Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Binary

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Binary
    Friends of MMi,

I should start by warning you that this is my first time posting on the site since the redesign; now that the app doesn't work and my workplace blocks sites with Gestapo-like skill, I haven't really been able to hop on like I once could. I tell you this because like an angry old man who hates change, I'm having a little trouble adjusting to the site, let alone finding things.

I've been searching through MMi and Google for a good 45 minutes now trying to find a current and up-to-date binary-to-xml/ascii converter. Most of the sites I've found are old and riddled with broken links, or just don't work altogether. I don't know PERL, which seems to be what most of them are in. Basically, I just want to mess with .strings files so I can custom edit the text displayed on the phone. I've SSHd all the files I need off of the phone, I just can't properly convert them as to be able to use a text editor.

I do apologize if this is one of those things that thousands of people flood the site asking for help on; I really did look pretty hard, and I think I burned a hole through my leg with my laptop. I'm running WinXP and 4.2.1 (greenpois0n). Thank you all for your help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Totally forgot about Erica Utilities. I'll be in the back over there where you can flog me.