Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accident with file permissions. Need help!

Default Accident with file permissions. Need help!
    Well, I was an idiot, and accidentally changed the file permissions of everything in private/var/ and I reallized what I was doing so I pressed stop about halfway through, and then I restarted my iphone, and it won't get past the apple screen, isn't recognized at all by my computer, so I don't know what to do, and am panicking. please help, I neeed my phone

can you start in restore mode?

connect iphone to pc

hold power and home, when screen goes blk release power but keep holding home

and hopefully itunes will regonize it and you can restore

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

try setting permissions in var to 777 first before you restore.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

I doubt he can do that. Maybe try SSH anyway. Use your router to find the IP address.

Perhaps try DFU mode. Hold power and home for EXACTLY 10 seconds, then let go of power and continue to hold home until (hopefully), your computer recognizes it.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

Default Thank you thank you
    thank all of you, I didn't know about that recovery mode thing, thanks soo much, I'm back up and running now.

No problem, glad you got it fixed!
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!