Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1621

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    The setting makes the location list the city and/or neighborhood. Whatever setting you choose. Neighborhood is more precise
    still not working for me, location does not appear whether i choose neighborhood or city. :-(

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to adioph For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-25)

  3. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Gotch'yerself some bad info there, m8! .. Only on 6+ are there stability issues. 5/5S are rock stable on 8.1, bro.. Time to upgrade before window closes.
    And the bad memory leak in WebKit?

    So you are saying I can have full animations (birds included) on LS, same on iWidget and a TimedWallsOnly running in SBHTML with zero issues from the Webkit leak? same like I have on IOS7.

    This is why sometimes your posts annoy my so much and the reason I left GCB, you always seem to assume you know everything and many of our less experienced comrades here listen & believe you. You should really start trying not to be so sure of yourself.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-25 at 04:57 AM.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    dmick89 (2014-11-25), King_O_Hill (2014-11-25), Krima (2014-11-25), WhatDoIknow (2014-11-25)

  5. #203
    Livin' the Dream Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,825
    Thanks
    4,960
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

    Default Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved
    I get your point Ian but I wish u would have just spoken up in the forum. I would have bitched slap NewD to a level that u could be onboard with.

    It's new and we are still trying to find the right pace and tone. It's getting better. You should have stayed, or at the very least, given people an opportunity to change by expressing your point of view.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-11-25 at 05:15 AM.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-25), King_O_Hill (2014-11-25), RKO1195 (2014-11-25)

  7. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I get your point Ian but I wish u would have just spoken up in the forum. I would have bitched slap NewD to a level that u could be onboard with.

    It's new and we are still trying to find the right pace and tone. It's getting better. You should have stayed, or at the very least, given people an opportunity to change by expressing your point of view.
    Wouldn't have made any difference, it's clear to me that some people never change, no matter what version they are.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-25), Krima (2014-11-25)

  9. #205
    Livin' the Dream Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,825
    Thanks
    4,960
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Wouldn't have made any difference, it's clear to me that some people never change, no matter what version they are.
    I understand, I really do. I was more speaking for myself. It was nice having you there. I appreciate your time Ian.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-25), King_O_Hill (2014-11-25)

  11. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by bliken View Post
    The setting makes the location list the city and/or neighborhood. Whatever setting you choose. Neighborhood is more precise
    still not working for me, location does not appear whether i choose neighborhood or city. :-(

  12. #207
    So bit the bullet, upgraded to 8.1 & jailbroke (both phones).

    Now I cannot get WW2.0 to show any data, the reason is it isn't even trying to get my location, it doesn't show up in Location services, it didn't ask permission to use Location services, no icon for gps on statusbar.
    I re-installed it 3 times, still no go, it does hover make the .xml file and Brian, it IS formatted, the one we saw yesterday in the UniAW board must have been the user fault in the way he just copied the info.
    Any idea's, maybe I missed something silly!
    XML file attached here.
    Location services are on.
    Folder permissions are ok as it writes the file.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-11-25 at 10:33 AM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-25)

  14. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    This is why sometimes your posts annoy my so much and the reason I left GCB, you always seem to assume you know everything and many of our less experienced comrades here listen & believe you. You should really start trying not to be so sure of yourself.
    I have to agree with Ian, sadly, but you more then often phrase your opinion (to which you are absolutely entitled) in form of an absolute statement. We, who know you long enough, know that we have to take that with a pinch of salt, but "inexperienced" readers take that as a full face value fact.
    Remember, at the beginning of this year, you blamed cydget for crashing iOS 7 and blasted that "fact" all over the forum. Eventually, later, you actually admitted that it was not cydget's fault somewhere (thought that was very big of you!), but by then the damage was done. You successfully put everybody off cydget, with some help from other people's personal dislike (e.g. too slow).
    It is true that there are other tweaks for the LS, but considering that cydget has been created by Saurik, who off all should know this subject best, is good enough for me. I have the up-most respect for Jake & Co for their coding abilities, but yet I don't quite believe they are at the same level as Saurik - please note personal opinion, not universal fact!
    June has more then once shown how powerful cydget can be with cycript, the potential is huge, but yet it gets dismissed as a serious LS candidate at MMi. Not quite sure if that's because of personal dislike or the inability to get the grips with the code.
    As I said way back then, I believe that cydget is THE LS platform and that's why I left MMi. No point in sharing work nobody wants to know about.
    While I am ranting, I also would like to point out that another "MMi pet hate", the use of databases in themes/iwidgets, is much closer to the iOS structure then you think. Stroll through the iOS file system and you find that almost everything is organized in databases, from music over email acoounts, GPS location logging to photos. Apart from being an integral part of iOS, database use lets you use graphical setups (change config.js files without editing code!), you even can design your theme on your computer, copy the resulting database onto your iPhone and you got your theme the way you want without a single line of code editing.
    But then that's just me and what do I know.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhatDoIknow For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-25), King_O_Hill (2014-11-25), Krima (2014-11-25), michaelrw (2015-01-06)

  16. #209
    I'm addicted to jailbreak lostinthemes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    596
    Thanks
    7,098
    Thanked 478 Times in 228 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoIknow View Post
    I have to agree with Ian, sadly, but you more then often phrase your opinion (to which you are absolutely entitled) in form of an absolute statement. We, who know you long enough, know that we have to take that with a pinch of salt, but "inexperienced" readers take that as a full face value fact.
    Remember, at the beginning of this year, you blamed cydget for crashing iOS 7 and blasted that "fact" all over the forum. Eventually, later, you actually admitted that it was not cydget's fault somewhere (thought that was very big of you!), but by then the damage was done. You successfully put everybody off cydget, with some help from other people's personal dislike (e.g. too slow).
    It is true that there are other tweaks for the LS, but considering that cydget has been created by Saurik, who off all should know this subject best, is good enough for me. I have the up-most respect for Jake & Co for their coding abilities, but yet I don't quite believe they are at the same level as Saurik - please note personal opinion, not universal fact!
    June has more then once shown how powerful cydget can be with cycript, the potential is huge, but yet it gets dismissed as a serious LS candidate at MMi. Not quite sure if that's because of personal dislike or the inability to get the grips with the code.
    As I said way back then, I believe that cydget is THE LS platform and that's why I left MMi. No point in sharing work nobody wants to know about.
    While I am ranting, I also would like to point out that another "MMi pet hate", the use of databases in themes/iwidgets, is much closer to the iOS structure then you think. Stroll through the iOS file system and you find that almost everything is organized in databases, from music over email acoounts, GPS location logging to photos. Apart from being an integral part of iOS, database use lets you use graphical setups (change config.js files without editing code!), you even can design your theme on your computer, copy the resulting database onto your iPhone and you got your theme the way you want without a single line of code editing.
    But then that's just me and what do I know.
    Many thanks hits for the second part...

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to lostinthemes For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-25)

  18. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    So bit the bullet, upgraded to 8.1 & jailbroke (both phones).

    Now I cannot get WW2.0 to show any data, the reason is it isn't even trying to get my location, it doesn't show up in Location services, it didn't ask permission to use Location services, no icon for gps on statusbar.
    I re-installed it 3 times, still no go, it does hover make the .xml file and Brian, it IS formatted, the one we saw yesterday in the UniAW board must have been the user fault in the way he just copied the info.
    Any idea's, maybe I missed something silly!
    XML file attached here.
    Location services are on.
    Folder permissions are ok as it writes the file.
    Thanks.
    I was having a very similar problem, the only difference for me was that the xml was empty. I finally got it to work by uninstalling Cydia Substrate, and starting with WW2.0 and I widgets. I've reinstalled most of my tweaks again already with no conflicts. Not sure why it worked but it did.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesus™ For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-25), King_O_Hill (2014-11-25)

  20. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    So bit the bullet, upgraded to 8.1 & jailbroke (both phones).

    Now I cannot get WW2.0 to show any data, the reason is it isn't even trying to get my location, it doesn't show up in Location services, it didn't ask permission to use Location services, no icon for gps on statusbar.
    I re-installed it 3 times, still no go, it does hover make the .xml file and Brian, it IS formatted, the one we saw yesterday in the UniAW board must have been the user fault in the way he just copied the info.
    Any idea's, maybe I missed something silly!
    XML file attached here.
    Location services are on.
    Folder permissions are ok as it writes the file.
    Thanks.

    Hi Ian,

    Don't worry, it happens.

    First, remove all JSON and XML files in the Documents folder.
    Uninstall b17 (i send you a b18 in PM).
    Remove Widget Weather preference file in var/mobile/Library/Preferences.
    Be sure your Documents folder permissions are right ! (mobile/mobile, read/write/execute for all).
    Reboot your phone.
    Install the b18.
    Reboot your phone (again...)
    Configure WW : set to GPS, go in extra settings, set enable writing to false, and then to true. Set force refresh to true, wait 30 secondes and set it to false.
    Respring your phone.
    If it still doesn't work, open Pangu application and use the "Rebuil App List" (it will put WidgetWeather in Location Services).
    Reconfigure WW and respring.


    EDIT : just for you to know, the XML file you have posted is a file that is installed by default with WW, not a generated one. Old format. I advice SD to remove it as it seems to not solve the creation issue (and it confuse users : they think that it's working).

    After that, Ian, when it will work, don't forget to use the latest Convergance. Not sure it's the one on Matt's repo...

    I will send you a link (and i will send you the new base and the new UniAW7 RC6 : Stephen has done a change i have asked on XML, now the time are kept in their timezone : it breaks the base included in b17 and b18, the same as the one in b17).

    It's why i don't want to post b18 here.


    EDIT 2 : with b18, i must respring twice before my XML file is generated correctly (with b17, generaly only one time). After, if i don't reboot, all running perfectly fine. I have talked about that on the private board.
    Last edited by Dacal; 2014-11-25 at 01:38 PM.


    My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-25), Boots (2014-11-25), King_O_Hill (2014-11-25), lostinthemes (2014-11-26), Marty McFly (2014-11-25)

  22. #212
    Mi Deh Yah jawonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,029
    Thanks
    8,041
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

    I'm using the updated UniAW 7 Decal posted yesterday and using GPS method in WW but my lication is not changing . I've been to two different cities today and it didn't change from my home location even after a few resprings .
    Last edited by jawonder; 2014-11-25 at 02:00 PM.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to jawonder For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-25)

  24. #213
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,337
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Default Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved
    Nevermind...
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-11-25 at 03:23 PM.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-25), lostinthemes (2014-11-26)

  26. #214
    Mi Deh Yah jawonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boynton Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,029
    Thanks
    8,041
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

    Well i did some further testing and it seems it has to with UniAW 7 because i switched to Blue's UniAW 6.4 SB that comes with his Core theme and it's switching to the locations properly .

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to jawonder For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (2014-11-25)

  28. #215
    After a lot of trying (hours) I eventually got it working by doing what "Jesus" said, uninstall Cydia Substrates & re-Install. Now I got to do my other phone too as it has same issue.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    Dacal (2014-11-25), King_O_Hill (2014-11-25), lostinthemes (2014-11-26)

  30. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    Well i did some further testing and it seems it has to with UniAW 7 because i switched to Blue's UniAW 6.4 SB that comes with his Core theme and it's switching to the locations properly .
    I will look.

    EDIT : my fault. It will be OK in R6....
    Last edited by Dacal; 2014-11-25 at 04:12 PM.


    My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

  31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-25), chevymusclecar (2014-11-25), Darrenrooster (2014-11-25), dmick89 (2014-11-25), jawonder (2014-11-25), King_O_Hill (2014-11-25), lostinthemes (2014-11-26), menard_00 (2014-11-25), TaJr12 (2014-11-25), TiLT1oNE (2014-11-25)

  32. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    After a lot of trying (hours) I eventually got it working by doing what "Jesus" said, uninstall Cydia Substrates & re-Install. Now I got to do my other phone too as it has same issue.
    I feel you pain Ian, but I'm glad it helped.

  33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesus™ For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-25), King_O_Hill (2014-11-25), Marty McFly (2014-11-25), Mary48336 (2014-11-25)

  34. #218
    Code Dependent NewD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    5,709
    Thanks
    8,337
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    After a lot of trying (hours) I eventually got it working by doing what "Jesus" said, uninstall Cydia Substrates & re-Install. Now I got to do my other phone too as it has same issue.
    What a strange bug. We really should find what's causing this issue.

  35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-25), dmick89 (2014-11-25), lostinthemes (2014-11-26)

  36. #219
    WW2 with UniAW7, with GroovyLock and GroovyBoard are working now very well for me. iPhone6, 8.1.
    Thanks to all for your support and hard work.


  37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clem-Clone For This Useful Post:

    <Ian Nicoll/> (2014-11-25), Dacal (2014-11-25), King_O_Hill (2014-11-25), Marty McFly (2014-11-25), TaJr12 (2014-11-25)

  38. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem-Clone View Post
    WW2 with UniAW7, with GroovyLock and GroovyBoard are working now very well for me. iPhone6, 8.1.
    Thanks to all for your support and hard work.
    Brrrrr... Too cold!

  39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

    Dacal (2014-11-25), King_O_Hill (2014-11-25), Marty McFly (2014-11-25), Mary48336 (2014-11-25)

Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •