Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBHTML: SpringBoard HTML Wallpaper Platform

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    He just graduated from university. And is taking a break for sanity's sake. (so he tells me…)
    Tis indeed a fine tool. Nice piece of coding, June.
    Thanks. I bet he's glad to be free tbh. Much needed break i'm sure.

Has anyone found a way to make it happen whenever they want? That would help find the issue, mine is completely random it seems.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Default SBHTML: SpringBoard HTML Wallpaper Platform
    Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Thanks. I bet he's glad to be free tbh. Much needed break i'm sure.

Has anyone found a way to make it happen whenever they want? That would help find the issue, mine is completely random it seems.
    Without fail, it will happen to me when I manually download an app

I also noticed that if you have made your Folder Icon Background 'clear' using InternalSettings, then it turns blurry again.

I'm curious if it has something to do w/ the Springboard 'refreshing' itself. I looked a little into the headers to see if I could find any functions related to refresh/reload but I didn't spend a ton of time researching it.
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-06-21 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Without fail, it will happen to me when I manually download an app

I also noticed that if you have made your Folder Icon Background 'clear' using InternalSettings, then it turns blurry again.

I'm curious if it has something to do w/ the Springboard 'refreshing' itself. I looked a little into the headers to see if I could find any functions related to refresh/reload but I didn't spend a ton of time researching it.
    Downloaded two free apps. It didn't happen😔 Next time it does I'll see if I can get out of it with cycript, rather than a respring.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-06-21), thazsar (2014-06-21)

Thanks

Downloaded two free apps. It didn't happen Next time it does I'll see if I can get out of it with cycript, rather than a respring.
    As I stated earlier, I have the Settings.app as a QuickLaunch via CCToggles. I can access the Settings.app and turn off SBHTML. This fixes it for me w/out a Respring

Interesting...I just tried downloading a new app and it didn't happen BUT froze the ability to interact w/ icons.

My previous tests have always been to download a 'Purchased' app and then the widget overlays everything. Try that method to see if it recreates the problem.
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-06-21 at 05:25 AM.

As I stated earlier, I have the Settings.app as a QuickLaunch via CCToggles. I can access the Settings.app and turn off SBHTML. This fixes it for me w/out a Respring

Interesting...I just tried downloading a new app and it didn't happen BUT froze the ability to interact w/ icons.

My previous tests have always been to download a 'Purchased' app and then the widget overlays everything. Try that method to see if it recreates the problem.
    Wasn't looking for an alt way to fix. I would run some scripts through Cycript to see if it refreshes the wallpaper without a respring and without turning the tweak on/off. I've found a few codes that may do the trick. If it does then that will tell what is actually causing it.

My first thought is the wallpaper view is being refreshed. Since there is a view below it when it refreshes the view from SBHTML is forced to the top. The SB view may even be named different than the current one that SBHTML is hooked to. I can view where it is sitting with cycript when it happens and compare to where it is now.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2014-06-21), NewD (2014-06-21), thazsar (2014-06-21)

Hey boys! Wanted to jump in on this...just dl'd a free app from AppStore & icon interaction froze for me...hidden behind widget...just wanted to let y'all know it isn't just happening w paid apps...also for me I've noticed it happens sometimes upon unlock or when closing out of an app or switching to another...

Btw...June it's awesome to see u in here...your input & creative genious is always great!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boots For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-06-21)

Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    Hey boys! Wanted to jump in on this...just dl'd a free app from AppStore & icon interaction froze for me...hidden behind widget...just wanted to let y'all know it isn't just happening w paid apps...also for me I've noticed it happens sometimes upon unlock or when closing out of an app or switching to another...

Btw...June it's awesome to see u in here...your input & creative genious is always great!
    Thanks. Are you staying in the AppStore until it downloads? I'm probably doing something wrong.

Thanks

Sorry...I wasn't clear what I'm referring to. When I say 'Purchased' apps, I'm talking about the ones I previously downloaded (most are free!). This is located in the Updates Tab at the top of the screen. Hope that makes more sense. My apologies!

Aaah ok! Initially when this first started happening for me I had auto update & background app refresh on I thought this could be the issue but I've since turned it off & still have this issue

Thanks

Also, June, that's awesome if you can track it down via cycript! If so, let us know and I'll see if I can find the Springboard header and function to see if disabling it fixes the bug!

Quote Originally Posted by BootsBrown View Post
    Aaah ok! Initially when this first started happening for me I had auto update & background app refresh on I thought this could be the issue but I've since turned it off & still have this issue
    Yep...the screen will look like this:
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-06-21 at 05:59 AM.

Ok I will try that page in a second. I tried staying in the appstore and still nothing.

This is the header I was looking at last night. Was trying to get rid of the lockscreen wallpaper. Which I found, but also very interesting stuff for the SB. More importantly "wallpaperViewid)view" not sure, but worth a play.

https://github.com/thomasfinch/iOS-7...erController.h
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-06-21 at 06:11 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

thazsar (2014-06-21)

Thanks

So did you build a tweak to disable that function?

So did you build a tweak to disable that function?
    LockBuilder now has that build in. Some odd reason right before LBEvo loads it will show the stock lockscreen wall very quickly. Easy fix was to set a black wallpaper and you never noticed. Seems to be an issue for some so I just added.
    [[SBWallpaperController sharedInstance] setLockscreenOnlyWallpaperAlpha:0]; so now when you wake the device the stock lockscreen wallpaper is transparent.

Playing with code at runtime is the best

Update I can't get SBHTML to go on top when installing an app from the appstore. Tried many ways.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-06-21 at 06:21 AM.

Thanks

I see. So is it fixing the SBHTML bug, though?

I don't use LBEvo so this isn't gonna be for everyone but it's a start to an end!!!

Update I can't get SBHTML to go on top when installing an app from the appstore. Tried many ways.
    Even from the Purchased section?!?!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-06-21 at 06:25 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-06-21)

I see. So is it fixing the SBHTML bug, though?

I don't use LBEvo so this isn't gonna be for everyone but it's a start to an end!!!
    no no, not at all. I was just mentioning that header would be where I started reseting things to see if it brought it back.

Things like
    [[SBWallpaperController sharedInstance]_updateSharedWallpaper]
    [[SBWallpaperController sharedInstance]_updateSeparateWallpaper]
    [[SBWallpaperController sharedInstance]_updateWallpaperHidden]

Might. I can't tell really until it does it. Then I can get into cycript.

Yea I even did it through the purchased section.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-06-21 at 06:30 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-06-21), thazsar (2014-06-21)

Thanks

SWEET!!!

Hmmm...
    So I've tried disabling all three of those (separately) and I still have the problem.
    Last edited by thazsar; 2014-06-21 at 06:50 AM.

You're in cycript? If so run UIApp.windows and send me the list please.

Thanks

I'm not in cycript. I've made a tweak to hook into SBWallpaperController and then I've been disabling those functions individually. Nothing's working, yet...

I'm not in cycript. I've made a tweak to hook into SBWallpaperController and then I've been disabling those functions individually. Nothing's working, yet...
    You should really grab cycript. No need to compile a tweak simply open terminal ssh in and run

cycript -p SpringBoard

Then you are directly in the springboard process. Which in turn you can run each command and even go through the window hierarchy.

If you run [[SBWallpaperController sharedInstance]_updateSharedWallpaper] and look at spotlight search it will have the original background of the wallpaper set to wallpaper.
    run [[SBWallpaperController sharedInstance]_updateSeparateWallpaper] and the spotlight banner will turn back to grey. So it looks as it just updates the layer below SBHTML

The best debugging/testing tool there is.

To view springboard windows you will run the command.

UIApp.windows this will give you the current windows in the view. Most of which have a subview. So to reach the subview you would go UIApp.windows[0] .subviews[0] Basically just treat it as a huge object and you can go through the hierarchy. Say icon layer is UIApp.windows[2] you can run UIApp.windows[2].alpha=0 and you will make the icon layer transparent. If you run UIApp.windows[2].alpha=1 it will be shown again. No respring, no compiling all is runtime.

I was going through and looking for the SBHTML layer, but seems it is nested in a subview somewhere. About to head out the rest of the night, so i'm off the mac for now.

Oh yea everything is reset after a respring, just fyi so don't worry about screwing something up.

http://www.cycript.org/
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-06-21 at 07:12 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2014-06-21)

Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast