Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)

Out of respect for other devs, that do not use WidgetWeather. Please talk to your inner circle about changing the description in GroovyLock. Users do not need WidgetWeather with every lockscreen that pulls weather.
    thanks

I'm addicted to jailbreak lostinthemes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r View Post
    ...are these tweaks doing both the same? and
    do we need RespringCacheFix in ios 7?

I use both...
    And in every respring it shows the apps that cause problem but prevents the crashes...
    Last edited by Simon; 2014-01-22 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

But only 10% use WW for their widgets. I don't think the issue is widespread enough to warrant a rewrite. For me personally, it's about 50 percent WW and 50 percent my location and since WW now generates the text file for my location, it seems appropriate.

That's just my opinion though. I would love to know if others think that GroovyCarrot should change the description. From my point of view it seems without this, people will not have the text file or xml file that a lot of widgets use and will complain that the tweak doesn't work. Seems like a reasonable description to me but I'm open to hear other points of views.

Just to be clear, the tweak only suggest downloading Widget Weather for widgets that pull information from it.
    Last edited by Krima; 2014-01-22 at 07:04 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-01-22), lostinthemes (2014-01-22)

ImageUploadedByModMyi1390414693.829580.jpg

I only ask this because I am a Dev that doesn't use this.

I have received a good amount of emails about this. I don't think I should have to post how many have downloaded my GroovyLock miWeather.

I said out of respect, if it's not changed then I will just have to stop uploading packages to GroovyLock. I feel like i'm being forced to use this feature.

I am a support hub right now, and a majority are questions are I downloaded WidgetWeather and my city didn't change. That's all, I'm not here for a debate.

"Please use Widget Weather Tweak for LockScreens that pull Weather information" is not a suggestion it is instruction.

Not asking for it to be removed, but edited.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-01-22 at 07:26 PM.

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexrcoleman View Post
    @GroovyCarrot Is this the right place to put requests too? Anyways...
    I have something that I think would be an AMAZING update for GroovyLock: add objects in javascript that allow it the theme to interface with the device!!! From what I understand it's not too difficult to interface obj c and javascript. What I mean by this is allow the themes to, for example, check the brightness by just calling iOS.brightness() or something in javascript. Basically anything in control center would be good ideas of things to include (volume, is wifi on, is airplane mode on, what network are we connected to, what's the strength, how many 3G bars do we have, are we on 3G or 4G or what, etc). Also included could be iOS.isScreenLocked() which returns if the device is locked and iOS.isScreenDimmed() which checks if the screen is locked and black. This would let theme creators save battery by not updating it if the screen is dimmed. I hope you take this into consideration, thanks!
    Yes I will be implementing an objc-javascript bridge down the line, I know cycript is a good bridge but I'm not aware if it's been ported by saurik, also it seems complicated for me (who writes in objective c and javascript) so I'll be looking to implement some simplified functions that can be called related to the lockscreen - seems ultimately safer to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    this tweek put my 5S in safe mode every 2 min, to bad i wil have to wait before i install it once more. have set my phone up as new and have only ios 7 tweeks installet.
    I have to apologise for those experiencing issues, I've been shifting priority between this and my other project NextGenUI - I do want to get my update for NGUI out by the weekend since it is a couple of weeks later than I intended. I'm used to this though it happens every single deadline

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Out of respect for other devs, that do not use WidgetWeather. Please talk to your inner circle about changing the description in GroovyLock. Users do not need WidgetWeather with every lockscreen that pulls weather.
    thanks
    Inner circle? I chat to the WW dev by iMessage, to be honest I'm thinking of integrating some of the functionality of WW into GL purely for simplicity and to reduce latency on the lockscreens, it seems ultimately the best way to do this rather than running heavy javascripts and calls to unreliable API's when I could just inject the weather data into the LS via placeholders in the code like {CURRENT_TEMP_CELCIUS} and just swap these out - obviously all that will be optional, I know your weather LS's are really light in comparison to most of them out there, but the iOS 7.0 UIWebView has so many problems I need to look to minimise the need to use JavaScript, though it seems to be animations that really cause the issues.

Sadly it'll be iOS 7.1 that we'll actually be able to use LS's like back in iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    But only 10% use WW for their widgets. I don't think the issue is widespread enough to warrant a rewrite. For me personally, it's about 50 percent WW and 50 percent my location and since WW now generates the text file for my location, it seems appropriate.

That's just my opinion though. I would love to know if others think that GroovyCarrot should change the description. From my point of view it seems without this, people will not have the text file or xml file that a lot of widgets use and will complain that the tweak doesn't work. Seems like a reasonable description to me but I'm open to hear other points of views.

Just to be clear, the tweak only suggest downloading Widget Weather for widgets that pull information from it.
    Yeah the reason why I put it in was to direct users that wanted to use LS's that pull data from MyLocation a solution that would remove the need to send me or the LS devs emails since my inbox gets raped on a daily basis now :')

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

alexrcoleman (2014-01-22), EricB78 (2014-01-22), jawonder (2014-01-22), June'sIphone (2014-01-22), King_O_Hill (2014-01-22), Krima (2014-01-22), lostinthemes (2014-01-23), mfisherbsu (2014-02-23), nik1975 (2014-01-22), RKO1195 (2014-01-22), Simon (2014-01-22), The_Durben (2014-01-22)

Thanks

I understand June, I didn't mean to suggest that u should say how many have downloaded your widget. I too was just respectfully giving my point of view. It's all good, no debate needed. Just paste the thread link to your customers and we will answer any questions they may have. Problem solved.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (2014-01-22), June'sIphone (2014-01-22), King_O_Hill (2014-01-22), lostinthemes (2014-01-23), RKO1195 (2014-01-22)

The group you talk with that develop for WidgetWeather. Everyone knows who they are they make that quite apparent.

My question, will this be edited? Yes or No please.

Regarding
    "Please use Widget Weather Tweak for LockScreens that pull Weather information"

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I understand June, I didn't mean to suggest that u should say how many have downloaded your widget. I too was just respectfully giving my point of view. It's all good, no debate needed. Just paste the thread link to your customers and we will answer any questions they may have. Problem solved.
    Krima I don't think you understand the severity of my issue. If I posted the numbers you would understand.

I'm coming here with 100% respect.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-01-22 at 07:33 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

Krima (2014-01-22)

The group you talk with that develop for WidgetWeather. Everyone knows who they are they make that quite apparent.

Regarding

Krima I don't think you understand the severity of my issue. If I posted the numbers you would understand.

To answer your question, yes.

Wait, I think I misunderstood. I thought you were asking if your post will be edited. Lmao.
    Last edited by EricB78; 2014-01-22 at 07:50 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-01-22), King_O_Hill (2014-01-22)

Thanks

I know your intentions are respectful June but this line "Everyone knows who they are they make that quite apparent"
    seems like a passive aggressive comment that isn't 100% respectful. It reads like a personal jab at the "inner circle" as u referred to them earlier. Don't u agree?

There is a lot of misunderstanding going around and I really hope we can all be respectful to one another and his/her personal preferences.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-01-22), King_O_Hill (2014-01-22), mfisherbsu (2014-02-23), NewD (2014-01-22), Simon (2014-01-22)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Regarding

There are just as many if not more people using LS widgets that will need WidgetWeather's XML and txt file outputs to work. It needs to be worded in a way that doesn't then create more emails of confusion to users of myLocation and WW LS widgets of which there are hundreds. Respectfully should he changed it to favor 2 widgets over the rest that need WW?

Just asking. Hoping a good compromise can be achieved.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-01-22), King_O_Hill (2014-01-22)

Not to jump into all this but I thought you was waiting on Cydgets ? June why not just use that ?

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (2014-01-22), King_O_Hill (2014-01-22), Krima (2014-01-22), Simon (2014-01-22)

Thanks

have spendt some hours testing to se what the problem is with crashing and going in safte mode, crashreapoter from cydia cant give me a hint, have iwidgets and it goes in safe mode, without iwidgets no problems, maybe the safemode problem is with iwidgets !! maybe some playlist conflickts ?

If you have a theme running in winterboard and it has a info. plist that's your problem

23. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-22)

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    If you have a theme running in winterboard and it has a info. plist that's your problem
    Also, LS's with animations seem to do it too. If I understand correctly, the animations almost "overwhelm" the Springboard and make it crash.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-22)

Hi, i want to ask ..
    Im install widget weather and groovylock, and i trying to use widgetweather _base from widget weather
    Im testing to use that, but the weather didn't show up..
    Im already setup the widget weather but nothing happen
    And i didn't using any themes from winterboard..
    Anybody can tell me why the weather didn't show up ?
    Thankyou��

Edit

I should read ahead more

Or maybe less sometimes...
    Last edited by The_Durben; 2014-01-22 at 08:29 PM.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (2014-01-22), King_O_Hill (2014-01-22), RKO1195 (2014-01-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    If that Was to me, i have the theme 77 made by BLUE, and i Cant
    Find any Info. Plist in the theme.

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 483 Posts

I will reword it but I am encouraging the use of WW - I won't make it a dependency but Stephen has written WW to catch all exceptions before a crash occurs, and is the most reliable for weather data since it just prints out what the native weather app handles so in practice no users will have issues with it. Not only that but the native GPS features makes it a complete solution and doesn't need users to go messing with config javascripts and similar little annoyances that means you can't just download from Cydia and it'll work as intended. I'm not forcing people to use it, I just want to direct and encourage people toward the best solution with the aim of creating an experience that users can download any weather lockscreen and it'll automatically be set up for them.

My thoughts was that this would reduce the need for emails asking how to set up everything, especially since touch features aren't an option at the moment until I can sit down with it, maybe this weekend depending on NGUI progress and coursework since I'm very busy myself and my remaining time is taken up with NGUI support, which I do charge for and that level of support is expected.

The majority of users on Cydia that aren't involved in the community expect to download something and it work right off the bat, and the volume of questions is significantly higher for these products that are released free

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (2014-01-22), Krima (2014-01-22), lostinthemes (2014-01-23), RKO1195 (2014-01-22), Simon (2014-01-22), The_Durben (2014-01-22)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    have spendt some hours testing to se what the problem is with crashing and going in safte mode, crashreapoter from cydia cant give me a hint, have iwidgets and it goes in safe mode, without iwidgets no problems, maybe the safemode problem is with iwidgets !! maybe some playlist conflickts ?
    well, my crashing went out . i have quited "hold ls in memory" and no more crash ....

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neno1978 For This Useful Post:

GroovyCarrot (2014-01-22), King_O_Hill (2014-01-22)

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast