Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBHTML: SpringBoard HTML Wallpaper Platform

Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 7,705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeilJClements View Post
    Got rid of D&R. Great idea, but a pain in the a*se!!
    Some tweaks are just 'not meant to be'.. They hook into too many other aspects of the Springboard - that make other things unstable then.. Springtomize 3 is the only 'all-encompassing' tweak that I use - because it's been rock stable for me and plays nicely with the other 30-40 tweaks I use. And without S3 - I'd need '9' more individual tweaks to accomplish what I need.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2014-06-20), nik1975 (2014-06-19)

I hear you bro! Like you, I'd have to add sh*t loads of tweaks and I'm not gonna give myself the compatibility headache. The old saying "if it ain't broke....." Spring(tomises) to mind! Lol
    Shame though. D&R is a great looking tweak.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

The touch element of this wallpaper doesn't work when there are icons on screen. However, if I do anything in Springtomise, which move the wallpaper on top of everything, the touch works. Is there a way around this?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

The touch element of this wallpaper doesn't work when there are icons on screen. However, if I do anything in Springtomise, which move the wallpaper on top of everything, the touch works. Is there a way around this?

No, when it is working as it should you won't have any touch function. For springboard only iwidgets can have touch functions.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2014-06-20), NeilJClements (2014-06-19)

That's a real shame because that's a nice feature. If you could designate an area away from the icons to 'touch' instead, that would be good.

I'm probably behind the times on this, but I installed Junes' LBEvo for Springboard today and it rocks. So easy to create SB themes for SBHTML!

http://cydia.saurik.com/package/com....vospringboard/

Last edited by NeilJClements; 2014-06-19 at 09:11 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeilJClements For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-06-20), kristatos (2014-06-20)

Thanks

That's a real shame because that's a nice feature. If you could designate an area away from the icons to 'touch' instead, that would be good.

I'm probably behind the times on this, but I installed Junes' LBEvo for Springboard today and it rocks. So easy to create SB themes for SBHTML!

http://cydia.saurik.com/package/com....vospringboard/
    We're all aware of LBEvo as a product.. .. But you can achieve a higher caliber final product when one of our modding giants creates one from scratch and blends all elements. IMHO..

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-06-19), kristatos (2014-06-20), oldskoolsk8r (2014-06-19)

Default SBHTML: SpringBoard HTML Wallpaper Platform
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    We're all aware of LBEvo as a product.. .. But you can achieve a higher caliber final product when one of our modding giants creates one from scratch and blends all elements. IMHO..
    You're probably right and I don't deny the quality of the themes I see here. I would like to create better SBHTML themes, so what app would you recommend to build them? I find Dreamweaver such a headache.

Mac or PC?

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Mac or PC?
    What would you recommend for a PC with Windows 8? Sorry for jumping in.

Sent from my iPad using ModMyi

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TeddyDiesel For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-06-19)

I use several things, but the biggest help is Google Chrome to test. I use PC on win 7. For HTML editing I use "MAX's HTML Beauty++ 2004". For JS and CSS editing I use a good editor like "Notepad+".

I have a thread on how to use Chrome for testing.

https://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-new-skins-themes-launches/823039-test-your-lockscreen-springboard-iwidget-using-chrome.html

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-06-20), burrzoo (2015-04-03), Dacal (2014-06-22), kristatos (2014-06-20), Marty McFly (2014-06-19), menard_00 (2014-06-20), NeilJClements (2014-06-20), TeddyDiesel (2014-06-20)

Mac or PC?
    PC

Thanks

PC

Look back 2 posts for King's recommendations.

I use several things, but the biggest help is Google Chrome to test. I use PC on win 7. For HTML editing I use "MAX's HTML Beauty++ 2004". For JS and CSS editing I use a good editor like "Notepad+".

https://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-new-skins-themes-launches/823039-test-your-lockscreen-springboard-iwidget-using-chrome.html
    Sweet! I shall go and acquire these apps and have a play!

I've been using Dreamweaver with a Safari as my live browser. Trouble is, I find Safari such a drain on resources. It's brings my PC to a crawl

*just checked out the thread. Great stuff. Thank you 😀

Last edited by NeilJClements; 2014-06-20 at 12:12 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeilJClements For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-06-20), kristatos (2014-06-20)

Thanks

Sweet! I shall go and acquire these apps and have a play!

I've been using Dreamweaver with a Safari as my live browser. Trouble is, I find Safari such a drain on resources. It's brings my PC to a crawl.
    And your best bet, Neil, is to not necessarily start from scratch. But to study, and as you said a day or two ago, reverse engineer a couple of the really nice SB widgets that you like. They all have backgrounds and overlays, some have animation, etc.

Start by just moving around some objects in the CSS document. Replacing a few backgrounds in the images folders. To get the nicer widgets you also have to pay for a subscription to The software Photoshop. Learn to use PSD files. Even if you don't think you're that good as a graphic artist… You can start learning.

Often times when you finally get done a new widget you'll have about five or six people you have to give credit to before you share your new widget. That's how we all learn and all go one step better each time. If you really end up turning out to be a bad graphic artist and have zero skills… There are plenty here to help you get what you want in your background. Ask nicely and thank often.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2014-06-20)

That's so true. I have found so many people, like yourself, so generous with their time and knowledge. Wardever and Junes have also been awesome. I am ok with the ideas, it's having the technical know-how translating them onto the PC. I've got a few LBEvo themes going on to the LockBuilder website, so I'm ok with the design element but I would like a more technical knowledge so I can produce stuff without the aid (and incumbent restrictions) of a builder app.

Thanks again for your help dude. These forums have been a gold mine. Wish I'd found them years ago!

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NeilJClements For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-06-20), King_O_Hill (2014-06-20), kristatos (2014-06-20), menard_00 (2014-06-20), NewD (2014-06-20), thazsar (2014-06-20)

Awesome! Thank you for the response. I was doing a couple things right that you have recommended. Hehe. Thanks again!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to TeddyDiesel For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-06-20)

Thanks

That's so true. I have found so many people, like yourself, so generous with their time and knowledge. Wardever and Junes have also been awesome. I am ok with the ideas, it's having the technical know-how translating them onto the PC. I've got a few LBEvo themes going on to the LockBuilder website, so I'm ok with the design element but I would like a more technical knowledge so I can produce stuff without the aid (and incumbent restrictions) of a builder app.

Thanks again for your help dude. These forums have been a gold mine. Wish I'd found them years ago!
    The technical knowledge just comes from trying things one at a time. There's no book you can read or one resource that you can study and you'll have it in a few weeks. I knew absolutely zero about coding and modding when I arrived in January 2012, in about three months I was moving things around in existing widgets, two years later I can write my own JavaScript code and make a widgets from scratch with the exception of the fact that I'm a terrible graphical artist I have to rely on others for that. Just start with one widget you like and say I'd like that temperature readout to be a centimeter higher. Then poke around the CSS document and make it happen. .. P.m. me if you get stuck. Oh, and dude, learn to start hitting that thanks button when someone's helped you. It's just what we do around here.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-06-20), kristatos (2014-06-20), NeilJClements (2014-06-20), thazsar (2014-06-20)

Thanks

Dock&Roll is super buggy! And I don't know if Springtomise is the problem, so I keep it because not only do I want rid of page dots, the NC and CC grabber are a blight on the theme. In fact, I would need a host of additional tweaks to get my device how I want it. Has development in D&R stopped now!

Along with dropping down nearly off the screen, This is another trick my D&R likes to perform with no warning, prompting a respring.
    Attachment 671263

Whatever happened to Quick Respring? Not seen it in JB for iOS7

better power down is a good tweak for respring and reboot

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natty12 For This Useful Post:

kristatos (2014-06-20), NeilJClements (2014-06-20)

Auxo2 also has those options as well as addons for your control center like ccsettings or cctoggles

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boots For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone Azon3's Avatar
    Thanks

I use activator to respring set for press Both volume buttons at same time. Quick and easy

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azon3 For This Useful Post:

Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast