Page 126 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 4318

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

Quote Originally Posted by rikrickyy View Post
    Yes, XML file is in document folder
    Here is my XML
    Attachment 652310

I'm already do this, i've changed permissions of documents folder to read write and execute
    But still the weather not show on lockscreen.
    Ok, so WidgetWeather tweak is working just fine. You have another issue.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (2014-01-23)

and I don't know if this should matter but who knows?
    I'm using groovylock and not winterboard.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Yes, XML file is in document folder
    Here is my XML
    Attachment 652310

I'm already do this, i've changed permissions of documents folder to read write and execute
    But still the weather not show on lockscreen.
    Rik, Can you please zip up that file and upload it to MediaFire or DropBox and then paste the link here. I want to try it on my phone. I've had 2-3 places around the world - that even when the XML file was created properly - didn't translate data to the LockScreen or SpringBoard properly. Let me test that file for you on this end.

King is correct to say that WidgetWeather is functioning properly although it's not showing the extra neighborhood info even though you've switched that on. But the main data is there for any WW Lockscreen widget to function properly. Let me test it for you.

Grant

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-24), lostinthemes (2014-01-24), The_Durben (2014-01-23)

Grant the translations have not really anything to do with the xml data per se
    They will translate what it provides based on the main.js and the translation.js
    If the info is in the translation.js that's what will show for that chosen language.

And yes the lockscreen wi be functioning properly if no extra location info is there (just won't show if there's a div for it but no data present in the xml)
    As long as a main city shows that is the weather info that shows for it regardless of the extra location info
    Last edited by The_Durben; 2014-01-23 at 10:24 PM.

not sure if anyone noticed my troubles, but if somone could read my last 2 posts and help me out, that would be great.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Grant the translations have not really anything to do with the xml data per se
    They will translate what it provides based on the main.js and the translation.js
    If the info is in the translation.js that's what will show for that chosen language.
    It wasn't me making any reference to a translation file. Maybe you meant to quote someone else, D?

And yes the lockscreen will be functioning properly if no extra location info is there (just won't show if there's a div for it but no data present in the xml)
    As long as a main city shows that is the weather info that shows for it regardless of the extra location info
    What about if Atmospheric data is switched off? Nothing should fail in the 01-WidgetWeatherBase LS widget?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (2014-01-24)

I have a dumb question sorry in advanced if it's been posted, is widget weather supposed to be enabled under general/background app refresh as well? It seems city only changes when this is enabled and the GPS icon is displayed 100% of the time. Both weather and widget weather are enabled in location services tho too...

Thanks in advance everyone!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taykiin View Post
    I have a dumb question sorry in advanced if it's been posted, is widget weather supposed to be enabled under general/background app refresh as well? It seems city only changes when this is enabled and the GPS icon is displayed 100% of the time. Both weather and widget weather are enabled in location services tho too...

Thanks in advance everyone!
    The Location services icon for Widget Weather is on constantly for me WITHOUT Background app refresh on - IF - Widget weather is set to CONSTANT mode. Widget Weather does not require BACKGROUND APP REFRESH.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

iZangetsu (2014-01-24), taykiin (2014-01-24)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    It wasn't me making any reference to a translation file. Maybe you meant to quote someone else, D?

What about if Atmospheric data is switched off? Nothing should fail in the 01-WidgetWeatherBase LS widget?
    If Atmospheric is off you won't get the info it supplies. It would then be blank if we're s div in the lock.
    In the main.js of the base you'll see //Additional info

// end additional info

Everything between those is controlled by Atmospheric toggle. On it will show. Off it will not.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    If Atmospheric is off you won't get the info it supplies. It would then be blank if we're s div in the lock.
    In the main.js of the base you'll see //Additional info

// end additional info

Everything between those is controlled by Atmospheric toggle. On it will show. Off it will not.
    Cool, but it wouldn't break widget.. Right?

Cool, but it wouldn't break widget.. Right?
    No won't break it. Just won't show info for any of the calls to it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-24), NewD (2014-01-24)

The Location services icon for Widget Weather is on constantly for me WITHOUT Background app refresh on - IF - Widget weather is set to CONSTANT mode. Widget Weather does not require BACKGROUND APP REFRESH.
    Okay thank you for your input! Can anyone attest to the city not updating when set to Semi even tho it shows on that it was in fact updated? Just curious, great lockscreen...love it!

Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taykiin View Post
    Okay thank you for your input! Can anyone attest to the city not updating when set to Semi even tho it shows on that it was in fact updated? Just curious, great lockscreen...love it!

Thanks!
    Semi has not worked for me to update city on iOS7. At the Update interval the XML updates - but the city in the XML hasn't changed to correct city. It's been this way thru both released iOS7-compatible versions for me. I reported my findings to the Design team - but you're the first to corroborate my experience. You're on a 5S?
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-01-24 at 04:30 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-24), taykiin (2014-01-24)

Semi has not worked for me to update city on iOS7. At the Update interval the XML updates - but the city in the XML hasn't changed to correct city. It's been this way thru both released iOS7-compatible versions for me. I reported my findings to the Design team - but you're the first to corroborate my experience. You're on a 5S?
    Makes sense, I appreciate it and glad we could come together on the Semi setting. I am indeed on the 5s and my wife on the 5c both the same issue. No worries, I'm sure it'll get addressed at some point. Till then, gonna run constant and see if I experience any drastic issues and see how location reports tomorrow. Thanks again NewDestinyX and design team!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to taykiin For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-24)

Rik, Can you please zip up that file and upload it to MediaFire or DropBox and then paste the link here. I want to try it on my phone. I've had 2-3 places around the world - that even when the XML file was created properly - didn't translate data to the LockScreen or SpringBoard properly. Let me test that file for you on this end.

King is correct to say that WidgetWeather is functioning properly although it's not showing the extra neighborhood info even though you've switched that on. But the main data is there for any WW Lockscreen widget to function properly. Let me test it for you.

Grant
    okay.. here is the link :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2gfeffss2...%20weather.zip
    anyway, thanks for your help newdestinyX

I can also conform that the semi option doesn't work, I've been using DB WW MINI for the past week and half on semi, 10 min and it was working fine up until two days ago, but if put in on constant it work great, I tested it out this morning on a 1 hour drive to work on semi, 10min, it shows I'm still at my house, but change instantly when change to constant, also the XML file says it was updating.. I'm on a ip5

25. The Following User Says Thank You to gacates For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-24)

Thanks

okay.. here is the link :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2gfeffss2...%20weather.zip
    anyway, thanks for your help newdestinyX
    Ok.. Those two files work for me on my iPhone 5 with when using other Lockscreens. I need to test if for you on my 5S to be absolutely sure there's nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gacates View Post
    I can also conform that the semi option doesn't work, I've been using DB WW MINI for the past week and half on semi, 10 min and it was working fine up until two days ago, but if put in on constant it work great, I tested it out this morning on a 1 hour drive to work on semi, 10min, it shows I'm still at my house, but change instantly when change to constant, also the XML file says it was updating.. I'm on a ip5
    I'm sure Durben and King have reported it to SDDev. What's weird is that MamaJaay told us Semi worked on her 5S just fine. She uses almost no tweaks - so I wonder if a tweak conflict is the issue. .. They're always the hardest to find.

For what it's worth. Manual does update city either on my 5S.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-01-24 at 05:42 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-01-24)

Master & King of Mods Jazzman UK's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,889 Times in 6,215 Posts

Hey guys, i have been asked to mention this on here by my friend Superouse, we mod things together, i was not aware that if you use groovy lock you can't use a p.list in the theme on winterboard, well i can, i don't know the reason but both mine work together just fine, i am using a 5S with Coffee Diary, in the lock i have a ten image SS and the iwidget Coffee Diary clock converted by Superouse to work in there.
    He didn't believe it was all working so i sent him a display recorder video to prove it.

Just thought i would mention it and if any one has questions please ask....

I am not very good with code, i know the basics PS is my thing....
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=ryk911%40aol%2ecom&  lc=GB&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3aftdj  azzsig%2egif%3aNonHosted

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jazzman UK For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (2014-01-28), King_O_Hill (2014-01-24), RKO1195 (2014-01-26), The_Durben (2014-01-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman UK View Post
    Hey guys, i have been asked to mention this on here by my friend Superouse, we mod things together, i was not aware that if you use groovy lock you can't use a p.list in the theme on winterboard, well i can, i don't know the reason but both mine work together just fine, i am using a 5S with Coffee Diary, in the lock i have a ten image SS and the iwidget Coffee Diary clock converted by Superouse to work in there.
    He didn't believe it was all working so i sent him a display recorder video to prove it.

Just thought i would mention it and if any one has questions please ask....

I am not very good with code, i know the basics PS is my thing....
    Big Jazz what up!! You know MJ said she could too with her timed wall lock...thinking it may have problems with weather locks...just my guess...

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (2014-01-28), Jazzman UK (2014-01-24), King_O_Hill (2014-01-24), The_Durben (2014-01-24)

Master & King of Mods Jazzman UK's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,889 Times in 6,215 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Big Jazz what up!! You know MJ said she could too with her timed wall lock...thinking it may have problems with weather locks...just my guess...
    Hey Chevy am good buddy, been away too long lol, i can also use the weather so i am really stumped lol, i don't over do it on the tweaks tho, maybe i have something missing that most folks use....
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=ryk911%40aol%2ecom&  lc=GB&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3aftdj  azzsig%2egif%3aNonHosted

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jazzman UK For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (2014-01-28), King_O_Hill (2014-01-24), The_Durben (2014-01-24)

Page 126 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast