Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! Dock Missing...

Default HELP!!! Dock Missing...
    I downloaded themes from this site and copied the folder via SSH. When I hit respring, the theme didnt work and the dock is missing.. cant let the dock show up unless i choose transparent dock in winterboard.. im using iphone 3g.

what should i do?

thanks a lot!

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

What theme(s) and where exactly did you copy the folder to? Does it appear in WB for you to apply?
    (And always helpful to list the iOS you are running)

Im sorry i already forgot the 2 theme names but i already deleted the folder via SSH and the path i placed the folder was root/var/private/stash/themes.xxxxxx...... im sure that i didnt delete any other folders in there. by the was i have iphone 3g 4.2.1.

thanks for the reply and tip man, i really appreciate it. hope we'll be able to resolve this problem.

Thanks

Sure thing!
    Though I might not have fully understood, is the dock gone meaning docked icons as well?
    Same symptom with nothing applied in WB?
    Just in case you somehow haven't, do a reboot / power off/on.
    Last edited by Phatmartino; 2011-06-22 at 04:09 AM.

i already did a reboot and nothing's happened. the docked icons as well are gone. there are big gaps between icons and you can only see until the dots(for pages) at the very bottom.

you can only see the dock and the docked icons again if you select transparent dock in WB and i doesnt really look good because icons are somehow compressed with each other and there is a big space below the dock.

Thanks

I looked at the transparent dock that comes with WB and it looks like it has 2 copies of the png named correctly, but both at the higher resolution. That's probably why it's working but messing with icon spacing and what not. If you'll be happy with transparent barring a real fix for now, I can post a resized copy later today. Mean time you could look around cydia for a few more docks and hope to come across one that's put together correctly.

Thanks

Here's a theme that's just the transparent dock image. I don't have the normal dock .pngs to give you, if you would prefer them I can try to look into it.

For now though, try this theme if you haven't already found anything else and at least see if it returns the icons without the spacing problem.

Uploaded in .rar and .zip if you have a preference and *note* (more for anyone else) this will only work for iPh and iPT 4.2.1 and below.

This is a WB theme folder ready to just copy to the same location you had put the others.
    Which, I still have minor confusion when browsing root folders on device in [iFile] which is the only way I go (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: I can explain why if you're curious) about when browsing makes automatic jumps from /var to /private, /mobile, etc.
    For example for me, also on 4.2.1, I would think it should be the same path but mine is:

/var/stash/Themes.XxxXXx

Could just be the way iFile shows the hierarchy, but either way with bookmarking it is just a breeze!

Good luck, let me know what happens...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Geez!!!! You're a genius man bro! everything went back to normal. thanks a lot! you are a very very huge help. thank you so much! i really appreciate it..

by the way do you also have some theme that could have an sms background too?

but anyway i could like to thank you once more!

Godspeed!

Thanks

No problem, glad it worked!

And yes I can definitely help you with SMS.*
    If you can post any image you'd like to be the BG I can prep it and put a theme together. If you don't have a specific image maybe at least give me a general idea of what you'd like to see, color, light or dark, etc. Or even just point me to an image anywhere on the net.
    I could also include some matching text bubbles at least.

Let me know, happy to help!

Hi

This is the theme i would like to have. the one that has the red BG and black outline will be for the lock screen and the one that has the black BG and red outline will be for the home screen then SMS BG will just be pure black. the bubbles that i would want to have will be colors black and gray. you can also do some customization if you want to.

By the way just add instructions on how to put it on my phone.

Im really excited to see and try out this theme.

Thanks a lot!
    [IMG][/IMG]

http:[email protected][email protected]/4978588648/in/photostream/lightbox/
    Last edited by john.jose; 2011-06-24 at 04:46 AM.

Thanks

Here are the Home and Lock BGs in a .zip, and I might recommend just syncing them to your photo/camera roll through iTunes and selecting them in your settings app (Might save some resources). Let me know if you'd really prefer they be (or if I'm unaware that on a 3g they have to be) part of a theme in Winterboard.

Black sms BG will be no prob, black sms bubbles might be a slight prob, hadn't needed to look into changing the text color and it's natively black. Might be possible, but I'll have to look into it...
    Last edited by Phatmartino; 2011-06-24 at 05:58 AM.

Actually, yes, i am using an iphone 3g so i wont be able to set it on the home screen. Also the bubbles that i want to have will be red and gray (typo error when i said black) since the SMS BG that i want will be pure black.

Thanks

Ok no prob. Should be able to get it together sometime tomorrow (a little busy tonight).

Thanks

Ok, this may take a try or two as I have no way to test for a 3gs, but here's a theme that hopefully will take care of the BG's (Lock/Home/SMS) - file called "00RedBlack00.zip"
    You'll put this in your WB folder just like you did for the dock.

As for the SMS bubbles, as far as I can tell you will need to replace the originals. This is how mine are themed, too.

So the file called "Balloons.zip" contains:

[email protected]~iphone.png
    Balloon_1~iphone.png
    Balloon_2@~iphone.png

Balloon_1 = Red (You're text balloon)
    Balloon_2 = Gray (Other person's text balloon)

If you wanted it the other way around (You=Gray, Other person=Red), just switch the _1 and _2 in the file names.

This Gray is just made a little darker than the originals, so if you're happy with the originals you could choose to only insert the Red.

The originals should be located in "Chatkit.framework"

For me the location is:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Chatkit.framework/

In this folder you should find the same file names as are in "Balloons.zip"

What I did was change the names of the originals to:

1Balloon_1~iphone.png
    1Balloon_2@~iphone.png

They will not be used as the file names (obviously) must be exact and that way they're still there and appear at the beginning of the directory all together in case you want them.

Then copy the new ones in from the .zip file.

If somehow the location is slightly different, hopefully WinSCP has a search feature and you can just search for "Chatkit.framework". If not, again I would strongly recommend iFile. (It is so powerful that I have never used OpenSSH. I've never needed to, and I can do most everything "on device").

Give 'em a try and let me know what happens...

Don't know if you have anything going on as far as a keyboard, but the attached image is an example of a possibility with "Color Keyboard" app. (Once you start theming, you tend to want more and more to match, figured I'd mention it).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ckguidered.png  

Hey, i tried the theme and it was perfect! im still copying the one for bubbles as of the moment though coz my winscp keeps on not responding (i dont know why). the keyboard image that you attached was awesome! i hope that would be possible to be on my theme as well. and how would i do that? do you have one of that ready? if you do maybe you could give me one just like that too.

Thanks a lot for helping me!

Thanks

Nice! Glad the BGs worked!

Like I said, I use "iFile" which is a Cydia app that runs on your phone and can make WinSCP unnecessary. It does cost $4.00, but as far as theming it has taught me everything I know. It is entirely visual, you can see the images that you're copying/replacing, make bookmarks to go staight to locations like Chatkit.framework, etc. Super easy copy/paste functionality, the list goes on and on. If you were to get it, I could easily help you do as much theming as you want. It's not absolutely necessary, but man, it's by far my most valued app and the best $4.00 I've ever spent.

As far as keyboards, on iOS 4.x and up Winterboard themes do not work. I use (and I made that Red KB for) an app called "Color Keyboard". I believe it's $1.99, and is the cheaper of two apps that are your only option.

Likewise, if you were to get Color Keyboard, I can give you that theme and/or tweak it to your exact specifications.

Just a couple of suggestions that of course cost a little money, but are both amazingly worth it!
    Last edited by Phatmartino; 2011-06-29 at 05:29 AM.