Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)

Without trying to start an argument no matter how much I may enjoy one, if someone has gone to the trouble of writing a lock that doesn't use ww why should that person suffer. By forcing people to use something your shrinking your market. I know everyone here thinks ww is used by everyone but it ain't

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewshaw33 View Post
    Without trying to start an argument no matter how much I may enjoy one, if someone has gone to the trouble of writing a lock that doesn't use ww why should that person suffer. By forcing people to use something your shrinking your market. I know everyone here thinks ww is used by everyone but it ain't
    I don't get this. No one is forcing anyone to use anything. Who said that you have to install WW? Jake was only saying that for widgets that pull information from WW will need that tweak. Sounds incredibly reasonable to me.

To say WW is forced is simply not true. Jake, the creator, likes WW so of course he uses it just like June likes to use his own method. I see no difference here.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-22), lostinthemes (2014-01-23), NewD (2014-01-23)

The wording that June was asking about kind of does imply that its needed. I wasn't having a go at anyone and if you use it or not personally I don't but some people might. I just think if it causes issues with anyone or anything why say it. In all honesty having as many people making locks for groovy lock would be more beneficial than only those using ww code. I would love to have made a lock or 3 for it but in no way would I like my life overrun with emails asking me to use something I don't code for, I have never coded a lock for the my location tweak either I prefer the "old fashioned" way of getting weather info

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neno1978 View Post
    well, my crashing went out . i have quited "hold ls in memory" and no more crash ....
    wil try to se if this helps

Thanks

I understand what you are saying drewshaw33. I didn't think you we're having a go at anyone. iOS 7 has brought a lot of changes and confusion. Every tweak or widget that comes out causes problems and questions. The best the devs can do is create cool stuff and answer the questions as best as possible. No need to draw lines in the sand and choose sides. Some people use WOEID or Zip codes and many more I think use GPS or WW. Providing options is always best I think.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-22), lostinthemes (2014-01-23), NewD (2014-01-23), Simon (2014-01-22), The_Durben (2014-01-22)

Maybe it's just me, but I fail to see where in the description it says, "In order to use GroovyLock, you MUST use WidgetWeather." Saying, "Please use WidgetWeather Tweak for LockScreens that pull weather information," is simply saying that Jake thinks it is a good tweak and can benefit the user. That is not forcing it on anyone. JMHO though.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

DannyZ83 (2014-01-22), King_O_Hill (2014-01-22), lostinthemes (2014-01-23), NewD (2014-01-23), Simon (2014-01-22), The_Durben (2014-01-22)

I would think things would go a lot smoother for everyone if people would post requests/changes as a suggestion instead of wording something negatively or sounding condescending whether intended or not.

As far as Widget Weather goes, use it if you want, if you don't, don't. Pretty simple.

Personally I'll stand behind that tweak 100%. It's solid. SDDev did a bang up job on that tweak. More than ever even expected.
    And as far as complaints/problems about it go, we have over 21000 downloads of it and just my free lock alone on the first post of that thread has over 5k downloads. I'm sure Dacals has likely as many if not more.
    There's more people who complain about widget weather that aren't actually using it than those that are.
    Those that use it know simply it just works.

As to what June said about editing the text in settings, I agree, it sounds like a dependency as opposed to a suggestion. But as Groovy mentioned on his post he is also 100% supportive of it to.
    I don't go around nay saying on anyone else's tweaks packages ect regardless if I use them or not, so in conclusion, just think about what you say and how it will come across before putting it to text. <- (me included in that)

Just get along at least the rest of today and be thankful for the devs we have in this community who put out work for us to all enjoy our devices.

Sorry Groovy for the slight off topic.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 2014-01-22 at 09:29 PM.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

DannyZ83 (2014-01-22), EricB78 (2014-01-22), June'sIphone (2014-01-22), King_O_Hill (2014-01-22), lostinthemes (2014-01-23), mfisherbsu (2014-02-23), NewD (2014-01-23), RKO1195 (2014-01-22), sethbossfan (2014-01-24), Simon (2014-01-22)

Just saw this and it seems appropriate after D's post:

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-01-22), lostinthemes (2014-01-23), mfisherbsu (2014-02-23), NewD (2014-01-23), The_Durben (2014-01-22)

I have never put the tweak down that would be disrespectful on my behalf as I have never used it so I can't comment. I said in my first post on this subject I was not looking for an argument I just thought the wording could have been different. As I said ww and this tweak groovylock are not even on my phone as I have stopped making locks iwidgets etc just thought a comment was necessary didn't mean to nor was I trying to offend

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drewshaw33 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-01-22), The_Durben (2014-01-22)

My post was not directed at any one person in general(aside from the June part about settings desc in GL)
    It's more about "just get along, and if you don't have something encouraging or helpful to post you probably shouldn't"
    We all are after the same thing, making our phones nice and the way we want them ourselves.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (2014-01-22), June'sIphone (2014-01-22), King_O_Hill (2014-01-22), lostinthemes (2014-01-23), sethbossfan (2014-01-24)

Hello, since the last update I have safe mode?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone-45 View Post
    Hello, since the last update I have safe mode?
    What device and firmware are you on?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-22)

The statement has caused me issues. I would have never had said anything if it didn't.

I've thought of implementing WidgeWeather just to stop all this HATE. IT IS RIDICULOUS!

Every time I post its something about it or anything regarding it. I get hate, or someone trying to talk me into doing something. how good this is and how good this is. I wish you would stop. Look at my threads look where King was helping in my threads. Look where NewD was helping in my threads, Simon, Krima etc. Look where these people supported my work.

Now I am almost the only one in there. Its cool I don't need your help, but to act like this isn't because of my decision is ridiculous.

When I post an issue it is an issue. (WHICH IS BEING RESOLVED) I dunno what you guys on MMI want. You live here, you post on every thread (besides mine now) You help everywhere which is great, but damn it seems your just bored and have nothing else better to do.

WHAT STOPS THIS???? Really are we not all grown men here? Please tell me, because i'm absolutely sick of people taking words and twisting them around, just to support their "buddy" I am bigger than this and I know you are too.

If you can't then quit using my name in your posts please. I cannot keep coming here to back up what I say, or put it back into context it was ripped from.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-01-22 at 11:08 PM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (2014-01-22), King_O_Hill (2014-01-22), P0R7ER (2014-01-23), The_Durben (2014-01-22)

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    What device and firmware are you on?

You didn't specifiy the device.

But I'm having the same issue here.
    I'm running 7.0.3 on an iphone 5s.

It crashes the phone and goes the safe mode every now and then and on top of that, this happened to my lockscreen:
    -6uujv.png

it was working perfectly before I updated.

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I fail to see where in the description it says, "In order to use GroovyLock, you MUST use WidgetWeather." Saying, "Please use WidgetWeather Tweak for LockScreens that pull weather information," is simply saying that Jake thinks it is a good tweak and can benefit the user. That is not forcing it on anyone. JMHO though.
    This is ridiculous.. The users are not smart as you, this is what they are coming to me with. Sorry if you don't understand.

OK a lockscreen pulls weather, you download it and then you see it isn't your city. You read "Please use WidgetWeather Tweak for LockScreens that pull weather information," So what do you do bro? Honestly? What is the first thing that comes to mind?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (2014-01-22), The_Durben (2014-01-22)

Quote Originally Posted by LeQuacKK View Post
    You didn't specifiy the device.

But I'm having the same issue here.
    I'm running 7.0.3 on an iphone 5s.

It crashes the phone and goes the safe mode every now and then and on top of that, this happened to my lockscreen:
    -6uujv.png

it was working perfectly before I updated.
    I'm also on iphone 5S but this happened since the 1.0.2 Update

I deactivated the otion memory that will solve my problem can be

Thanks

Do you have any winterboard themes with a info.plist in it? Also, what widget do you have activated?

@June. I don't know where the intensity of your post is coming from. I thought everything was resolved. It seemed to me that everyone said their peace and all was left on a good note. Concerning why people may have stopped coming by on your thread, it might have something to do with comments like "I don't need your help". To be friendly, show yourself friendly. You insist you don't need help and are a one man show so it seems reasonable that people let you be.

I would love to be more active on your thread, you saw that I was for your 69 theme. But it seems now you aren't interested in some peoples thoughts or suggestions. At least, that's how I read the situation and if I'm wrong I'm sorry. I would love for things to be better.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-01-22 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    OMG I'm done
    I don't get this man. You asked a question and I responded. No need to be done. Like you said, we are all grown men and we can find common ground. Sorry if you were offended.

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast