Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,817 Times in 2,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
    guyd not sure if the question already been asked but i have a problem with fonts.. i use miWeather with GroovyLock and sometimes the font on lockscreen keep changing.. could this be a conflict with Bytafont 2?
    Miweather questions can probably be answered by June on his thread. https://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-new-skins-themes-launches/833804-miweather-groovylock-%thread_page%-print.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (2014-01-25), King_O_Hill (2014-01-25), Simon (2014-01-25)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,463 Times in 7,695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Lol, I wouldn't say it is unusable. Sure if you sit there and wave it around non stop for a few minutes (which is fun I must say) you are gonna get a crash. Just normal use though and it doesn't crash very often on me, few times a day, and it's only a respring, I never get safe mode from it (on my 5s anyway). Runs like a champ on my i5 on 6.1, can wave that thing around all day and still be good. Maybe we'll have that kind of stability again one day. Until then I have updated the links in my post with them, both versions now have a lockbackground.html in them with no parallax effect, just the walls, weather and slideshow. Still sexy, without the crashes (I hope). Just rename the original to LockBackgroundparallax.html (or whatever you wish to name it) and rename the LockBackgroundnoparallax.html to the normal LockBackground.html.
    Good general idea! I don't understand you guys without safe mode crashing. I've never had a single " auto respring" on any phone I've ever owned. Never seen it. Do you have SubstrateSafeMode installed ? If not - that's why you're not seeing SafeMode crashes. But an unexpected respring or SafeMode crash every ten-thirty minutes is still "unusable" to me. Now if you don't wish to use Winterboard or iWidgets for any "zazz" on your phone then I'm sure you're getting more space between random resprings. .. But an unthemeable jb'en phone is pretty useless to me..

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

anhtuanle84 (2014-01-25), Simon (2014-01-25)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Sadly this has nothing to do with the developer of GroovyLock (GroovyCarrot)- nor the creator of the LockScreen (Simon). It's a bug in Apple's 7.0.4 firmware that isn't fixed until 7.1.. which has no jailbreak..

HTML Lockscreens with Parallax motion or animations just crash 7.0.4. This is why Saurik is taking so long to update WinterBoard to include HTML on LS and SB.
    Right on, I do remember when winterboard went live that saurik mentioned that he should have never made PNGs and HTML code for LSs.

I didn't know that it was the motion or animations that caused the crash and it's firmware specific. Thanks for the info bro!

Lol, I wouldn't say it is unusable. Sure if you sit there and wave it around non stop for a few minutes (which is fun I must say) you are gonna get a crash. Just normal use though and it doesn't crash very often on me, few times a day, and it's only a respring, I never get safe mode from it (on my 5s anyway). Runs like a champ on my i5 on 6.1, can wave that thing around all day and still be good. Maybe we'll have that kind of stability again one day. Until then I have updated the links in my post with them, both versions now have a lockbackground.html in them with no parallax effect, just the walls, weather and slideshow. Still sexy, without the crashes (I hope). Just rename the original to LockBackgroundparallax.html (or whatever you wish to name it) and rename the LockBackgroundnoparallax.html to the normal LockBackground.html.
    Nice! When the crashes were happening I had a feeling it was because of the parallax effect or animation and figured I don't need the effect anyways. Just the transition and the LS template was more than adaquate. Thanks for the link!
    Last edited by anhtuanle84; 2014-01-25 at 05:10 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anhtuanle84 For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (2014-01-25), Simon (2014-01-25)

iPhone? More like MyPhone alfox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jawonder View Post
    Nice and light, loving this.

Durban where can i get the wallpaper in your second screen shot ?.
    good day.i just noticed that you have status notifier for your sms in this picture.i hope you wont mind if i ask what tweak is this called and does this work for ios7 ip5s?tia

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Good general idea! I don't understand you guys without safe mode crashing. I've never had a single " auto respring" on any phone I've ever owned. Never seen it. Do you have SubstrateSafeMode installed ? If not - that's why you're not seeing SafeMode crashes. But an unexpected respring or SafeMode crash every ten-thirty minutes is still "unusable" to me. Now if you don't wish to use Winterboard or iWidgets for any "zazz" on your phone then I'm sure you're getting more space between random resprings. .. But an unthemeable jb'en phone is pretty useless to me..
    Ya, I run really minimal besides my lockscreens. Have ayecon enabled and 1 iWidget that has no animation. Also noticed if I turn on reduce motion in accessibility it seems to help with less crashes. The parallax effect using js is definitely the biggest culprit for crashes I have found, more so than regular CSS animations. Find myself doing similar things that I did with live wallpaper on my Mac when we were messing with that. Eliminate all animation except for simple (but still cool looking) transitions between wallpapers. And then the weather info of course which seems to be fine as far as not causing crashes. Working on getting a "ken burns" transition going between wallpapers right now, pretty cool effect, google the name if you don't know what it is (I didn't before today). So far with my test ones I have had zero crashes.

And yes, I have substrate safe mode installed. Don't know why I don't go into safe mode when a LS crashes. I don't even get a crash report from these random resprings, maybe it's because it's apples own code that is crashing and not a Cydia tweak. I had similar resprings before I even jailbroke on iOS 7. Only ever had resprings like that normally on beta firmware before iOS 7, guess that goes to show how much beta is still in iOS 7.

This is what I got so far:

http://youtu.be/mo8Nr0aLwck

Still got a little more work to do on it but I like the zooming effect. And no crashes yet (knock on wood).

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (2014-01-25), lostinthemes (2014-01-25), The_Durben (2014-01-25)

Quote Originally Posted by colinlaughton View Post
    Many thanks!

Was actually stoopid winter board and hide icon labels (which I prefer)

Any chance we can have both?? LS weather AND hidden labels?

Colin
    Bigify supports no icon labels...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (2014-01-25)

so i noticed fairly quickly that my city doesnt change.. it seems to only get updated if i respring.. i know somebody mentioned it earlier in this thread but i couldnt figure out the fix.. is there something that i need to change to get it working properly? also, thanks durben for the awesome tweak!

iPhone? More like MyPhone alfox's Avatar
    Thanks

good day Durben.i saw your picture posts and i noticed that you have statusbar notifier and it shows icons of sms on your statusbar.i hope its ok with you if i ask what cydia tweak you used to activate that.pls share bro.tia.

My Lock Screen:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cerber24 For This Useful Post:

P0R7ER (2014-01-25)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,481 Times in 2,139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alfox View Post
    good day.i just noticed that you have status notifier for your sms in this picture.i hope you wont mind if i ask what tweak is this called and does this work for ios7 ip5s?tia
    I think that's from BiteSMS .

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jawonder For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (2014-01-25)

I'm addicted to jailbreak lostinthemes's Avatar
    Thanks

I have my 17 LS themes rocking in GroovyLock (all depend on UniAW 6), all with animations and have no crash at all
    These are the tweaks and apps installed on my iPh4s iOS 7.0.4...

WinterBoard
    TransparentDock
    Advanced Preferences
    iFile
    Activator
    RespringCacheFix
    UIDeviceCrasher
    FlipControlCenter
    Curiosa
    Purge
    Gridlock 2.0
    InfiniBoard
    NoPageDots7
    UnlockSound7
    Icon Renamer
    NoSpot iOS7
    customLS
    iBlacklist
    BlurBar
    biteSMS
    Widget Weather
    GroovyLock
    Cydget
    iOS 6 Charging Sound for iOS 7

Maybe can help you...

Thanks

And yes, I have substrate safe mode installed. Don't know why I don't go into safe mode when a LS crashes. I don't even get a crash report from these random resprings, maybe it's because it's apples own code that is crashing and not a Cydia tweak. I had similar resprings before I even jailbroke on iOS 7. Only ever had resprings like that normally on beta firmware before iOS 7, guess that goes to show how much beta is still in iOS 7.

This is what I got so far:

Still got a little more work to do on it but I like the zooming effect. And no crashes yet (knock on wood).
    Looks fabulous Simon! And thanks for the option on your parallax LS to run without the effect.. I just love the walls you've chosen and the layout. It looks AMAZING on my 5 on 6.1.2. Can't wait to have that look on my 5S.

Have you noticed that wall pngs from MJ's library look less vibrant on iOS 7? They're crystal clear on iOS 6.. I wonder if there's some filtering happening in iOS 7 that washes out the pics. Everything text and functionality-wise I like better on iOS 7.. But images are way more crystal to me on iOS 6.

It's just plain weird that we're on the same phone - same iOS and you don't get crashes but resprings. And I never get resprings and only crashes.. And that I've never, in 7 years, even seen a random respring..maybe I'm always pushing my phone harder than you.. Lol!! But weird..

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Bigify supports no icon labels...
    So does the new version of iconOmatic.

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemes View Post
    I have my 17 LS themes rocking in GroovyLock (all depend on UniAW 6), all with animations and have no crash at all
    These are the tweaks and apps installed on my iPh4s iOS 7.0.4...

Maybe can help you...
    Thanks. But as has been mentioned in several posts on this topic. The problem seems to be confined mostly to 5S phones. 4,4S,5 & 5C seem to be doing better with animation themes in GroovyLock on 7.0.4.

And you don't need RespringCacheFix in iOS 7. It doesn't do anything.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-01-25 at 02:19 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (2014-01-25), Simon (2014-01-25)

Thanks

No, I hadn't noticed that. Gonna put them side by side and see if I notice it.

Thanks

No, I hadn't noticed that. Gonna put them side by side and see if I notice it.
    And did you grab MJWall images from her original libraries on Copy.com? or did you get them from the MJWalls app?

I really want to like his tweak so I can get HTML locks on my lock screen. I am using a spare 4s on IOS 7 (obviously). From reading I've seen some say the Crashing is majority occurring on 5s. I have disabled Groovylock and/or removed it and everything runs fine. No crashes. I have a full screen UNIAW iwidget and a small iwidget in my SB. My crashing when I apply just about any lock using Groovylock is very frequent. This with an animated or non animated lock.

Here is a screenshot of a Crash Reporter bit it doesn't really tell me anything other than mostly springboard crashes. And also a screen of my installed tweaks. Not sure what I'm missing. I'm using an IOS7 theme in Cydia and it's checked off in Winterboard if that makes any difference

A list of my installed tweaks and the crashes on crash reporter.

What am I missing or doing wrong? Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

ImageUploadedByModMyi1390670408.333554.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1390670420.706749.jpg
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 2014-01-25 at 06:30 PM.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sethbossfan View Post
    I really want to like his tweak so I can get HTML locks on my lock screen. I am using a spare 4s on IOS 7 (obviously). From reading I've seen some say the Crashing is majority occurring on 5s. I have disabled Groovylock and/or removed it and everything runs fine. No crashes. I have a full screen UNIAW iwidget and a small iwidget in my SB. My crashing when I apply just about any lock using Groovylock is very frequent. This with an animated or non animated lock.

Here is a screenshot of a Crash Reporter bit it doesn't really tell me anything other than mostly springboard crashes. And also a screen of my installed tweaks. Not sure what I'm missing. I'm using an IOS7 theme in Cydia and it's checked off in Winterboard if that makes any difference

A list of my installed tweaks and the crashes on crash reporter.

What am I missing or doing wrong? Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

ImageUploadedByModMyi1390670408.333554.jpg
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1390670420.706749.jpg
    Some people are having trouble with older phones - others are not. I don't think GroovyCarrot knows why yet. Running full animation lockscreens is just not a reality on iOS7 now. There's no real way around it yet. It's nothing 'you're' doing wrong.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

sethbossfan (2014-01-25)

Simon, when you get a random respring, not a crash, do you have any idea where your ram usage is at just before the respring? My initial thought is that there is a large memory leak somewhere and the respring is not random, but iOS's way to rectify the ram issue. I have noticed that iOS has been closing apps on me to regain ram, but when it runs out of apps, bam respring!

Don't misread this, I'm not saying its this tweak causing the memory leak, I'm just saying that something is causing it, as this is also happening on my i5. I have seen my ram go below 50 and then a respring some time later.

Just my observations.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (2014-01-25), Simon (2014-01-25), The_Durben (2014-01-25)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Simon, when you get a random respring, not a crash, do you have any idea where your ram usage is at just before the respring? My initial thought is that there is a large memory leak somewhere and the respring is not random, but iOS's way to rectify the ram issue. I have noticed that iOS has been closing apps on me to regain ram, but when it runs out of apps, bam respring!

Don't misread this, I'm not saying its this tweak causing the memory leak, I'm just saying that something is causing it, as this is also happening on my i5. I have seen my ram go below 50 and then a respring some time later.

Just my observations.
    I did have that status bar tweak showing ram but I removed it, too many issues every time it updated and not sure how accurate it was. I do remember it always being pretty low though. What are you using to monitor your ram? I'll use that and monitor it to see if it could be that.

And did you grab MJWall images from her original libraries on Copy.com? or did you get them from the MJWalls app?
    From her original copy.com one.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (2014-01-25)

I'm using infostats with a simple iWidget.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (2014-01-25), The_Durben (2014-01-25)

Thanks

Aah ok, I have infostats for Convergence. Which iWidget are you using?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (2014-01-25)

Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast