Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 lock slider - won't go transparent

Unhappy iPhone 4 lock slider - won't go transparent
    Hello Modmyiers,

I'm currently experiencing a little problem.

I have searched endlessly to try find information on the net regarding this.

I would then try implement their methods, but the problem remains;
    I cannot get my lock slider to go transparent.

I recently jailbroke my iPhone 4 & I'm loving all the new possibilities. However this little annoyance has bugged me for the third day running.

I've tried everything I could think of:

- Modifying the theme that included the .png's inside "com.apple.TelephonyUI" to be transparent. - No cigar.

- Modifying the .png's inside "System/Library/PrivateFrameWorks" to also be transparent. - No cigar.

I'm left with one theory now (apart from me doing it wrong) I must be modding the incorrect files.

I have attached my lockscreen below to highlight my problem in the red rectangle.

For those who like the theme, or would like to download the theme for inspection; the source:
    LS Angelic by *discordante on deviantART

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam

Specs:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    White iPhone 4
    4.3.5 tethered jailbreak
    Winterboard 0.9.3211-1

Thanks

Make sure you do not have 2 or more themes enabled, that can cause trouble. Is the transparent slider part of the them? Or are you modifying it? I can't really tell by your post.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

You need two versions of the same file: the "@2x.png" version and an the "@2x~iphone.png" version. They both go in TelephonyUI.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    You need two versions of the same file: the "@2x.png" version and an the "@2x~iphone.png" version. They both go in TelephonyUI.
    I took it to my friend today & he helped me get it sorted, we did something similar, but thank you to those who posted in attempt to aid my troublesome dilemma.

Please tell us what you did to fix it. What finally worked?

Can you tell me what files you altered to achieve your effect. I'm still stuck on the rectangle background that the arrow slides through that I can't get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1ck View Post
    I took it to my friend today & he helped me get it sorted, we did something similar, but thank you to those who posted in attempt to aid my troublesome dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl88 View Post
    Can you tell me what files you altered to achieve your effect. I'm still stuck on the rectangle background that the arrow slides through that I can't get rid of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Please tell us what you did to fix it. What finally worked?
    The original version of the theme was incompatible with 4.3

He then searched for files from the source website that the author uploaded that made compatibility possible.

In all honesty I don't know where he found the files from on deviantart, but I'll upload a copy of mine.

After you chuck it into your themes, it should now work. (Hopefully)

http://www.mediafire.com/?jxcq5myclj37nag
    Last edited by sam1ck; 2011-09-01 at 03:27 AM.

Thank-you

Quote Originally Posted by sam1ck View Post
    The original version of the theme was incompatible with 4.3

He then searched for files from the source website that the author uploaded that made compatibility possible.

In all honesty I don't know where he found the files from on deviantart, but I'll upload a copy of mine.

After you chuck it into your themes, it should now work. (Hopefully)

LS Angelic.theme.rar