Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing unlock slider text

Default Changing unlock slider text
    I want to change the "slide to unlock text" on the lock screen. Can this be done in the system or would I have to apply a theme and change it in there? Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks.

There are a couple methods. The least recommended way is to just change it via the file system because it will always be that way until you restore or chng it back. Navigate to coreservices/library/springboard/eng/ then find springboard.strings.

The other way & the way I would go is find a theme with this already chnged & just chng it to what you want. The last way is there used to be an actually cydia app that could change any string you wanted to I don't know if it still exist, but that would be the best way if it still exist

Quote Originally Posted by iDiot00 View Post
    I want to change the "slide to unlock text" on the lock screen. Can this be done in the system or would I have to apply a theme and change it in there? Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks.
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

Look for slide to unlock and then replace it with whatever you want. Save, throw it back in there, and respring.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The easiest way is through a cydia mod called mystrings. There are other ones that will do the job but mystrings lets you customize some other things too. It is a paid app but you can get the free cracked version from either of these sources:
    insanelyi Repository - insanelyi or http://cydia.*************/ (insanelyi is a better source)

next go to your settings and scroll down to mystrings 2.0 and then click on sliders and at the top enter you text you want to change it from slide to unlock.

Sorry the second link is cydia.************* and incase you don't know you have to respring after changes
    Last edited by imungo; 2011-06-26 at 05:33 PM.
    Ben