Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1621

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved

  1. #261
    Looks like next beta could be very soon. Dacal actually installed the barest beta without complaining that it wouldn't create a populated xml file. I think all he did was reboot and bang! So I think we're just down to some very minor bug changes.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (2014-11-27), RKO1195 (2014-11-27), thewaytozion (2014-11-26)

  3. #262
    Livin the iPhone Life Natty12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    bradford, uk
    Posts
    1,182
    Thanks
    506
    Thanked 471 Times in 298 Posts

    hi may i ask how i get this to work? gps is set to 1m and best, -imageuploadedbymodmyi1417036528.237989.jpg-imageuploadedbymodmyi1417036546.925106.jpg
    the dafault lockscreen shows no weather info. thanks

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Natty12 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-27)

  5. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    I have been using your app Ian. Thank you
    Is that another respring like the one we can make with QuickQctivator from CC?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to TiLT1oNE For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-27)

  7. #264
    Livin the iPhone Life Mary48336's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farmington, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanks
    20,476
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,148 Posts

    iPad Air 2 8.1, thank you so much for all the work that has been put into this!! I'm using as my lockscreen

    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1417052800.932924.jpg
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1417052816.341704.jpg
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1417052833.081921.jpg

    I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, at least those who celebrate, the rest just have an awesome day!

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mary48336 For This Useful Post:

    Boots (2014-11-27), chevymusclecar (2014-11-27), Dacal (2014-11-27), King_O_Hill (2014-11-27), menard_00 (2014-11-27)

  9. #265
    Default Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Respring, you can test my app LOL..

    It's like I said to Dacal via email, if you use "Significant change" it means the location will not update till you have traveled 500 meters, this is perfectly adequate for weather, but if you want to use it for your address, it's possible when you are traveling home the location updates 400 meters before you reach your door, 400 meters is no issue for weather but for address it's a mile away.
    Thats why I also suggested to Dacal that the "Refresh" switch be changed for a big button "Refresh Location Now", so when you reach your door, if the address is out then hit the big button, I'm not sure why SD made it a switch, and also not sure why people are being advised to wait 30 seconds after flipping the switch.

    So for b54 why not add a humongously big bright red button, the first thing you see when you open the WW preferences. LOL... Seriously though, a button is the correct way, press it and exit while it does it's stuff, no waiting!
    What about a flipswitch button, just pull up CC and hit the button? Fast and efficient.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesus™ For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-27), menard_00 (2014-11-27)

  11. #266
    My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    918
    Thanks
    689
    Thanked 758 Times in 397 Posts

    Hello, is the beta 24 getting released in the forum or just being tested right now. Thanks.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-27)

  13. #267
    Ha, we're already up to 28 or 29. So far, so good. We are working towards another public beta hopefully within the next day or so. I hate to keep throwing dates out there, but we have made huge progress and I don't want to stop the momentum just yet with a public beta. So we need to test internally for about 24 hours prior to dropping it for the public, but we haven't even gone 12 hours without a new beta.

    I do feel that we are extremely close though!

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (2014-11-27), Hip5 (2014-11-27), lostinthemes (2014-11-27), menard_00 (2014-11-27), orangefreddie (2014-11-27), Poolman1 (2014-11-27), signori (2014-11-27)

  15. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus™ View Post
    What about a flipswitch button, just pull up CC and hit the button? Fast and efficient.

    I'm not saying anything more about anything, seems KOH it taking my reports as "complaining" when I'm actually doing what a beta tester is suppose to do, report my finding and forward my suggestions, if he don't like it when people report what issues they have then he shouldn't have released a beta. Most people would just install over the top of the old beta but I wanted to test it for him so first deleted all files manually to be sure it worked as a clean instal.
    Getting a reply like "deal with it" is bull****. WTF?
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-27 at 06:47 AM.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-27)

  17. #269
    Ian, we've known each other a while now and I consider us friends. But man, you gotta lighten up a little! We're practically kin from the Scottish Isles!

    My "deal with it" comment only had to do with the difference between a button and a switch. If you would like to help code the button, then by all means bro I'm all in! When SD can get around to making a Preference bundle instead of just the loader we can do that, but he hasn't been able to get buttons or custom cells to work without a bundle tweak. maybe in 2.1

    I thought that you would get my joking, sorry to have frustrated you.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-27)

  19. #270
    Livin the iPhone Life Natty12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    bradford, uk
    Posts
    1,182
    Thanks
    506
    Thanked 471 Times in 298 Posts

    assistance in getting this to work would be great.. -imageuploadedbymodmyi1417071416.324304.jpg

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Natty12 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-27)

  21. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Ian, we've known each other a while now and I consider us friends. But man, you gotta lighten up a little! We're practically kin from the Scottish Isles!

    My "deal with it" comment only had to do with the difference between a button and a switch. If you would like to help code the button, then by all means bro I'm all in! When SD can get around to making a Preference bundle instead of just the loader we can do that, but he hasn't been able to get buttons or custom cells to work without a bundle tweak. maybe in 2.1

    I thought that you would get my joking, sorry to have frustrated you.
    Sometimes I can't tell if your joking or not. :roll eyes: & then your comment in post 261.

    Anyway.. moving on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Natty12 View Post
    assistance in getting this to work would be great.. -imageuploadedbymodmyi1417071416.324304.jpg
    Best wait for next public beta release, if your desperate, first try rebuilding AppList from Pangu, make sure :Location Update" in WW settings is set to GPS, check if Widget Weather is in "Privicy/Location Services" on your phone, toggle the switches in Widget Weather setting on/off, respring, if al that doesn't work you might have to do what I had to: uninstall Cydia substrates (which will also delete most tweaks) re-install all things again.
    But I think the next public beta will be soon.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-27 at 08:38 AM.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    Dacal (2014-11-27), King_O_Hill (2014-11-27), kristatos (2014-11-27), Natty12 (2014-11-27)

  23. #272
    Hi Ian. All things u have said, all your requests, have been take in count. I assure you


    My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

  24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-27), Boots (2014-11-27), chevymusclecar (2014-11-27), King_O_Hill (2014-11-27), kristatos (2014-11-27), lostinthemes (2014-11-27), NewD (2014-11-27)

  25. #273
    Yes, Dacal knows me well enough that I kid him!

    I would never intentionally insult you in a public forum. If I had an issue, I would surely message you privately.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-27), chevymusclecar (2014-11-27), signori (2014-11-27)

  27. #274
    Livin the iPhone Life Natty12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    bradford, uk
    Posts
    1,182
    Thanks
    506
    Thanked 471 Times in 298 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Sometimes I can't tell if your joking or not. :roll eyes: & then your comment in post 261.

    Anyway.. moving on.



    Best wait for next public beta release, if your desperate, first try rebuilding AppList from Pangu, make sure :Location Update" in WW settings is set to GPS, check if Widget Weather is in "Privicy/Location Services" on your phone, toggle the switches in Widget Weather setting on/off, respring, if al that doesn't work you might have to do what I had to: uninstall Cydia substrates (which will also delete most tweaks) re-install all things again.
    But I think the next public beta will be soon.
    thanks ian it worked how do i get it to show my street location instead of city? and should i have write raw data on? -imageuploadedbymodmyi1417081629.470795.jpg

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Natty12 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-27)

  29. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty12 View Post
    thanks ian it worked how do i get it to show my street location instead of city? and should i have write raw data on? -imageuploadedbymodmyi1417081629.470795.jpg
    I don't think you need raw data on, not sure what this option is for.

    As for your location: It's not very obvious but if you tap above the "Current Condition" tab i.e where your coordinates & date are you should see your address.

    If it's not correct, try changing the settings in WW2.0 to:

    GPS Mode: Standard
    GPS Distance Filter: 1M
    GPS Desired Accuracy: Best.

    But this might have effect on your battery (Standard Mode) so just play till you find your best setting, but for accurate street address while moving you need to use "Standard Mode". Using "Significant Change" has same accuracy as Standard mode but if your home you might need to force refresh to get your exact location, Significant Change method will update your location only after you have traveled 500 meters.

    After you change settings in WW, you should flip the "Force Refresh" switch (in the "Extra Settings") to force an update with your new settings.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-27 at 12:52 PM.

  30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    Dacal (2014-11-27), Hip5 (2014-11-27), King_O_Hill (2014-11-27), kristatos (2014-11-27), Natty12 (2014-11-27), P0R7ER (2014-11-28), Poolman1 (2014-11-27)

  31. #276
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,337
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Default Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    ......but for accurate street address while moving you need to use "Standard Mode". Using "Significant Change" has same accuracy as Standard mode but if your home you might need to force refresh to get your exact location, Significant Change method will update your location only after you have traveled 500 meters.
    Nice explanation, sir! This is one of the major distinctions between WW1and WW2… I would always get home with WW1… And then have to respring my phone for any of my location widgets to show my exact address. Now in WW2, which uses the standard GPS mode when switched on, within the update refresh timer window of my widget (which for all things UniAW you and Dacal coded for 20 seconds) my widgets update to my exact address within that timeframe.

  32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-27), chevymusclecar (2014-11-27), King_O_Hill (2014-11-27), lostinthemes (2014-11-28), menard_00 (2014-11-27), SHARON1O (2014-11-27)

  33. #277
    Livin the iPhone Life Natty12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    bradford, uk
    Posts
    1,182
    Thanks
    506
    Thanked 471 Times in 298 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    I don't think you need raw data on, not sure what this option is for.

    As for your location: It's not very obvious but if you tap above the "Current Condition" tab i.e where your coordinates & date are you should see your address.

    If it's not correct, try changing the settings in WW2.0 to:

    GPS Mode: Standard
    GPS Distance Filter: 1M
    GPS Desired Accuracy: Best.

    But this might have effect on your battery (Standard Mode) so just play till you find your best setting, but for accurate street address while moving you need to use "Standard Mode". Using "Significant Change" has same accuracy as Standard mode but if your home you might need to force refresh to get your exact location, Significant Change method will update your location only after you have traveled 500 meters.

    After you change settings in WW, you should flip the "Force Refresh" switch (in the "Extra Settings") to force an update with your new settings.
    thank you ian all sorted thanks for the detailed exlanation

    sorry guys one more question, how do i turn this off so it doesnt drain battery? tia
    Last edited by Natty12; 2014-11-27 at 03:31 PM.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natty12 For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-27), King_O_Hill (2014-11-27)

  35. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty12 View Post
    thank you ian all sorted thanks for the detailed exlanation

    sorry guys one more question, how do i turn this off so it doesnt drain battery? tia
    My apologies, the switch for "Significant change" doesn't exits yet on public beta, my answer will make more sense when next beta is released.

    As for turning off WW, don't thing you can, maybe KOH, Dacal can NewD will correct me on this. Would be a good option to add though "enable/disable".

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (2014-11-27), King_O_Hill (2014-11-27), kristatos (2014-11-27), Natty12 (2014-11-27)

  37. #279
    Livin the iPhone Life Natty12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    bradford, uk
    Posts
    1,182
    Thanks
    506
    Thanked 471 Times in 298 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    My apologies, the switch for "Significant change" doesn't exits yet on public beta, my answer will make more sense when next beta is released.

    As for turning off WW, don't thing you can, maybe KOH, Dacal can NewD will correct me on this. Would be a good option to add though "enable/disable".
    ok thanks, its just that the arrow is on permanantly even if i toggle everything off in the tweak, was mot there before i used installed it.. hopefully an addition to public release

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natty12 For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (2014-11-27), King_O_Hill (2014-11-27)

  39. #280
    Livin' the Dream Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,825
    Thanks
    4,960
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

    You can set it to fix and put your longitude and latitude coordinates in the settings and that will eliminate the location services always being on.

  40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-27), chevymusclecar (2014-11-27), Dacal (2014-11-27), King_O_Hill (2014-11-27), kristatos (2014-11-27), menard_00 (2014-11-27), Natty12 (2014-11-27), RKO1195 (2014-11-28)

Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •