Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Animated Weather Widget Question

If I can't fix the bug soon, I will just send you a link. It's not that serious of a bug, I just haven't had time to really look at it yet.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Ryan, check PM

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    If I can't fix the bug soon, I will just send you a link. It's not that serious of a bug, I just haven't had time to really look at it yet.
    Thanks king your a star, please see photo for how it looks on my set up, the font is Back To The Future font
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1399025654.644124.jpg

Cool bro. I need to move the weather info above animated weather so it doesn't get hidden by the clouds etc. we are still working it out, this is a very complex widget. But enjoy and let me know if you find any issues.

Only thing I'm just mentioning is I know there was talk of incorporating whether the animations will be full screen or half...
    Didn't see an option for that or is that the final version?

Yes, that's one of the issues that I'm trying to work out ATM.

Did I miss the release of the HTC widget? I'm not worried about any bugs related to animations (I'll pull them out of the code, if necessary). I just want the version of the widget with the fix for the 24 hr clock.

Any updates on the lockscreen widget?

Check PM again

Dragonjo

Hold on, I'm gonna send you a few links too.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
    Did I miss the release of the HTC widget? I'm not worried about any bugs related to animations (I'll pull them out of the code, if necessary). I just want the version of the widget with the fix for the 24 hr clock.

Any updates on the lockscreen widget?
    You got PM
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2014-05-02 at 06:47 PM.

Check PM again

Dragonjo

Hold on, I'm gonna send you a few links too.

You got PM
    Awesome work King!!! I have sent a little something to the developer you listed earlier. I wish I could have sent you something as well.

Thanks again!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dragonjo8 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-05-02)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
    Awesome work King!!! I have sent a little something to the developer you listed earlier. I wish I could have sent you something as well.

Thanks again!
    No problem. Glad that you like it!

This is bloody fantastic king thank you for your efforts.
    Can I have the animations so they go on top of the clock instead of behind?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC View Post
    This is bloody fantastic king thank you for your efforts.
    Can I have the animations so they go on top of the clock instead of behind?
    Ha, that's how I had it first. Let me work out all the issues, then I'll tweak a version just for you.

First...the praise...

Ok...I've had a couple of days to play around with these awesome widgets. King...dude...great job. I see you did use the calendar stuff I sent you for the lockscreen widget. Awesome! I've made some changes to the widget to make calendar navigation much easier as well as changed the forecast page to better match the layout of the stock weather app...none of which would have been possible without a GREAT widget to work with. Again...MUCH THANKS!!!!

-img_2526.png

All I did here was double the size of the arrow images. This in effect doubles the touch area (which was truly cumbersome to deal with before...it was kind of tricky to hit the smaller arrows in the right place). I will be making better (higher res) arrow images as the doubling made them slightly fuzzy.

-img_2527.png

I've made the layout better match the stock weather app by adding the current day with "Today" and laying out the icons differently. I also added the word "Now" to the hourly forecast and got rid of the over-sized degree symbol for the main temp.

Now for some bug reporting...

-img_2520.png

This happens to the KOH widget during the 12pm hour while in 12-hour clock mode (the original widget, bottom, does not exhibit the error). It does not happen during the 12am hour. I'm sure the error is somewhere in the changes that were made to get the 24 hr mode to work, unfortunately, I can't find it. I am confident you will find it

Lastly...a request

I sheepishly ask if it is at all possible to have the % precipitation not display when the value is less than 1 (like it does in the stock weather app)

-img2.png

I tried to create an IF statement for the condition where Hpop is < 1 but failed miserably. Is this even possible?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img2.png   -img_2525.png  
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 2014-05-04 at 12:46 AM.

That damn 12 thing! That was the bug that I was working on the other day. Except it was doing it at 12 PM. Apparently, I just keep pushing the problem back and forth to AM and PM.

I will look into this.

I believe the % request is possible and could be set in the options.plist file. Do you want to send me the files that you have changed and I can do a compare in the code to make sure that adapting it isn't messing me up with additional changes that you are requesting?

Glad your enjoying it so far.

We did increase the touch area for the month arrows from what it was originally too. I believe that we can increase the area some more without the need for the larger images. I'm actually wondering how that the increased image size increase the touch area. I'll need to look at that too.

Thanks for the input. That's why I sent to you guys to test before I post them freely.

That damn 12 thing! That was the bug that I was working on the other day. Except it was doing it at 12 PM. Apparently, I just keep pushing the problem back and forth to AM and PM.

I will look into this.

I believe the % request is possible and could be set in the options.plist file. Do you want to send me the files that you have changed and I can do a compare in the code to make sure that adapting it isn't messing me up with additional changes that you are requesting?

Glad your enjoying it so far.

We did increase the touch area for the month arrows from what it was originally too. I believe that we can increase the area some more without the need for the larger images. I'm actually wondering how that the increased image size increase the touch area. I'll need to look at that too.

Thanks for the input. That's why I sent to you guys to test before I post them freely.
    Yes...it's still doing it during the 12pm hour.

It also struck me as odd doubling the image size would double the touch area...then I remembered I added a height parameter (18px) to the #Button-left/right properties in the Calendar.css.

You'll also notice I added an options.plist and a widget.plist (as well as renamed the Locbackground.html to Widget.html) to the widget. This makes it easier (IMHO) to select options.

Grab the file here:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._LS_MODDED.zip

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragonjo8 For This Useful Post:

Azon3 (2014-05-04), King_O_Hill (2014-05-04)

DJ, I looked at your stuff and see that you moved everything back. I adjusted all those items and made the new overlay so it would work with Convergance! If you don't use it for you LS's, you might want to consider it. This way it was compatible with ios6 & 7 also can be used with WB, LHTML2/3, GroovyLock, Cydgets & Convergance!

I will mod my version to add the precipitation option that you asked for, but you can incorporate into your edition. Sorry, I wanted it to be truly universal!

Also the HTC 12PM issue only affects the black version. I will fix this.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2014-05-05 at 11:27 PM.

DJ, I looked at your stuff and see that you moved everything back. I adjusted all those items and made the new overlay so it would work with Convergance! If you don't use it for you LS's, you might want to consider it. This way it was compatible with ios6 & 7 also can be used with WB, LHTML2/3, GroovyLock, Cydgets & Convergance!

I will mod my version to add the precipitation option that you asked for, but you can incorporate into your edition. Sorry, I wanted it to be truly universal!

Also the HTC 12PM issue only affects the black version. I will fix this.
    Yeah...I played around with Convergence. Cool concept, unfortunately, it doesn't play nice with 'Prowidgets'. I am in complete agreement, however, with your decision to make the LS widget universal (the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one). Besides, I can always tailor it to fit my needs.

Looking forward to the precipitation addition and the 12 hr fix.

HTC fixed, check PM.

Ryan too!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dragonjo8 (2014-05-06)

HTC fixed, check PM.

Ryan too!
    Works like a charm!!!

Is the 12 amm issue only on the lockscreen as I've not had an issue with the iwidget.....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast