Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoerzel View Post
    free 64 GB and 50 GB of memory? I have the bur Theme 77 Blue installed. What makes the memory full? I have no idea and am grateful for the help.
    Free RAM. Not free storage. Two different things.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-12-05), dmick89 (2014-12-07), King_O_Hill (2014-12-04), kristatos (2014-12-05), lostinthemes (2014-12-04)

Hey guys, I hope I'm not asking something that has been asked a bunch. Is there a way to resize themes to work on the 6+? such as Surrogate?
    EDIT: Trying to Edit the style.css right now. We will see haha
    EDIT: Got it Thanks
    Last edited by incubus26jc; 2014-12-05 at 05:15 PM.

what in god's name consumes as much RAM? SB Settings does not work with ios 8.1,

Quote Originally Posted by incubus26jc View Post
    Hey guys, I hope I'm not asking something that has been asked a bunch. Is there a way to resize themes to work on the 6+? such as Surrogate?
    EDIT: Trying to Edit the style.css right now. We will see haha
    EDIT: Got it Thanks
    Better to do it in the html with a small js script rather than in the CSS

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

6. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

incubus26jc (2014-12-06)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoerzel View Post
    what in god's name consumes as much RAM? SB Settings does not work with ios 8.1,
    I'd say iOS 8 in general is using up most of the ram. Doesn't leave much for us jailbreakers and our tweaks/themes.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-12-06), dmick89 (2014-12-07), King_O_Hill (2014-12-06)

I am alone with this problem? needs the '77 Blue theme by as much RAM I have this many crash? Locksreen I have already turned off.
    3 times open an app and connect the next time there is a crash!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Default GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I'd say iOS 8 in general is using up most of the ram. Doesn't leave much for us jailbreakers and our tweaks/themes.
    And it's even worse on 6+ since it uses a unique firmware to accomplish its additional 6 "plus-ey" things that 6 doesn't have.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

bliken (2014-12-06)

My iPhone is a Part of Me signori's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey there. I am having a little problem with Groovylock and a UniAW theme. The problem is when I get a phone call and I answer it at the locksreen and then end the call the widget doesn't appear again unless I go into the phone and then it will come back. Not a real big problem. Also I can't wait for the new updated Groovylock for ios 8. Hopefully it will help us 6 plus users so can not get so many resprings. Thanks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to signori For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-12-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 25,535 Times in 4,393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signori View Post
    Hey there. I am having a little problem with Groovylock and a UniAW theme. The problem is when I get a phone call and I answer it at the locksreen and then end the call the widget doesn't appear again unless I go into the phone and then it will come back. Not a real big problem. Also I can't wait for the new updated Groovylock for ios 8. Hopefully it will help us 6 plus users so can not get so many resprings. Thanks.
    hey bro I got lots of resprings too especially when I got notifications, hope they'll fix this probelm soon, I'm on 6+
    dBar
    HAFU MAN Follow me @Simonjap63

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smr_95 For This Useful Post:

oldskoolsk8r (2014-12-16), signori (2014-12-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smr_95 View Post
    hey bro I got lots of resprings too especially when I got notifications, hope they'll fix this probelm soon, I'm on 6+
    A new version is being worked on and the results look extremely promising. Jake has implemented a new method into LS widgets and so far, it is 100 times more stable on my 6+. This is even with full animations running with UNIAW 7.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

dadyajie (2014-12-16), jawonder (2014-12-16), lostinthemes (2014-12-16), NewD (2014-12-18), oldskoolsk8r (2014-12-16), Padgoi (2014-12-26), signori (2014-12-16)

This problem lies within iOS. While we may have a fix for it, it really needs to be patched in iOS!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dadyajie (2014-12-16), jawonder (2014-12-16), lostinthemes (2014-12-16), oldskoolsk8r (2014-12-16), signori (2014-12-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    This problem lies within iOS. While we may have a fix for it, it really needs to be patched in iOS!
    Yes! Excellent observation. Glad we have crackerjack devs to help us write workarounds for Apple's shotty work.

Anyone know if it's possible to use jQuery to set the height of a div on the go? I've tried this:

$(document).ready(function() {
    setCircleWidth();
    });

function setCircleWidth() {
    var circlewidth = $("#clock").width();
    $("#clock").css({
    "height": circlewidth + "px"
    });
    }
    and it doesn't seem to work.

Default GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolCakeLazors View Post
    Anyone know if it's possible to use jQuery to set the height of a div on the go? I've tried this:

and it doesn't seem to work.
    var circlewidth = $('#circle').css('width');
    $("#circle').css('height',circlewidth);

That is if you want the height to be the same as the width and the circle is a div and not an image wrapped in a div. If it is an image you may need to call the img of that div.
    $("#circle img').css('height',circlewidth);

Pure JavaScript would be faster as it's basically what jQuery calls.

var circlewidth = document.getElementById('circle').style.width;

document.getElementById('circle').style.height=cir clewidth;

Pretty sure you don't need to concatinate "px" might want console.log(circlewidth); to see if it already contains it.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-12-18 at 08:03 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

LolCakeLazors (2014-12-18)

I just tried and it's not working.

My JS:

$(document).ready(function() {
    var circlewidth = document.getElementById('circle').style.width;
    document.getElementById('circle').style.height=cir clewidth;
    }
    HTML:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
    <title>polarbear</title>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width = device-width, initial-scale = 1, user-scalable = no"/>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="main.css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/main.js"></script>
    </head>

<body>
    <div id="clock">
    <div id="time"> </div>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>
    Not sure why but circlewidth is one word in my code. It's automatically spacing it in the quote block.

I just tried and it's not working.

My JS:

HTML:

Not sure why but circlewidth is one word in my code. It's automatically spacing it in the quote block.
    Have you done any console.log? It will tell you everything you need to know.

You are still using jQuery even when you don't need. If you want an onload function just add to the body.

Here is an example on changing width based on height.

Edit fiddle - JSFiddle

Also use code blocks not quote blocks.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-12-18 at 09:05 PM.

Where would you find the output for Console.log if you're directly testing it with your iPhone?

Also I'm using load() with jQuery now so it should fire after the element is loaded.

Code:
    $('#clock').load(function() {
    	setCircleWidth();
    	alert("Done"); //Alert not popping up?
    });

Where would you find the output for Console.log if you're directly testing it with your iPhone?

Also I'm using load() with jQuery now so it should fire after the element is loaded.

Code:
    $('#clock').load(function() {
    setCircleWidth();
    alert("Done"); //Alert not popping up?
    });
    Why not test on the Mac/PC first? If you're trying to test in GroovyLock you're just asking for a headache, and multiple resprings if you are using external js files.

It was working fine on JSFiddle, that's why and when I try to do the same thing on GroovyLock, it doesn't work.

Edit fiddle - JSFiddle
    Last edited by LolCakeLazors; 2014-12-18 at 09:35 PM.

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 483 Posts

Hi guys, sorry I haven't popped in for a while since I've been busy. A note for the above issue, it seems that alert() no longer works on the lockscreen in iOS 8. Now I have both good and bad news on my HTML platform tweaks, I've had to go a different direction with GL and SBHTML as the methods employed in iOS 7 no longer work and all the bugs remain. Apple has created a new wrapper for WebKit in iOS 8 but it's still buggy as hell and breaks pretty much every lockscreen in existence.

So what I've done is rewritten groovyAPI to inject into the new WebKit wrapper and provide solutions to the bugs, it's not perfect but it does the job. The main bug at the moment is that the new class cannot read from the local filesystem (yeah Apple really screwed that one up), groovyAPI will allow you to read a file from the Documents directory with:
    Code:
    groovyAPI.do(
        {read: "Location.txt"},
        function(data) {
            // data is the file in string format.
        }
    );
    So it's not quite jQuery.get() which does, annoyingly, mean that all lockscreens that require reading a local file will need rewriting (if only a minor adjustment, but still quite frustrating).

Now other bugs involve WebKit stopping all javascript timers after the phone has been asleep for a while, which again breaks pretty much every lockscreen with a clock. I'm working on a way around the issue but haven't had much luck yet - though my time has been quite limited here so hopefully I'll get that solved over the next couple of days/after Christmas.

So with all this massive inconvenience and pain to convert all lockscreens to this new method, the perk is simply: significant improvements to memory and CPU management. In fact, next to no random resprings or safe modes. So it seems Apple see this being the replacement for the old method in iOS 8 even though they failed to adequately test it, or document it enough for developers to take time to test it for them in the iOS 8 betas. Over time we should expect to see the webkit bugs patched, which should hopefully allow for us to patch them ourselves for jailbroken iOS versions; but in the mean while and indeed after they have been patched, groovyAPI will provide a solution to this major bug.

Since WidgetWeather is recommended for accessing weather information from the device, you can use groovyAPI.do({read:}) but I've implemented a direct way of accessing the WW data with:
    Code:
    groovyAPI(
        'getWidgetWeather',
        function(data) {
            // data is an object read directly from the widgetweather.xml file.
        }
    );
    You can see an example dump of a Widget Weather data object: [jQuery] WW JSON Example - Pastebin.com

Now if your lockscreen doesn't read from the local filesystem, and doesn't have any timers then you may be lucky enough for the transition to be quite smooth. Either way we won't know fully without it being tested on various lockscreens, so I'm asking for some developers to take some time and feedback at the moment before anything is publicly released

---

So here is the new groovyAPI+ package:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/enr1pjqxf4...B_1.0.deb?dl=0

Here is GroovyLock+ beta2 using the new WebKit wrapper:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oe1ig6ydam...beta2.deb?dl=0

And GroovyBoard+ RC1 using the new WebKit wrapper:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxfj8l0bfl...1.0rc.deb?dl=0

Please understand the following before we start jumping and installing. These packages conflict their predecessors and will ask you remove them. Mainly to reinforce the fact that old themes are no longer compatible. And please don't spam this thread complaining that a lockscreen isn't working. Unless you have specific information regarding what programmatically isn't working on a theme then your post isn't going to help anyone, and I struggle to find the time to read through these threads without having to go through pages of complaints

Merry Christmas to you all too

30. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Best01 (2014-12-25), bliken (2014-12-25), burrzoo (2015-02-02), chevymusclecar (2014-12-25), dakkota (2014-12-28), dmick89 (2014-12-25), EricB78 (2014-12-25), fireshamie (2015-02-02), Hip5 (2014-12-25), hoang4341 (2015-10-02), iRyanKGT (2015-06-27), jawonder (2014-12-25), kristatos (2014-12-25), lostinthemes (2014-12-25), MamaJaay (2014-12-25), Marmoul (2014-12-27), metaserph (2014-12-25), mossdef (2014-12-25), NewD (2014-12-25), nik1975 (2014-12-25), oldskoolsk8r (2014-12-25), Padgoi (2014-12-26), serky (2014-12-25), Simon (2014-12-25), st0n3parad0x (2014-12-25), TiLT1oNE (2014-12-25)

Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast