Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1343

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)

Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    Thank you chevy, that's one of my favorite LS .
    Second that. Can't wait to get it back without resprings.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Werty12 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-12-29), NewD (2014-12-29)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Default The NEW quick and dirty method of updating your LS/SB widgets to GL+/GB+
    Hey there, friends. It's been a long day of working with code and starting to create a tutorial. Jake (GroovyCarrot) gave us a WONDERFUL gift this morning in a very simple fix that can be added to pretty much any WidgetWeather 1.0 or 2.0 LS or SB widget to have it work with no resprings using groovyAPI+, Groovylock+ and Groovyboard+ (page 118 of UniAW7 thread). It's just '1 line of code' that needs changing in your widgets.

Here's the only thing keeping me from wanting to give it to you right now: it will break your widgets for use in ANY OTHER LS players or for testing on your computer. It's a one way ticket over to it working ONLY in GroovyLock+ (if it's a LS) and only in Groovyboard+ (if it's an SB widget). My reticence in sharing it is also that "I"(we modders/coders) don't want to have to support 2 different versions of every widget as you try and use this one you've recoded for GL+ but still want to have one for Convergence or LockHTML4 or Cydgets or whatever... So I'm finalizing some code with Jake in the morning.. that will allow the NEXT tutorial I give you (though a little more complex) to work in any Lockscreen Player (except LBEvo) AND also allow for it to be tested on your computer if you're a modder. This method below will also prevent any 'multiple WW2 locations' from running.

But I know how long some of you have waited, especially on 6+, to have some of your favorite LockScreens run with NO RESPRINGS.... so though part of me knows I'm going to regret this lol!!.. I'll give you the simple, dirty method to get you stable....

But you must promise me this --- if you don't know squat about coding.. DO NOT TRY THIS!!!!!!!!! AND WHEN we finish the DUAL-MODE code (so your widgets will work in ANY player with no resprings) I'll ask you to work through my longer tutorial coming later. Deal? Deal.....

So here's the quick method:

STEP 1
    go into the Javascript folder and open main.js.
    and look for this line of code:
    Code:
    jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    ..and add two forward slashes in front of that line so it looks like this:
    Code:
    //jQuery.get(url, function(data) {
    STEP 2
    Now underneath that line of code that is now, what we call, 'commented out' (no longer running because of the 2 forward slashes)
    add this line of code:
    Code:
    groovyAPI.do ( { read: "widgetweather.xml" }, function(data) {
    Make sure nothing is after the last curved bracket '{' on that line..

Save the changes and you're done.

Simply - Choose your Lockscreen or SB widget in GroovyLock+ or GroovyBoard+ and no need to even Respring after.. And, if you're running no iWidgets, you should be random respring free.

Enjoy!

Be sure to send a donation to GroovyCarrot. He's SO the man for us, on SO many occasions.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-12-29 at 05:39 AM.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Azon3 (2015-02-15), Byamax (2015-09-02), Clem-Clone (2014-12-29), dmick89 (2014-12-30), jawonder (2014-12-29), kristatos (2014-12-29), lostinthemes (2014-12-29), oldskoolsk8r (2014-12-29), Padgoi (2015-01-02), Pibe77 (2014-12-29), shortysos7 (2014-12-29), signori (2014-12-29), st0n3parad0x (2014-12-29)

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Hey there, friends. It's been a long day of working with code and starting to create a tutorial. Jake (GroovyCarrot) gave us a WONDERFUL gift this morning in a very simple fix that can be added to pretty much any WidgetWeather 1.0 or 2.0 LS or SB widget to have it work with no resprings using groovyAPI+, Groovylock+ and Groovyboard+ (page 118 of UniAW7 thread). It's just '1 line of code' that needs changing in your widgets.

Here's the only thing keeping me from wanting to give it to you right now: it will break your widgets for use in ANY OTHER LS players or for testing on your computer. It's a one way ticket over to it working ONLY in GroovyLock+ (if it's a LS) and only in Groovyboard+ (if it's an SB widget). My reticence in sharing it is also that "I"(we modders/coders) don't want to have to support 2 different versions of every widget as you try and use this one you've recoded for GL+ but still want to have one for Convergence or LockHTML4 or Cydgets or whatever... So I'm finalizing some code with Jake in the morning.. that will allow the NEXT tutorial I give you (though a little more complex) to work in any Lockscreen Player (except LBEvo) AND also allow for it to be tested on your computer if you're a modder. This method below will also prevent any 'multiple WW2 locations' from running.

But I know how long some of you have waited, especially on 6+, to have some of your favorite LockScreens run with NO RESPRINGS.... so though part of me knows I'm going to regret this lol!!.. I'll give you the simple, dirty method to get you stable....

But you must promise me this --- if you don't know squat about coding.. DO NOT TRY THIS!!!!!!!!! AND WHEN we finish the DUAL-MODE code (so your widgets will work in ANY player with no resprings) I'll ask you to work through my longer tutorial coming later. Deal? Deal.....

STEP 1
    Code:
    Code:
    STEP 2
    Now underneath that line of code that is now, what we call, 'commented out' (no longer running because of the 2 forward slashes)
    add this line of code:
    Code:

Simply - Choose your Lockscreen or SB widget in GroovyLock+ or GroovyBoard+ and no need to even Respring after.. And, if you're running no iWidgets, you should be random respring free.

Enjoy!

Be sure to send a donation to GroovyCarrot. He's SO the man for us, on SO many occasions.
    Thanks very much for the quick code. I got one uniaw7 theme working. Will this code work with a older uniaw 6.4 theme. It didn't work at all before I added the code. It works now but its in Demo Mode. I have demo mode turned off. Weird.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

shortysos7 (2014-12-29)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    Thanks very much for the quick code. I got one uniaw7 theme working. Will this code work with a older uniaw 6.4 theme. It didn't work at all before I added the code. It works now but its in Demo Mode. I have demo mode turned off. Weird.
    It should work with older widgets. But I can't be sure - and Ian is no longer supporting 6.4. Why don't you use UniAW7?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

signori (2014-12-29)

Thanks

It should work with older widgets. But I can't be sure - and Ian is no longer supporting 6.4. Why don't you use UniAW7?
    Its one of Marty's themes. Its my favoruite and I love it. He might try to convert it to run on uniaw7 but its a lot of work. All I get is Offline for some reason.

Thanks

Default GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)
    Its one of Marty's themes. Its my favoruite and I love it. He might try to convert it to run on uniaw7 but its a lot of work. All I get is Offline for some reason.
    The older 6.4 Marty themes had Accuweather and Yahoo weather code calls in them and only ran on myLocation.txt. They are incompatible with this conversion. Only mods that get ALL their information from the widgetweather.xml file are workable with this conversion.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

signori (2014-12-29)

Thanks

The older 6.4 Marty themes had Accuweather and Yahoo weather code calls in them and only ran on myLocation.txt. They are incompatible with this conversion. Only mods that get ALL their information from the widgetweather.xml file are workable with this conversion.
    It says widgetweather in the title. That's to bad. Thanks.

Thanks

Hey there. Everything seems to be working great so far. But I have one problem with groovyboard+ running uniaw7 theme. Sometimes when I unlock my phone the widget doesn't appear and very thing is white behind the icons. I have to respring to get the widget back. I am using day night wallpapers. I never had this problem before.Not sure if it GB or the widget.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 984 Posts

STEP 1
    Code:
    Code:
    STEP 2
    add this line of code:
    Code:

Enjoy!

I tried with another LS widget and it works great at the moment, thank you very much!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pibe77 For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-12-29), shortysos7 (2014-12-29)

Thanks

It says widgetweather in the title. That's to bad. Thanks.
    .zip it up for me and send to me.. I will take a look.. But I'm pretty sure 6.4 was only partially WW. But I will look..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

signori (2014-12-29)

Thanks

Default GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)
    Hey there. Everything seems to be working great so far. But I have one problem with groovyboard+ running uniaw7 theme. Sometimes when I unlock my phone the widget doesn't appear and very thing is white behind the icons. I have to respring to get the widget back. I am using day night wallpapers. I never had this problem before.Not sure if it GB or the widget.
    This is a known bug - mentioned several times earlier in this or the UniAW7 thread. Remember this is very early beta software to help you get rid of resprings.. It doesn't work perfectly yet.

Thanks

.zip it up for me and send to me.. I will take a look.. But I'm pretty sure 6.4 was only partially WW. But I will look..
    Here you go. Thanks for taking a look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v6r3y1db4...niAW6.rar?dl=0

Hey there, friends. It's been a long day of working with code and starting to create a tutorial. Jake (GroovyCarrot) gave us a WONDERFUL

So I'm finalizing some code with Jake in the morning.. that will allow the NEXT tutorial I give you (though a little more complex) to work in any Lockscreen Player (except LBEvo) AND also allow for it to be tested on your computer if you're a modder.
    Pardon my question here. What do you use to mod/view/edit these files on your computer?
    I'm using simple text editors, etc. to mod the files, using Cyberduck on my Mac Pro.
    is there then a way to emulate these on my computer first?
    I'm and old programmer/modder, but not up tp speed here regarding new tools.
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Clem-Clone View Post
    Pardon my question here. What do you use to mod/view/edit these files on your computer?
    I'm using simple text editors, etc. to mod the files, using Cyberduck on my Mac Pro.
    is there then a way to emulate these on my computer first?
    I'm and old programmer/modder, but not up tp speed here regarding new tools.
    TIA
    Try this:

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-ne...ml#post6859285

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Clem-Clone (2014-12-29), kristatos (2014-12-29)

Thanks

Here you go. Thanks for taking a look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v6r3y1db4...niAW6.rar?dl=0
    Signori, in checking with Jake this morning on some other issues I think I have an easy fix for you to try - before I look at your widget personally.. Instead of the line:
    Code:
    ...that you just added.. Try this line instead:
    Code:
    groovyAPI.do ( { read: "myLocation.txt" }, function(data) {
    Let me know if that makes it work...

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Can't get to the 'Properties' type section onna Mac

Thanks

.....I'm going crazy.............if I put on charge my iphone, the widgets in LS, UniAW7_RC10_GroovyLock and WW2.0_base_Chevymusclecar (I had changed thanks to the tutorial) work very well, if it is not being charged, the clock does not update, weather is not updated, remains locked !!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pibe77 View Post
    .....I'm going crazy.............if I put on charge my iphone, the widgets in LS, UniAW7_RC10_GroovyLock and WW2.0_base_Chevymusclecar (I had changed thanks to the tutorial) work very well, if it is not being charged, the clock does not update, weather is not updated, remains locked !!!
    Please read the what I just told someone a few posts ago. This is a known bug in GL+, well a bug in WKWebView in 8.1.2. It's a Javascript timer bug Apple needs to fix in WKWebview (the more stable html playing mechanism) that ISN'T broken in UIWebView (the html playing mechanism that gives us all the respringing).

So you can have:
    1) LOTS of respringing and 'running clocks' and 'updating weather' on your LS - or you can have -
    2) no resprings and clocks and weather that only update AFTER you respring on your LS.

Your choice... But you can't have both yet until Apple gives us 8.2 and we get a jailbreak for it..

You're not doing anything wrong with the widget. You converted it correctly.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

Pibe77 (2014-12-29)

Thanks

Please read the what I just told someone a few posts ago. This is a known bug in GL+, well a bug in WKWebView in 8.1.2. It's a Javascript timer bug Apple needs to fix in WKWebview (the more stable html playing mechanism) that ISN'T broken in UIWebView (the html playing mechanism that gives us all the respringing).

So you can have:
    1) LOTS of respringing and 'running clocks' and 'updating weather' on your LS - or you can have -
    2) no resprings and clocks and weather that only update AFTER you respring on your LS.

Your choice... But you can't have both yet until Apple gives us 8.2 and we get a jailbreak for it..

You're not doing anything wrong with the widget. You converted it correctly.
    You've been very clear, thank you! I did not realize that this bug would include the battery ..in charge and not!
    Sorry

Inviato a vapore dal mio iPhone 6

Quote Originally Posted by Clem-Clone View Post
    Can't get to the 'Properties' type section onna Mac
    Go to the very last post on page 4 of that thread!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast