Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why a.plist doesn't work in win xp

Default Why a.plist doesn't work in win xp
    Hi guys, first i've tried the dvd jon method to activate my iphone and it work well but some stuff sux (like changing itune, youtube down...)
    So i decided to move to next solution: jailbrake / iphoneinterface.
    everything is ok until i try to use : activate cmd in prompt line.
    i use the a.plist file include in dev wiki package but it won't work on win xp, it tell me not working on this plateform!
    Somebody now how to fix it? or can i put a.plist somewhere in the phone manually?
    Thanks

well i dont know of anyway to even get the permissions set right on the plist files in xp.. i use to use xp to access my osx hd and i could edit plist and kext files but theres no way to do the permissions right and that causes them to not function properly. gotta use osx i guess

You can open them in wordpad I just found out. I dunno how it saves but I am gonna play with it =)

not notepad , notepad opens messed up
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 2007-07-21 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

iPhone? More like MyPhone PReCioSa's Avatar
    Thanks

actually u can open plist files in windows xp if u can download the correct exe file to open them.

Green Apple
    Thanks

download plist editor for windows , its on a site called iPodrobot.com or something like that.