Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modifying phone number format

Default Modifying phone number format
    I bought an iphone in the States some years back, but I've currently moved to another country. Worked fine for me, so I never had the need to get a new one.

The format that apple currently has for the country is INCORRECT. It displays a phone number which is should be, (0x)-xxxx-xxxx as 0xxxx-xxx-xxx. It's a minor detail and calls are working, but it is just a little bit difficult to look at.

Also there are lesser used formats in my country for smaller towns, for instance:

(0xx)-xxx-xxxx and (0xx)-xxx-xxx.

How can I change the format of the numbers so it shows the correct formatting, and to automatically detect shorter phone numbers? Once again, the pre-set Apple version does not work. My phone is Jailbroken and Unlocked, but I do not have access to a wireless network or data at the moment, so I can't use Cydia, but can use my USB connector to upload files from a hard-wired connection.

I have tried looking for ABPPhoneFormats.plist, but it seems that this applies to an older firmware. The file is not present in my firmware (4.2.1)
    Last edited by D_FENS; 2011-09-01 at 05:32 AM.

Thanks

Well you can get Cydia on your iPhone through iPhone Browser or iFunBox.

You can also then put iFile on it so that you can edit files on the iPhone it's self.

Let me check around for some files and see if I can help you.

*****EDIT*****
    What country are you in?
    I think I have a lead
    Last edited by NicholasLAranda; 2011-09-04 at 09:26 AM.