convergence (not the light mode) on top of GL+ by creating an empty folder named empty.theme in the LH4 folder in mobile/Library - and then choosing that theme in full Convergence and letting GL plus and Convergence (full mode) run at the same time. That's what I do to retain the blur on the lock screen running GL+.
    LH4 folder? I don't see that. Do you guys notice a significant battery drain using the insomnia tweak? I've heard of it, but never really needed it (until now). I also uninstalled Convergance after Padgoi and I began discussing it earlier. I'll reinstall it, I suppose.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are going to run any widget with GL+ you need to install and enable the insomnia tweak. Otherwise when the phone goes to sleep when not plugged in GL+ will shut down causing it to look and act frozen. One of the cons of using GL+.
    Not entirely accurate as Insomnia has been known to cause issues with the 6+.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-04-10)

Thanks

LH4 folder? I don't see that. Do you guys notice a significant battery drain using the insomnia tweak? I've heard of it, but never really needed it (until now). I also uninstalled Convergance after Padgoi and I began discussing it earlier. I'll reinstall it, I suppose.
    On iPhone 6, Insomnia adds only about 2% additional drain per day on my iPhone 6 with my set of tweaks and widgets. Very minor for the needed fix it adds to GL+.

Look in var/mobile/Library for the folder called LockHTML. That's what I meant to say..

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    On iPhone 6, Insomnia adds only about 2% additional drain per day on my iPhone 6 with my set of tweaks and widgets. Very minor for the needed fix it adds to GL+.

Look in var/mobile/Library for the folder called LockHTML. That's what I meant to say..
    I started to assume you meant LockHTML4, but since we've been talking about and using GL+, I wasn't sure if putting anything in LH4 folder would make a difference.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Not entirely accurate as Insomnia has been known to cause issues with the 6+.
    I never mentioned whether insomnia can or cannot cause issues itself (other than the battery issue in my later post). Just stated it is needed if you want your LS to not freeze while using GL+.

I created the empty.theme folder in the LockHTML folder. I've resprung and cannot see the theme choice in Convergance.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

I never mentioned whether insomnia can or cannot cause issues itself (other than the battery issue in my later post). Just stated it is needed if you want your LS to not freeze while using GL+.
    Indeed, I was simply providing the cons of using the tweak, dear lad.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

Simon (2015-04-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    Indeed, I was simply providing the cons of using the tweak, dear lad.
    True, true. Never had any issues with it myself other than battery drain on my i6 but I know King and a few others experienced some bugs and odd occurrences with it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Padgoi (2015-04-08)

Thanks

I created the empty.theme folder in the LockHTML folder. I've resprung and cannot see the theme choice in Convergance.
    in Convergence click on Background (not Theme) Then in the next window click "Use HTML LockScreen" In that next window it should look like this and you should see your empty theme.

Don't forget to pull the Blur slider to the right to set the level of blur you want.

And under the Advanced Tab click on
    Fade under Notifications.

Last edited by NewD; 2015-04-08 at 11:29 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-04-09), kristatos (2015-04-09), lostinthemes (2015-04-09)

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been running insomnia since I started using the GL+ on my 6+ and have had no issues besides the battery draining a little faster.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-04-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    I have been running insomnia since I started using the GL+ on my 6+ and have had no issues besides the battery draining a little faster.
    Interesting.. On a 6+? So many of the 6+ owners here said it was unusable for them on 6+.. Glad to hear you've had a good experience. I've had it on my 6 since I first heard about it with zero issues too..

Greetings all. Haven't been around for a bit (as usual). The work the usual suspects have done to minimize random resprings is truly impressive. Although things have greatly improved, the respring issue continues to rear it's ugly head every now and then (as I'm sure everyone can attest to). I have been doing some testing for about a month and a half to try to get the best possible combination of tweaks with the greatest stability. This has involved various combinations of removing/running tweaks, widgets, lockscreens, etc. The last testing regimen I've been performing has been rock solid for the last 18 days. Not a single respring. Unfortunately, this stability can only be arrived at by uninstalling Widget Weather. It seems (for me anyway) that just having Widget Weather installed (without any widgets/lockscreens running, mind you) will eventually produce a respring. Since many widgets/lockscreens rely on Widget Weather to keep real time weather information current, it is obviously disappointing.

Not being a code guru, I don't know, exactly, how Widget Weather works. I know it pulls weather data from the source then creates an XML which the widgets/lockscreens read to obtain/display the weather data, but beyond that I don't have a clue. It seems to me I remember reading somewhere where the read/writes to the 'Documents' folder might be the source of the resprings (I can't find where I read that now). If this is the case, how does the stock weather app obtain the data? How do all the weather apps in the App Store that have NC widgets obtain the data? Is there a way to modify the HTML widgets to glean this information from wherever these App Store (and the stock) weather apps store it (if they even store it)?

If we use the same data cache file that the stock weather app uses, the only way to update the data is to open the stock weather app. There will no more GPS option either we had a method of doing this in the past and it was called NativeWeather or something like that. Trust me, it was horribly frustrating.

I would love to fix any bug like this, but I've only had about 6 claims to this effect out of about 20,000 users. I've also not had any type of syslog or crash report to point me in the right direction. I will run it past the team again, but I'm just at a loss on how to correct it.

What html players do you have installed during these resprings? GL, Convergance, LHTML 4...
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2015-04-10 at 02:52 AM.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    What html players do you have installed during these resprings? GL, Convergance, LHTML 4...
    All (except Convergence, which I don't have) produce resprings. GL+ is the most stable (I have gone almost 4 days without a respring with GL+). Incidentally, a couple of hours after I posted my earlier comments, I had my first respring (in 18 days) even though Widget Weather is not installed... so there goes that theory. Maybe it's an issue with iOS 8.1.2, the TaiG jailbreak, or the fact it's an iPhone 6 plus. I just don't know.

I'm addicted to jailbreak lostinthemes's Avatar
    Thanks

What was the path in iFile to reach Read Write Execute?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
    All (except Convergence, which I don't have) produce resprings. GL+ is the most stable (I have gone almost 4 days without a respring with GL+). Incidentally, a couple of hours after I posted my earlier comments, I had my first respring (in 18 days) even though Widget Weather is not installed... so there goes that theory. Maybe it's an issue with iOS 8.1.2, the TaiG jailbreak, or the fact it's an iPhone 6 plus. I just don't know.
    I was pretty sure it had nothing to do with WW2.. Try going into the Winterboard theme(s) you're running and disabling any info.plists by renaming them to info1.plist.. then Respring from within Winterboard. I'll bet that gets rid of any remaining auto resprings for you. It did for me.

Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast