Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)

It is pulling it from iOS, just as WW does.

He is working on a complete API listing too.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

andy9l (2014-08-04), Boots (2014-08-04), kristatos (2014-08-04)

Thanks buddy. Perfect.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

Thanks GC, 1.5.4 working perfectly now.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jawonder For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (2014-08-04)

1.5.4 is an excellent release - nice work GC.

A couple of minor bugs/issues I noticed whilst re-working my LS to use the GL API this evening...

1. "Load LockScreen instantly" seems to cause weather information fetching (via GL API) to fail immediately after a respring
    - Only workaround I'm using for now is looping retries (1 second delay, with a 3 try limit). Seems to succeed before LS is shown on try 2 or 3

2. When "Load LockScreen instantly" is not enabled, my media queries for iPhone 4 are being applied on a 5s. This is also true when "Destroy LockScreen when idle" is checked
    - I'm basing media queries off height (@media: (min-height...){}), not width

I also tried a few of the API snippets you mentioned earlier - all worked perfectly.

Thanks for the updates. Finally uninstalled WidgetWeather!

What was wrong with WW?

You could have uninstalled at any time if you didn't like it.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    What was wrong with WW?

That's what I did. Shove that tweak right up your *** King.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-08-05), King_O_Hill (2014-08-05), NewD (2014-08-05)

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy9l View Post
    1.5.4 is an excellent release - nice work GC.

A couple of minor bugs/issues I noticed whilst re-working my LS to use the GL API this evening...

1. "Load LockScreen instantly" seems to cause weather information fetching (via GL API) to fail immediately after a respring
    - Only workaround I'm using for now is looping retries (1 second delay, with a 3 try limit). Seems to succeed before LS is shown on try 2 or 3

2. When "Load LockScreen instantly" is not enabled, my media queries for iPhone 4 are being applied on a 5s. This is also true when "Destroy LockScreen when idle" is checked
    - I'm basing media queries off height (@media: (min-height...){}), not width

I also tried a few of the API snippets you mentioned earlier - all worked perfectly.

Thanks for the updates. Finally uninstalled WidgetWeather!
    Hey thanks for the feedback, I appreciate the thorough testing. The reason why the weather data isn't fetching right off a respring is probably because the lockscreen is loaded before the weather service is even available for GL to pull data from. When I implemented the fail callback, to be honest I didn't think it would have much of a use, but I figured it would be useful in these situations which tend to occur. Making repeat and timed attempts to get GL to pull the data is the way I personally would have handled it too but I wouldn't know how the load time for the weather service varies across devices.

Regarding the second issue, I can't off the top of my head imagine why this would be the case, but I will definitely look into it for you. I know it's less than ideal but a temp solution could be to do some quick JavaScript checks after the page has loaded to be sure it's all as expected.

I will always be an avid supporter of WidgetWeather, when I first put GroovyLock together I only intended it to be a quick, albeit bodge-job solution for a LockScreen platform while there was none available in iOS 7. Back then I wasn't expecting to really work to bring GroovyLock to be competitive, especially since I don't monetise it. I pushed for the use of WW when I released GL, mainly because a global solution to an issue - being that WW will work with not only GL but every other widget platform. I think implementing this kind of functionality directly into the platform is probably more appropriate for a developer but I still think WW is a necessary alternative for those that aren't willing to commit to just using GroovyLock It seems to just need some bits ironing down to suit all users, I'm not sure why it didn't take as I have never seen an issue with it personally.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

bliken (2014-08-05), chevymusclecar (2014-08-05), jawonder (2014-08-05), King_O_Hill (2014-08-05), NewD (2014-08-05), tito12 (2014-08-05)

Thanks for the support Jake, I'm sure that the entire WW team appreciates it, I know that I do!

But you know that I didn't really mean any ill intent with my comment. I was just surprised that someone was so willing to ditch it with such glee!

This is turning out to be amazing and I will always provide any support that I can!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-08-05), jawonder (2014-08-05), Krima (2014-08-05), lostinthemes (2014-08-09), NewD (2014-08-05), tito12 (2014-08-05)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Default GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)
    Leave it to Jake (GroovyCarrot) & Brian (King_O_Hill) to show mutual support to each other even though one product could replace the need for the other.

Way to show collegiality, gentlemen! And commitment to the betterment of the community over ego! Honored to know you two!!

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (2014-08-05), King_O_Hill (2014-08-05), lostinthemes (2014-08-09), MamaJaay (2014-08-05), tito12 (2014-08-05)

Thanks

Hey jake awesome work thanks mate.

Just had an issue clashing with lockinfo7 that I ran into after using your updates. Loads of crashes and some safe modes.
    Crash reporter gave lock weather 7 (from lockinfo) as the culprit for safe modes so I disabled that in icleaner but still get crashes that are just basically resprings, not safe modes.

I have reverted back to 1.1 and it's all fine but wanted to let you know so maybe it could be looked at?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Splatty79 View Post
    Hey jake awesome work thanks mate.

Just had an issue clashing with lockinfo7 that I ran into after using your updates. Loads of crashes and some safe modes.
    Crash reporter gave lock weather 7 (from lockinfo) as the culprit for safe modes so I disabled that in icleaner but still get crashes that are just basically resprings, not safe modes.

I have reverted back to 1.1 and it's all fine but wanted to let you know so maybe it could be looked at?

Cheers

If you really want to get this sorted, please send the crash reports and the syslog. That's the only way we can troubleshoot it. And when I say we, I mean Jake!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Splatty79 (2014-08-05)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Splatty79 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-08-05)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    What was wrong with WW?

Nothing wrong with it at all. I run the absolute minimum number tweaks on my 5s, that's all.

I wasn't yearning for the chance to uninstall, I just prefer using one tweak over two. I swiftly uninstalled customLS after purchasing Springtomize 3 for the same reason. CustomLS was great, but I didn't need it anymore.

It wasn't a dig. WW served me well.

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Hey thanks for the feedback, I appreciate the thorough testing. The reason why the weather data isn't fetching right off a respring is probably because the lockscreen is loaded before the weather service is even available for GL to pull data from. When I implemented the fail callback, to be honest I didn't think it would have much of a use, but I figured it would be useful in these situations which tend to occur. Making repeat and timed attempts to get GL to pull the data is the way I personally would have handled it too but I wouldn't know how the load time for the weather service varies across devices.
    No worries. As I mentioned earlier, when a tweak removes a sort-of-dependency for another tweak - I'm all in. GL is becoming very impressive.

Yep that makes sense, it really is pin-pointed to a respring, in that 1-3 second period when the LS has loaded but the phone is still being slow and presumably running launch daemons.

Regarding the second issue, I can't off the top of my head imagine why this would be the case, but I will definitely look into it for you. I know it's less than ideal but a temp solution could be to do some quick JavaScript checks after the page has loaded to be sure it's all as expected.
    I might do a quick LS that prints out 'browser' window size, and let you know what it outputs. In the meanwhile, I might just use JS to detect device type and use the old-school html class method.

I will always be an avid supporter of WidgetWeather, when I first put GroovyLock together I only intended it to be a quick, albeit bodge-job solution for a LockScreen platform while there was none available in iOS 7. Back then I wasn't expecting to really work to bring GroovyLock to be competitive, especially since I don't monetise it. I pushed for the use of WW when I released GL, mainly because a global solution to an issue - being that WW will work with not only GL but every other widget platform. I think implementing this kind of functionality directly into the platform is probably more appropriate for a developer but I still think WW is a necessary alternative for those that aren't willing to commit to just using GroovyLock It seems to just need some bits ironing down to suit all users, I'm not sure why it didn't take as I have never seen an issue with it personally.
    I was in no way bashing WW - I've been happily using it since I jailbroke. It's better than anything I could do, so I'm not one to put it down.

As you mentioned, having direct access to an API is just that bit cleaner than depending on one or more other tweaks. That is all.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andy9l For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-08-05), Krima (2014-08-05), lostinthemes (2014-08-09)

Hey GroovyCarrot,

I still have problems using the actual groovylock.
    My i5g on 7.0.6 is behaving silly with the actual version since the update of 1.2 up to 1.5.2
    My notifications on the Lockscreen are not "slideable", I always get directly to the homescreen. Even if I have multiple or just one single notifications. Randomly it works...

I'm back on 1.1.0 where it works perfectly.

Can we figure out, where the problem is?

Thanks in advance
    Hoffi1986

Quote Originally Posted by andy9l View Post
    I might do a quick LS that prints out 'browser' window size, and let you know what it outputs. In the meanwhile, I might just use JS to detect device type and use the old-school html class method.
    What method are you using for the resize? I'm currently using this and it's working perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    I recently did this via a PM request, it's Dacal's code for auto detecting iph4 or iph5, I know Dacal won't mind, I just weeded it out of the UniAW and kinda set it up as a base for themers that wish to have this awesome function.

I am aware it might not need the code referring to changing javascript files but I left it in anyway just incase.

All credit goes to Dacal for this brilliant idea. Thanks pal.

http://modmyi.com/attachments/forums...h4_or_iph5.zip

25. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-08-05)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    What method are you using for the resize? I'm currently using this and it's working perfectly.
    I'm using CSS @media queries at the moment, trying to avoid JS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffi1986 View Post
    Hey GroovyCarrot,

I still have problems using the actual groovylock.
    My i5g on 7.0.6 is behaving silly with the actual version since the update of 1.2 up to 1.5.2
    My notifications on the Lockscreen are not "slideable", I always get directly to the homescreen. Even if I have multiple or just one single notifications. Randomly it works...

I'm back on 1.1.0 where it works perfectly.

Can we figure out, where the problem is?

Thanks in advance
    Hoffi1986

Even if you aren't crashing, a syslog might tell us something if you have one. Again, when I say "us", I mean Jake!

How do I get the syslog? Sorry, but I'm still not completely familiar with some things

Greets

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoffi1986 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-08-05)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffi1986 View Post
    How do I get the syslog? Sorry, but I'm still not completely familiar with some things

Greets

You need to have "syslogd" installed from Cydia then you can find the log here:

/var/log

31. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (2014-08-09)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

I haven't used my Fingerprint Sensor for months now since i was using Highly Animated Lockscreens which doesn't play well with apple passcode. I tried using it yesterday with GroovyLock and i cannot get it to work.

Is that a known problem with GroovyLock not working with Fingerprint Sensor ?.

Edit: Just tested Sensor with Convergance and it's working, so it's something to do with GroovyLock.
    Last edited by jawonder; 2014-08-05 at 05:26 PM.

Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast