Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBHTML: SpringBoard HTML Wallpaper Platform

This is the released version!

ImageUploadedByModMyi1401314149.073432.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Nice try though. I give you an "A" for effort in trying to discredit me again.

Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2014-05-28 at 11:58 PM.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks
    Thanked 16,485 Times in 7,705 Posts

Default SBHTML: SpringBoard HTML Wallpaper Platform
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    This is the released version!

ImageUploadedByModMyi1401314149.073432.jpg

Nice try though. I give you an "A" for effort in trying to discredit me again.

Never trying to discredit you, bro. You're the most knowledgeable guy I know on this stuff. :-) I'm just saying in Cydia on my phone that version you showing your picture doesn't exist.

Would that be because I have Ryan's repo installed and Cydia will only show the contents of a repo installed if the names of a tweak are the same?

The only thing that was a little frustrating, though you know I always appreciate and respect your help, is that I made clear in my original help seeking-post that Rocket Bootstrap wasn't one of the mobile substrates that I turned off that then made my crashing disappear. So whether I have the "beta version" or the released version is a non-issue for my crashing. I guess you just mis-read what I originally asked about.

All good, sir.. Maybe someone else will have some insight about the disabled MS in my list and their potential conflict with SBHTML.

Thanks, King.. Really..

I'm pretty sure 1.0.1 of RocketBootstrap doesn't work on. 7.0.x either .. The incompatibility message in Cydia refers to the newest OS available. It saying 7.1 is incompatible is inclusive of 7.0.x. Pretty sure. Set me straight there if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-05-29 at 12:26 AM. Reason: update

I haven't had any crashing using LOCKHTML3 with heavy animation using Marty-Dacal-google dynamic. And SBHTML using the mcfly rainy day with heavy animation. No crashes but when raining it LAGs bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Okay - gang and gurus alike... Since adding this tweaks to my mix of things.. I've had more crashing than before.. I've postulated - maybe it's because of high animation on LS and on SB now... But so many of you seem have that too and are not crashing. OR maybe you are.. IF any of you on 5S, since adding this tweak have had more crashing, and who also use Convergence as you LS player.. Let me know..

So when I use a very simple Coffee Diary setup with just a simple iWidget and on my SB and full animation on the Lockscreen - I get NO crashing. When I run a full animation Springboard widget in SBHTML - I get random crashing...

SO yesterday - I turned off a boatload of Mobile substrates of things that I either don't use regularly or don't change the appearance of my SB too much. And the crashing seems to be gone now.. Let me list the ones I turned off - and see if any of you have had any trouble with any of these too. ONE of these, on MY phone conflicts with SBHTML... as - when I turn off SBHTML - of course the crashing also goes away.

I've turned off all these and no more crashing:
    Activator
    Classic Dock
    ColorKeyboard
    Cydget Loader (was turned off in Settings, though, even when Mobile Substrate was running)
    FlipSwitch
    GroovyLock (was turned off in Settings, though, even when Mobile Substrate was running)
    LockHTML3 (was turned off in Settings, though, even when Mobile Substrate was running)
    SmartClose
    SpringPaper (was turned off in Settings, though, even when Mobile Substrate was running)
    Unimo (this is the mobile substrate for Auxo2)

My remaining active Mobile Substrates are:
    20SecLockScreen, AppList, biteSMS, CCSettings, Convergence, ExchangePolicyRemover, Flex2, Gridlock, HideHomeTime, HomescreenDesigner, IconOmatic, IconSupport, iWidgets, libhide, MobileSafety, RocketBootstrap, SBHTML, ShowCase, Springtomize3, SpringtomizeUbiquitous, TinyGridPlus, WidgetWeather, Winterboard.

With those on I have no crashing of any kind. Only when I turn on the ones in the first list above do I get crashing.

Any thoughts and experiences you could share would be helpful,
    Grant

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

NewD, why do you have so many LS tweax?!?! They all do the same thing so you should narrow it down to the one you like the most.

I only had my phone that's on 7.1 with me. All tweaks have that disclaimer about 7.1 I do have it on 7.0.6 and it runs just fine. Just for my interest, when you were installing the beta versions, did you read the change logs? I would be very careful installing deep rooted beta tweaks like that without fully understanding what the changes are. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I agree about running too many tweaks that do the same thing. If your not using them, dump them. Turning them off and disabling them are not the same as removing them.

I think you can remove Ryan's repo and the install the stable version and then you are good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    NewD, why do you have so many LS tweax?!?! They all do the same thing so you should narrow it down to the one you like the most.
    Thanks, Thaz! But they actually don't 'all do the same thing'. GroovyLock runs in the background layer, LockHTML3 runs in the homescreen layer and has many other features for supressing things on lock screen, Cydgets allow for many different lockscreens at once to be toggled through and allows for writing the html to direct animations to background layer and weather info to homescreen layer. They're all actually very different. I was on the beta team for LockHTML3 so I needed to be able to keep several on my phone to do testing.. They all lived perfectly harmoniously (as long as no more than one was on at once) before my installing of SBHTML. No crashing. LH3 and Goovylock can even be run together to run multiple LS at the same time.

So... I'm pretty sure they're not my smoking gun. But I'll try turning on each one - one at a time.. and see if one of them makes the crashing return..

Thanks, Thaz!

I only had my phone that's on 7.1 with me. All tweaks have that disclaimer about 7.1 I do have it on 7.0.6 and it runs just fine. Just for my interest, when you were installing the beta versions, did you read the change logs? I would be very careful installing deep rooted beta tweaks like that without fully understanding what the changes are. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Agreed.. But why the f*** did I ever feel the need to go to a beta repo of RocketBootstrap? I use other things of Ryan Petrich's but didn't know he was the developer of RB. When I added his repo for other things.. did it just start showing me 'needed' updates in Cydia for RB? I wouldn't have ever felt the need to 'upgrade' to a beta version.. Very weird. So many people have been talking about the '4' updates that came over the last few weeks and they were all for the repo beta version... So many are running that.. Very confused....
    I agree about running too many tweaks that do the same thing. If your not using them, dump them. Turning them off and disabling them are not the same as removing them.
    Hmm. So there's really a difference between turning off a mobile substrate and actually removing it? That seems illogical to me.. How are they different?
    I think you can remove Ryan's repo and the install the stable version and then you are good.
    Its worth a try.. But as I said in my original post - RocketBootstrap has been on through all my testing. I can get rid of all crashing with SBHTML high animation and Convergence High Animation WITHOUT removing it. So it can't be my smoking gun. But you've peaked my interest nonetheless.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-05-29 at 02:24 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-05-29)

Thanks

Having Ryan's repo will ALWAYS override the Cydia package w/ the same name.

I encountered this when ios 7 was first jailbroke and Ryan's version of Activator was causing crashes. When I deleted his repo and used regular Activator, the phone was fine.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-05-29), NewD (2014-05-29)

Just turning it off in iCleanerPro only renames the dylib file. Sometimes plist files etc. cause issues too. Depending on how the tweak has hooked can depend on what's poking into what. When I find a tweak that has a conflict, I delete it. I call it insurance. I never leave tweaks disabled or especially just turned off in settings, even turned off they can still be running in the background. Just some basic rules that I follow and I rarely have issues.

Thanks

Having Ryan's repo will ALWAYS override the Cydia package w/ the same name.

I encountered this when ios 7 was first jailbroke and Ryan's version of Activator was causing crashes. When I deleted his repo and used regular Activator, the phone was fine.
    Thanks, Thaz. Makes a lot of sense!

Just turning it off in iCleanerPro only renames the dylib file. Sometimes plist files etc. cause issues too. Depending on how the tweak has hooked can depend on what's poking into what. When I find a tweak that has a conflict, I delete it. I call it insurance. I never leave tweaks disabled or especially just turned off in settings, even turned off they can still be running in the background. Just some basic rules that I follow and I rarely have issues.
    Ah. Thanks, Bri! Makes more sense to me now.. Didn't know about the rename thing. Sadly though Cydia doesn't remove plists and prefs files when you uninstall a tweak. You have to go hunting.. I take note of all things a tweak installs and prefs files so when I remove- I can do a proper removal. I have a crazy database of stuff for all my tweaks. Frustrating that Cydia can't do a full removal.

Now if ONLY I was crashing when RocketBootstrap is installed I'd have my answer. But Ryan's beta 4 of 1.0.2 is installed and I'm crash free as long as the 7 tweaks I listed in my original question are off in iCleaner Pro.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-05-29 at 03:02 AM.

Thanks

@King,
    How do I go about adding the sunset/sunrise string to the configure.js you made for me?

My widget shows the sun but it's midnight! LOL!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 879 Posts

I ve noticed that the tweak has a lot of battery drain!Is it only me or this is happening to everyone?
    And also when i speak to phone, the phone is heating much more than without the tweak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    I ve noticed that the tweak has a lot of battery drain!Is it only me or this is happening to everyone?
    And also when i speak to phone, the phone is heating much more than without the tweak
    Yep. Me too.. This is the price you pay for cool animation on your SB. I bought a Mophie Battery case when on 6.1.2 JB so I could have awesome stuff on my Springboard.. Heat up of the phone is just from more battery use.

Make sure to run your brightness at no more than 65%.. Plenty brite. Turn off Push Mail and Bluetooth and only use as few notifications as necessary and you will see battery improvement.. In privacy/location services /system - turn off every switch in that window except Traffic as you need none of it and they're major battery killers. Same thing with Genetal/Background App Refresh.. Turn those off.. Not needed except when using GoogleMaps.. Then just turn that 1 switch on.

Good luck!
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-05-29 at 02:12 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (2014-05-29), thazsar (2014-05-29)

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to azizazooz For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-05-30), mommyelliegator (2014-05-30), Mr.Coffee (2014-05-29), TeddyDiesel (2014-05-29)

Thanks

Thanks NewdestinyX!About mophie battery case,are you ok with it?Is it worth,because i am speaking about 4-5 hours daily with blueutooth so i charge one probably two times a day!!

Thanks

Thanks NewdestinyX!About mophie battery case,are you ok with it?Is it worth,because i am speaking about 4-5 hours daily with blueutooth so i charge one probably two times a day!!
    It's worked nicely for me, Nik.. I don't use Bluetooth.. Or push mail.. But still needed it.. Should add 80% more battery life each day..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (2014-05-29)

Livin the iPhone Life Mr.Coffee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 837 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azizazooz View Post
    Awsome Loving Boss IOS 😃

Here is my Setup 😃

ImageUploadedByModMyi1401384159.388454.jpg

Thanks

The strange is that with SBHtml when i have my phone in sleep mode doesnt drain my battery.For example last night,i left my phone 100% and after 8 hours in the morning i found it in 100% again.
    But when i make calls then the problem with battery and heat begins.So,i think that it should be a way to fix this

@King,
    How do I go about adding the sunset/sunrise string to the configure.js you made for me?

My widget shows the sun but it's midnight! LOL!
    I will have a look at this for you and see if I can replicate and fix. Please remind me what the name of the main folder was. Sorry, I work with too much stuff, they all start to melt together.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-05-30)

Thanks

The strange is that with SBHtml when i have my phone in sleep mode doesnt drain my battery.For example last night,i left my phone 100% and after 8 hours in the morning i found it in 100% again.
    But when i make calls then the problem with battery and heat begins.So,i think that it should be a way to fix this
    Can you download iCleanerPro from exile90software.com's repo.. Then at bottom left of app clik the + and then go into MobileSubstrates and switch off SNHTML.. Respring.. Then try a phone call and see if the phone heats up and battery drop still happens. If it still does .. Then SBHTML isn't your problem.. On a stock iPhone 5S I get major phone heat up on phone calls.. Even unjailbroken. I don't believe this is a problem with SBHTML. But do the test and report back..

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Boots (2014-05-30), nik1975 (2014-05-29)

Thanks

I had done this test on the morning but not with switch off from the mobile substrates,i just switch off the sbhtml from settings,and i ve noticed that during calls,my phone didnt heating and the battery droped logically!Thats why i said that is strange that the tweak is ok in sleep mode but has problem during calls!
    For the record i have an iphone 5

Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast