Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to

Default How do you add old photos to your Photo Library?
    I'm trying to pull a prank on a friend with my phone and it involves uploading photos into it as though I took them with the phone itself.

I am trying to insert the photo between two photos - ie. if they are IMG_0400 and IMG_0402, I am trying to replace IMG_0401.

I've uploaded the IMG_0401 to a directory with the other images in it, (i think it was /User/Media/DCIM/100APPLE), but when I go into the Photo Album app, the photos don't show.

I think the catch is there's no existing thumbnail for IMG_0401, so it won't show either a) when I look at all the thumbnails or b) when I'm flipping through the images.

I did discover that if there's an existing thumbnail, ie. if I replace IMG_0400 w/ a different image, I can replace the image and it will a) not show when I look at the thumbnails (the thumbnail remains of the pre-existing image), but b) it will show when I am flipping through images.

Does anyone know how to insert images into Photo Album? If you look at the images in the file directory, you can see they're new and not old, but in Photo Album you can't, so that should be good enough.

I think I just need to know where to put in the data to tell the phone there's a thumbnail for that image and also insert a new thumbnail, but I'm not sure how to do it. I could be wrong. Any help would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by zakiu; 2011-07-07 at 07:05 AM.

What program did you use? ifunbox has some advanced photo management stuff, maybe try it?

Try emailing to yourself then saving the image that way?