Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1343

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Hey there, friends. It's been a long day of working with code and starting to create a tutorial. Jake (GroovyCarrot) gave us a WONDERFUL gift this morning in a very simple fix that can be added to pretty much any WidgetWeather 1.0 or 2.0 LS or SB widget to have it work with no resprings using groovyAPI+, Groovylock+ and Groovyboard+ (page 118 of UniAW7 thread). It's just '1 line of code' that needs changing in your widgets.

Here's the only thing keeping me from wanting to give it to you right now: it will break your widgets for use in ANY OTHER LS players or for testing on your computer. It's a one way ticket over to it working ONLY in GroovyLock+ (if it's a LS) and only in Groovyboard+ (if it's an SB widget). My reticence in sharing it is also that "I"(we modders/coders) don't want to have to support 2 different versions of every widget as you try and use this one you've recoded for GL+ but still want to have one for Convergence or LockHTML4 or Cydgets or whatever... So I'm finalizing some code with Jake in the morning.. that will allow the NEXT tutorial I give you (though a little more complex) to work in any Lockscreen Player (except LBEvo) AND also allow for it to be tested on your computer if you're a modder. This method below will also prevent any 'multiple WW2 locations' from running.

But I know how long some of you have waited, especially on 6+, to have some of your favorite LockScreens run with NO RESPRINGS.... so though part of me knows I'm going to regret this lol!!.. I'll give you the simple, dirty method to get you stable....

But you must promise me this --- if you don't know squat about coding.. DO NOT TRY THIS!!!!!!!!! AND WHEN we finish the DUAL-MODE code (so your widgets will work in ANY player with no resprings) I'll ask you to work through my longer tutorial coming later. Deal? Deal.....

So here's the quick method:

STEP 1
    go into the Javascript folder and open main.js.
    and look for this line of code:
    Code:
    jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    ..and add two forward slashes in front of that line so it looks like this:
    Code:
    //jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    STEP 2
    Now underneath that line of code that is now, what we call, 'commented out' (no longer running because of the 2 forward slashes)
    add this line of code:
    Code:
    groovyAPI.do ( { read: "widgetweather.xml" }, function(data) {
    Make sure nothing is after the last curved bracket '{' on that line..

Save the changes and you're done.

Simply - Choose your Lockscreen or SB widget in GroovyLock+ or GroovyBoard+ and no need to even Respring after.. And, if you're running no iWidgets, you should be random respring free.

Enjoy!

Be sure to send a donation to GroovyCarrot. He's SO the man for us, on SO many occasions.
    Hi ND,

I have some sbhtml themes and I looked in the main.js of that themes, the line "jQuery.get(url, function(data) {" isnt there, I found these line in the location.js, and its already "commented out". I tried to put the other line under the out commented line "groovyAPI.do ( { read: "widgetweather.xml" }, function(data) {", but no luck, stil ??? at the loaction on my SB.

my tests so far with GL+:

1st.)
    I tried UniAW7_RC10_GroovyLock with the old groovyAPi, GL, and GB installed and loaded up UniAW7_RC10_GroovyLock with convergance (GL is off and the dylib is disbled by iCleaner), but I get a black screen @ my LS. I tried to respring a few times or make a reboot, but the same result, black screen @ the LS.

2nd.)
    I tried it with GL only, I set convergance to off state, and disabled the dylib with iCleaner (and enabled the GL dylib back in iCleaner), than I select UniAW7_RC10_GroovyLock in GL, but with the same result as with convergance (black screen)

3rd.)
    I deinstalled the old groovyAPi, GL, and GB, and installed the new ones (groovyAPi+, GL+, and GB+). After I selected UniAW7_RC10_GroovyLock in GL+, I have no probs at my LS,everything runs fine, until my phone goes into deep sleep. When I woke up my i6 from deep sleep the clock and the weather didnt update anymore.(I use customLS to show my clock in my LS statusbar, with the help of that I can see if the clock stops or not)
    When the clock/weather stops from updating after I woke it up from deep sleep, I only have to unlock it one time and lock it back, and the clock/weather is updated. No respring required

4th.)
    I set GL+ to off state and disabled the GL+ dylib in iCleaner, to test UniAW7_RC10_GroovyLock with the new groovyAPi+ together with convergance, and it runs fine, too. Does that mean convergance doesnt need an update to run with the new groovyAPi?

Two things I think about is the LS delay, with GL+ we have only the standard delay from 7 seconds, with convergance we can set a custom delay time.
    The Other thing is GB+/sbhtml+, Can I use the "convert to GL+/GB+" tutorial from ND to make them work again in GB+/SBHTML+?

...and sometimes I get a white Wallpaper when GB+ is enabled.

I deinstalled groovyAPi+, GL+, and GB+ through cydia, did a respring and installed the old groovyAPi together with the old GL, but I cant install sbhtml anymore, cydia told me "size mismatch".

EDIT:
    ...fixed it by reinstall GB+ and after that install sbhmtl, than cydia removed GB+ automatic and I can install sbhtml
    Last edited by TiLT1oNE; 2014-12-31 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Default NEW THREAD FOR GROOVY API+ workarounds so not to clog older GL support
    Hey gang,
    On the advise of some of the helpful regulars here I've started a new thread to discuss all the 'respringing' workaround paradigms. We're cluttering the GroovyLock (original) and UniAW7 threads with a lot of stuff unrelated...

Follow me to the thread below as I try to harvest these support questions into one place. Please allow this thread to be for GroovyLock (original) functionality mainly.. Though we're not strict about 'on-topic' at MMi. I will be monitoring the new thread below MOSTLY.. so if you want to find me and others -- I'll be there..

Go here for respringing workaround scenarios with groovyAPI+ and GroovyLock+ and SBHTML+ and for possible widget rewrites..

Workaround Strategies iOS8 Respringing issues using groovyAPI+

And be thankful to Jake (GroovyCarrot) for all of this by clicking on his PayPal link - as without him there would be NO workarounds for this awful respringing. I'll be putting his PayPal link on page 1 of the new thread too..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (2014-12-31)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TiLT1oNE View Post
    I deinstalled groovyAPi+, GL+, and GB+ through cydia, did a respring and installed the old groovyAPi together with the old GL, but I cant install sbhtml anymore, cydia told me "size mismatch".

EDIT:
    ...fixed it by reinstall GB+ and after that install sbhmtl, than cydia removed GB+ automatic and I can install sbhtml
    I've asked you more questions in the new thread -- follow me there.. Link in last post before this one..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 879 Posts

I just install the new packages of a Groovylock and in my iPhone 5 i ve noticed that the lockscreen when goes to sleep and switch on again,has a lag to show the weather!!!
    Also on Groovybord+ when i am in an app and go to homescreen,needs about 3-4 seconds to show again the weather wall!!
    Is anyone had noticed the same things?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nik1975 View Post
    I just install the new packages of a Groovylock and in my iPhone 5 i ve noticed that the lockscreen when goes to sleep and switch on again,has a lag to show the weather!!!
    Also on Groovybord+ when i am in an app and go to homescreen,needs about 3-4 seconds to show again the weather wall!!
    Is anyone had noticed the same things?
    Yes. All normal small bugs. The 3-4 seconds lag on home screen can be fixed. The weather not showing can't easily be fixed.. Using the Cydia tweak "Insomnia" can help with LS problem.

In the morning I can tell you how to improve Homescreen lag.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (2015-01-01)

Default GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)
    Edit

Thanks

Yes. All normal small bugs. The 3-4 seconds lag on home screen can be fixed. The weather not showing can't easily be fixed.. Using the Cydia tweak "Insomnia" can help with LS problem.

Waiting man,you are not sleeping yet??????

Thanks

So the lockscreen delay we didn't have in previous Groovylock,and it fix now with insomnia,or only me have this bug?
    Especially after 5-6 min of lockscreen sleep I need to unlock lock the phone 2 times to work the theme with Groovylock!
    With insomnia is ok!Can we fix this in order not to have many tweaks(I don't know about insomnia and battery behaviour!)?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

So the lockscreen delay we didn't have in previous Groovylock,and it fix now with insomnia,or only me have this bug?
    Especially after 5-6 min of lockscreen sleep I need to unlock lock the phone 2 times to work the theme with Groovylock!
    With insomnia is ok!Can we fix this in order not to have many tweaks(I don't know about insomnia and battery behaviour!)?
    Until Groovycarrot gets a chance to see if he can build the sleep prevention or some other method to stop wkwebview from being killed when the phone is idle and not on power you will need to use insomnia. If you want the freezes to stop anyway.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (2015-01-01)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    When I wasn't using insomnia the LS would freeze and wouldn't reload at all.
    Uh huh. And that's why I recommended to install insomnia. It will stop the freezing. It won't stop the reloading. Groovycarrot put that in, so he has to take that function back out to stop that from happening.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-01), signori (2015-01-01)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Until Groovycarrot gets a chance to see if he can build the sleep prevention or some other method to stop wkwebview from being killed when the phone is idle and not on power you will need to use insomnia. If you want the freezes to stop anyway.
    Thanks Simon,do you have also something about Groovybord delay for homescreen because insomnia doesnt involve with this?

Thanks

So far from morning installation 0 resprings on my iPhone 5!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to nik1975 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2015-01-01)

Thanks

Thanks Simon,do you have also something about Groovybord delay for homescreen because insomnia doesnt involve with this?
    Hi Nik. I finally went to bed at 4 AM my time. To fix the two second delay on groovyboard running rc10 go into the style.css file and right near the top there's a "1" without an "s". You'll see a "2s" but then a "1" by itself near the word "fade in".. Place an "s" right after it to make it "1s".. Or even better - set it to "0.5s".. That should make it way better.. Though it can't be gotten rid of entirely.
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-02 at 02:03 AM. Reason: changed the file name to style.css after having said main.css which was wrong

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (2015-01-01)

Thanks

Should i also change the 2s or leave it?

Should i also change the 2s or leave it?
    I changed both to 0.5s

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bliken For This Useful Post:

NewD (2015-01-02)

Thanks

Me too,and it was on style.css,i didnt find anything on main.js!
    Yeah looks much better!!
    Thanks Grand and....Good Morning!!!

Thanks

And again,thanks for the tutorial,so funny and easy to make it everything alone!!

Thanks

And again,thanks for the tutorial,so funny and easy to make it everything alone!!
    Agreed!!. Knowledge is power.

Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast