Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1621

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved

My iPhone is a Part of Me Padgoi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4dy View Post
    It seems to have animations, as in when you press "Current", "Hourly", "Daily"...there seems to been a slide down or expand down animation. But, I'm running WW2.0_WidgetWeather_Base with LockHTML4. Before this, I was using the stock LS with Forecast. That's it.

And King, I was using the base LS (with Forecast only) and no, sir. I'm not running an animated SB HTML. Don't care for those all that much. They're pretty, but not useful for me.
    Try running the WW Base with GL+. Should solve your problem.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-04-08)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    The animation that we are referring to is more like clouds drifting, falling rain, hot air balloons floating etc.

Let me post this in my alpha forum and see what the team says.
    Ooh, I see. That makes sense. And thank you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gr4dy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-04-08)

Quote Originally Posted by Padgoi View Post
    I was going to suggest that, but I hate to keep pointing to LHTML4 as the problem.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

It seems to have animations, as in when you press "Current", "Hourly", "Daily"...there seems to been a slide down or expand down animation. But, I'm running WW2.0_WidgetWeather_Base with LockHTML4. Before this, I was using the stock LS with Forecast. That's it.

And King, I was using the base LS (with Forecast only) and no, sir. I'm not running an animated SB HTML. Don't care for those all that much. They're pretty, but not useful for me.
    LockHTML4 and Convergence will not be able to run LS animated widgets free of resprings in iOS8. UIWebView, the engine used by LH4 and Convergence and GroovyLock (original) is no longer hearty enough in iOS8 to handle them. Are you on an iPhone 6 or 6+? It's especially a problem on the 6+.. Go to here... and read about how to download GroovyLock+ and then in the config.js of WidgetWeather_Base you can simply set the GroovyPlus switch to true and the resprings should go away.

Go here and read post #1 and follow instructions to the letter.. Though you won't need to download UniAW unless you want to.

Follow post #1 here..
    iOS8 Respringing workaround Strategies

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Boots (2015-04-10), King_O_Hill (2015-04-08)

GroovyLock+? I have GroovyLock, but not sure if it's plus. Is that a separate tweak in a different repo?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gr4dy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-04-08)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I was going to suggest that, but I hate to keep pointing to LHTML4 as the problem.
    Always rely on Grant to do the dirty work.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-04-08)

Thanks

GroovyLock+? I have GroovyLock, but not sure if it's plus. Is that a separate tweak in a different repo?
    Yes.

http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/8...ml#post7190253

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Padgoi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-04-08)

Quote Originally Posted by NewD View Post
    LockHTML4 and Convergence will not be able to run LS animated widgets free of resprings in iOS8. UIWebView, the engine used by LH4 and Convergence and GroovyLock (original) is no longer hearty enough in iOS8 to handle them. Are you on an iPhone 6 or 6+? It's especially a problem on the 6+.. Go to here... and read about how to download GroovyLock+ and then in the config.js of WidgetWeather_Base you can simply set the GroovyPlus switch to true and the resprings should go away.

Go here and read post #1 and follow instructions to the letter.. Though you won't need to download UniAW unless you want to.

Follow post #1 here..
    iOS8 Respringing workaround Strategies
    I am on an iPhone 6. Thanks, I'll check it out right now and report back.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gr4dy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2015-04-08)

Okay, followed every step (except downloading UniAW) and it works (of course). One thing that's happened though, about 2 minutes after making these changes: is that my LS now hangs or freezes. I can't swipe to my unlock keypad or select any of the "Hourly", "Daily", etc menus. It just sits there when I tap them. Even turning the screen off now takes several attempts of hitting the power button on the side.

Quick edit: It appears this behavior is not consistent. Set my phone down since my last post, tried it again and now I'm able to use it properly.
    Last edited by Gr4dy; 2015-04-08 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks

Do you have Convergance installed?

Do you have Convergance installed?
    It is installed but not active and has not been since initially using WW2.0. Actually, I haven't even enabled it in months.

Also, (sorry to keep adding to this), but I'm noticing that when I get notifications on my LS (text, iMessage, email), there's now no blur in the background and the notifications are overlayed over the top of WW.

Thanks

My notifications don't blur the background either. I don't really want them to. I don't think GL+ has an option to blur the background when you receive a notification.

As for the freezing of WW Base, either enable Convergance and only use the Lite version or delete it entirely. I remember I had an issue with the WW Base not functioning properly either, but I don't use it anymore. I believe using the Lite function of Convergance fixed that.

My notifications don't blur the background either. I don't really want them to. I don't think GL+ has an option to blur the background when you receive a notification.

As for the freezing of WW Base, either enable Convergance and only use the Lite version or delete it entirely. I remember I had an issue with the WW Base not functioning properly either, but I don't use it anymore. I believe using the Lite function of Convergance fixed that.
    You don't use Convergance anymore or WW?

And this was one of the reasons I went to using WW2.0 with LockHTML4, because it blurred the background when I got a notification, like the stock iOS does. For me, especially using WW, my notifications are all jumbled over the text of WW and I can't read anything.

Also, turned my phone on again and it's frozen at the WW screen where tapping on the menus does nothing and I can't swipe.

Edit: Noticing that the inability to swipe comes when I try to tap any of the WW menus. It's like it hangs up the LS.
    Last edited by Gr4dy; 2015-04-08 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks

Also, turned my phone on again and it's frozen at the WW screen where tapping on the menus does nothing and I can't swipe.

Edit: Noticing that the inability to swipe comes when I try to tap any of the WW menus. It's like it hangs up the LS.
    Yes, I got that too with the WW Base. I currently use Convergance Lite mode and GL+ with no issues, but I haven't use the WW Base in forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you are going to run any widget with GL+ you need to install and enable the insomnia tweak. Otherwise when the phone goes to sleep when not plugged in GL+ will shut down causing it to look and act frozen. One of the cons of using GL+.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Simon, sorry to bother you again. Since installing WW 2.0, I've been having random resprings. I installed it yesterday afternoon and have had around 6 resprings since then (in about 12 hours) WW is the only tweak I've installed in weeks. Crashreporter doesn't recognize a crash, but nothing on my phone has changed except installing this widget.

Any thoughts? What more do you need in helping to figure this out?

Thank you again!
    You aren't running any other kind of html are you? I saw you said no to sbhtml but what about iwidgets?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You aren't running any other kind of html are you? I saw you said no to sbhtml but what about iwidgets?
    The resprings have gone away, with the assistance of NewD and King earlier this morning by uninstalling GL and installing GL+. But the issues I've posted about thereafter (the ones Padgoi and I have been discussing) are still happening. I have many iWidgets installed but none are currently on my screens.

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast