Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBHTML: SpringBoard HTML Wallpaper Platform

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Makes sense! I'm still a newbie to building tweax so cycript is way over my head! LOL!

I just go by trial and error!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Makes sense! I'm still a newbie to building tweax so cycript is way over my head! LOL!

I just go by trial and error!
    Trial and error is the best. Cycript makes that even easier.

I will explain how to use it in this post.

Go to cydia download cycript
    Open terminal either on mac or phone.
    type ssh [email protected]
    enter password
    enter cycript -p SpringBoard
    enter [[SBWallpaperController sharedInstance]_updateSharedWallpaper] or any other obj-c command.

Example will unlock your device when locked.

[^void(){[[SBLockScreenManager sharedInstance] _bioAuthenticated: 0]}
    performSelectorOnMainThread: @selector(invoke) withObject: nil waitUntilDone: NO]

Cydgets: A few cycripts
    http://cydgets.blogspot.com/p/searching-headers.html
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-06-21 at 07:20 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2014-06-21)

Thanks

Default SBHTML: SpringBoard HTML Wallpaper Platform
    Awesome, bro! I'll have to try it out! I'm just confused why it somehow worx w/ your computer but not in a tweak...

----------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry to post this here but I'm ashamed of what people are turning into...

https://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/838228-marbel-electric-longboard-allow-users-control-their-ride-ios-app.html
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-06-21 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks

I'm all worn out..,
    I've tried disabling MULTIPLE functions (close to 50) to fix the bug and I have failed!

I'm not sure what June is doing differently but hooking the functions he refers to gives an all black screen while still having the widget overlay the icons.

I even started looking at icon download headers to see if I could stop it there. No go...

I wonder, though, if June can make just this 'piece' from LBEvo into a separate tweak that'll fix the bug. That way we all don't have to install the whole program just for this solution!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-06-21 at 09:17 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2014-06-21)

I'm all worn out..,
    I've tried disabling MULTIPLE functions (close to 50) to fix the bug and I have failed!

I'm not sure what June is doing differently but hooking the functions he refers to gives an all black screen while still having the widget overlay the icons.

I even started looking at icon download headers to see if I could stop it there. No go...

I wonder, though, if June can make just this 'piece' from LBEvo into a separate tweak that'll fix the bug. That way we all don't have to install the whole program just for this solution!
    Not that big of a bug really. If it did come down to something I could implement, I would for LBEvo Springboard users. Which solely relies on SBHTML to work.

Seriously doubt that will happen. Needs to be fixed on the tweak side. Would be easier to view the actual source code. I know how he is implementing it, just not sure what he is hooking into.

Just though id poke around and see if I could come up with something he could easily add to the tweak. I'm sure if the solution was found he wouldn't take long to implement. I'll take another stab at it this evening.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2014-06-21), thazsar (2014-06-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

June, not sure if this helps - but MamaJaay found a step that triggers the bug in all phones..

If you don't already own it - get Springtomize 3. Go into Pages and move the slider for "Side Inset".. Return to Homescreen without a respring - and the WebView layer will be on top. Don't know if that will help you debug it.. But it's a trigger for the bug that makes it reproducible on all phones.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-06-21 at 12:36 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-06-21), thazsar (2014-06-21)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    June, not sure if this helps - but MamaJaay found a step that triggers the bug in all phones..

If you don't already own it - get Springtomize 3. Go into Pages and move the slider for "Side Inset".. Return to Homescreen without a respring - and the WebView layer will be on top. Don't know if that will help you debug it.. But it's a trigger for the bug that makes it reproducible on all phones.
    That is proper pain in the a*se bug! It happens if you make any changes in Springtomise. It also messes with Dock&Roll, which I would like to use. However, removing Springtomise means adding about 10 additional tweaks.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeilJClements View Post
    That is proper pain in the a*se bug! It happens if you make any changes in Springtomise. It also messes with Dock&Roll, which I would like to use. However, removing Springtomise means adding about 10 additional tweaks.
    Actually for me, it DOESN'T happen with ANY change in Springtomize 3. It never happened for me before I learned MamaJaay's trigger for only a couple items in the Pages section of S3. All other changes in S3 don't trigger the bug for me.

Thanks

Actually for me, it DOESN'T happen with ANY change in Springtomize 3. It never happened for me before I learned MamaJaay's trigger for only a couple items in the Pages section of S3. All other changes in S3 don't trigger the bug for me.
    What about the 'Purchased' apps trick that I pointed out? Does it do it w/ that on your device?

I don't use S3 cuz I 'feel' it adds instability to my phone. On my end, I can recreate the problem by doing that Purchased app trick (non-tweak related).
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-06-21 at 06:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,526 Times in 977 Posts

What about the 'Purchased' apps trick that I pointed out? Does it do it w/ that on your device?

I don't use S3 cuz I 'feel' it adds instability to my phone. On my end, I can recreate the problem by doing that Purchased app trick (non-tweak related).
    I disabled every other tweak that I thought interacted with the Sb, icons, etc...basically only left SBHTML active...went into the app store to the purchased screen to manually update an app and still got the bug....so...

Thanks

From the 'PURCHASED' app window in App Store.. Hmmm. Don't think I tried that angle... Wait... YUP!! Triggers it for me too!!.. It does NOT trigger the bug when I have Update in background on - or when I download a NEW app - as we were talking about earlier in thread.. I hadn't tried the 'purchased' window until just now.. So we have come more corroborating triggers.. Good.. That helps a dev figure things out.
    S3 has been rock stable for me with close to 30 other tweaks since March. The 'feel' you have is more likely from another tweak conflicting with 'S3'.. not 'S3' being the culprit. But the 'feel' thing you talk about has kept me away from Flipswitch and Auxo 2 as well. So I 'identify' with the feeling.. . What makes you 'feel' that way with S3? Thaz? What types of phone behaviors? And then does the 'feel' go away when you uninstall it or turn of its 2 Mobile Substrates in iCleaner Pro?
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-06-21 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks

To retort, in the past when I talked about downloading an app from the App Store, this was the method I was referring to (the Purchased app trick).

I made the assumption it was happening w/ any App Store download. Sorry for the confusion...

Since I was having to test out MaskMuter during it's creation, this method was easiest for me to check how an icon looks after each build. Coincidentally, it triggers the SBHTML bug!

As far as S3 is concerned, I use other tweax which share features that S3 includes. Problem is, the other tweax offer more features that I prefer, making S3 not as useful to me. I wish S3 had everything (cuz it's pretty freakin close) so I could switch to one tweak vs. two or three

Ok...
    I'm playing w/ S3 again. Couple things I've noticed that I need.

- Formatted Status Bar time (for Date and RAM)
    - Hiding Preferences in the Settings.app

I can do w/out the Preferences but I NEED the StatusBar Date & RAM. Is there a way to do this w/ S3?
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-06-21 at 08:31 PM.

Ok...
    I'm playing w/ S3 again. Couple things I've noticed that I need.

- Formatted Status Bar time (for Date and RAM)
    - Hiding Preferences in the Settings.app

I can do w/out the Preferences but I NEED the StatusBar Date & RAM. Is there a way to do this w/ S3?
    I honestly don't like S3 at all. Just my opinion. It does too much and conflicts with a lot. If you ran winterboards debug, and got the list of running processes it is throughout a lot of processes. Which equals more ram usage and battery drain.

To get ram and clock I use status modifier. To put this on the lockscreen I use Lock Screen Tool and status modifier together.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-06-22), kristatos (2014-06-21)

Thanks

That's good to know about potential battery drain with S3, June. The minimum amount of tweaks it takes me to replace S3 is "5". When I did my own personal testing between those five tweaks or S3 I had almost exactly the same battery life.

And in no case since February of this year when I've had safemode crashing was S3 the culprit. So far as I'm concerned it's rock stable. But you have a unique perspective as a dev. Thanks for the input!

Thaz.. You can only get time + RAM in S3 I believe..

Thanks

Ahhh, that sux... I'm using three tweax instead of S3 and they've never conflicted w/ anything. StatusBar date is most important to me so goodbye S3!

June, I'm w/ you. I had a bad experience w/ Springtomize a long time ago and never trusted it, since. It seemed too heavy for my simple taste since I will only use 10% of what it offers. StatusBar Date kills it for me, though, since I use it daily w/ my job.

Thanx for the input, guys!

So...let's think about this.
    W/ the Purchased app trick, what processes are happening during this task?

- Springboard refreshing?
    - Connecting to iTunes
    - Download begins
    - Icon downloading that's a previous purchase
    App is not new
    App is not an update
    - Springboard 'knows' it's a previous app?
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-06-21 at 11:27 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-06-22)

Can any of you coding gurus hp please? I want to use the animations on top of a wallpaper. The ones with the balloons, sun & moon, birds etc etc.

I have tried and tried messing around with an existing theme; this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/amr556t0se...heme%20NJC.zip

But whatever I do with the config.js and CSS files I cannot get it to work. The best I've managed is the wallpaper with a margin top and bottom.

I have loads of SBHTML theme ideas based around using just the animations on top of a wallpaper, with selected weather info.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeilJClements View Post
    Can any of you coding gurus hp please? I want to use the animations on top of a wallpaper. The ones with the balloons, sun & moon, birds etc etc.

I have tried and tried messing around with an existing theme; this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/amr556t0se...heme%20NJC.zip

But whatever I do with the config.js and CSS files I cannot get it to work. The best I've managed is the wallpaper with a margin top and bottom.

I have loads of SBHTML theme ideas based around using just the animations on top of a wallpaper, with selected weather info.

Neil, we answered this for you a while ago, bro.. Go to page 1 of the UniAW6.0 thread and download the one called: UniAW 6.4_SB. Unzip it. In the config.js set the wallpaper type to "none".. This will allow any wallpaper you choose in Settings/ Wallpaper & Brightness to show behind the animations.

Then move the whole folder from Documents to var/mobile/Library/SBHTML.. Then choose UniAW6.4_SB in SBHTML itself..

There may be other elements in UniAW6.4_SB that you'll want to switch off in config.js for only the animations to remain and no other weather info..

But learning what to switch on and off in config.js is an important step in your learning curve to be self sufficient. When you get stuck - ask specific questions.. telling us the symptom you're experiencing..

Ahhh, that sux... I'm using three tweax instead of S3 and they've never conflicted w/ anything. StatusBar date is most important to me so goodbye S3!

June, I'm w/ you. I had a bad experience w/ Springtomize a long time ago and never trusted it, since. It seemed too heavy for my simple taste since I will only use 10% of what it offers. StatusBar Date kills it for me, though, since I use it daily w/ my job.
    You didn't ask for status bar date, Thaz. You asked for status bar date plus RAM . S3 can't do date "plus" RAM but it can certainly do date. Wouldn't be able to boast "the mother of all of tweaks" without status bar date capability.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-06-22 at 03:19 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

NeilJClements (2014-06-22)

Thanks

I've identified frameworks that SBHTML hooks in to and a few headers, as well!

Frameworks:

Headers:
    - SBDockView
    - SBUIController
    - SBWorkspace
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-06-22 at 10:16 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

menard_00 (2014-06-22)

Neil, we answered this for you a while ago, bro.. Go to page 1 of the UniAW6.0 thread and download the one called: UniAW 6.4_SB. Unzip it. In the config.js set the wallpaper type to "none".. This will allow any wallpaper you choose in Settings/ Wallpaper & Brightness to show behind the animations.

Then move the whole folder from Documents to var/mobile/Library/SBHTML.. Then choose UniAW6.4_SB in SBHTML itself..

There may be other elements in UniAW6.4_SB that you'll want to switch off in config.js for only the animations to remain and no other weather info..

But learning what to switch on and off in config.js is an important step in your learning curve to be self sufficient. When you get stuck - ask specific questions.. telling us the symptom you're experiencing..

You didn't ask for status bar date, Thaz. You asked for status bar date plus RAM . S3 can't do date "plus" RAM but it can certainly do date. Wouldn't be able to boast "the mother of all of tweaks" without status bar date capability.
    Firstly, no I haven't asked for this before. I have certainly asked for help on many other subjects, but not this one. I wasn't aware there was such a thread as, had I known, I would have posted my query there.

Secondly, thank you.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to NeilJClements For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-06-22)

Hey Neil! NewD(2.1) is correct that learning from UniAw is the best way to get familiar with most of the widgets out there...good way to learn how to switch things off & on & also lookin at the clean organization will help too. Hop over to uniaw thread & u will find some of the best stuff out there & the support Ian heck most the peeps in there give to someone learning is bar none!
    BUT if u want I have a link to an animations only widget made by dacal (widget maker extraordinaire & uses widget weather tweak & is already converted for sbhtml so u can compare the two & see what's up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/usq01n63ws..._SBHTML_v2.zip

Hope that helps! Go check out uniaw thread

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boots For This Useful Post:

Dacal (2014-06-22), kristatos (2014-06-22), NeilJClements (2014-06-22), NewD (2014-06-22)

Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast