Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: REAL 4.2.1 MULTITASKING FIX!!!!!! (not opengles-2)

Default REAL 4.2.1 MULTITASKING FIX!!!!!! (not opengles-2)
    Hello ModMyi,
    I have discovered a way to fix the multitasking crash on 4.2.1, WITHOUT weird lines all over apps!!!

NEW safe instructions! DO NOT follow the old ones, they don't work!
    I'm writing from my iPod so they're short and to the point.
    1. Download www.parrotgeek.info/SpringBoard.zip
    2. unzip
    3. Move "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Springboard" somewhere else
    4. Move patched file to "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard".
    5. Chmod 755, chown root:root
    6. KEEP SSH OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
    7. respring
    8. If it does not get to lockscreen, move old SpringBoard binary back AND TELL ME! Please include what device you have. I am starting to think this only works for me...

Thank you!

I apologize for the bricked phones.
    (they used the old method)
    Last edited by parrotgeek1; 2011-10-27 at 09:11 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to parrotgeek1 For This Useful Post:

ashindnile (2011-11-27)

I'm installing a hex editor now...

I'm the creator of the "pseudo" plist hack and I would just like to say thanks . I've been looking for a possible way to remove those damn lines.

I really hope this works

EDIT

Well thank god AFC2ADD still works It might be a permissions problem...?

Permissions on Springboard.unpatched are 0755, after I reuploaded the patched one it changed the new ones to 0644, testing new permissions

EDIT 2

Not working, wont boot with patched file. Even changing permissions doesn't work.
    Good try though..
    Last edited by xXrkidXx; 2011-06-14 at 02:02 AM.
    iPhone 3G 4.2.1 - iPod touch 3G 5.0 Beta 1
    Windows 7 - OS X 10.5.6

very weird, maybe there is a differernce between iphone 3g and touch 2g springboard. i am now downloading 3g ipsw and trying to patch it myself. might take me a while (stupid 1mbps DSL!)
    did you do it on mac or pc, if on mac try hex fiend?
    i have also made a patcher, add http://parrotgeek.info/repo to cydia and download it.
    lol i dont even have afc2add, will get it as soon as my ipod finishes charging.

Quote Originally Posted by parrotgeek1 View Post
    very weird, maybe there is a differernce between iphone 3g and touch 2g springboard. i am now downloading 3g ipsw and trying to patch it myself. might take me a while (stupid 1mbps DSL!)
    did you do it on mac or pc, if on mac try hex fiend?
    i have also made a patcher, add http://parrotgeek.info/repo to cydia and download it.
    lol i dont even have afc2add, will get it as soon as my ipod finishes charging.

Just wonder if anyone has tried this patcher in Cydia on the iphone 3G as I am curious to see if it works as I am fed up of them graphical line errors.

Thanks a lot, in the comments i saw the repo, which was actually what helped, so for the sake of others, add the stuff about the repo in the topic so people don't go bricking their phone immediately! By the way, this is what they have done in the whited00r's firmware, so its a surprise so many of you don't know!

Downloaded the patcher from the repo and installed it on my 3G after removing the opengles-2 option from N82AP capabilities. Had to restore to access the phone again. The phone just went black - and wouldn't boot into the springboard. I couldn't even access the phone through ssh. I might be willing to try again if the patcher gets updated (and I know I have the time to restore if everything fails again). I'd really like to get rid of those lines. ;-)

'File Not Found;'
    Hey man, glad to see you hav updated..
    I've beenworking on this for a while, is this update for iphone 3g?
    Link Dead, but any way...
    nope, this works for me as well. I have an iPT 2
    Last edited by ashindnile; 2011-11-27 at 02:20 PM.

I am curious to see if it works as I am fed up of them graphical line errors.

there is a MAJOR difference between those files... one uses an entirely different file! You could just SSH into your iTouch, go to /system/library/coreservices(orwahteverthisis)/springboard.app/and edit the plist in there! Just add a line: <key>multitasking</key> [enter] </true>

Quote Originally Posted by ashindnile View Post
    'File Not Found;'
    Hey man, glad to see you hav updated..
    I've beenworking on this for a while, is this update for iphone 3g?
    Link Dead, but any way...
    nope, this works for me as well. I have an iPT 2
    sorry! i fell asleep after I posted that and forgot to upload it.
    here you go:
    SpringBoard.zip (867,19 KB) - uploaded.to

Default Amazing news for downloaders::zevera premium account giveaways!!!
    Yes you heard it right!!! An awesome blod, megaleecher is giving away zevera premium accounts for free.
    A short note on Zevera:
    It is a premium downloader!! Yes, all you need to have is a zevera account and it will download files from a huge variety of FILEHOSTS.

FOR MORE INFO HEAD OVER HERE!!!:
    Code:
    [EXCLUSIVE GIVEAWAY] Zevera Premium Downloader - Download From wUpload, Hotfile, Fileserve, Filesonic, Megaupload and many other filehosters paying them no more.... | Megaleecher.Net

hey parrotgeek, I'm running IOS 4.2.1 on my 3g jb with pwnagetool, i've enabled multitasking but the fix won't work, i've used your repo's patch and even the manual mode. am i the only one who can't run this fix?

Hi, I have an iPhone (3G) on iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak with redsn0w (didn't enable anything at all)
    The first time I edited the binary file ("Springboard" (no ext) inside CoreServices\Springboard.app\)
    and edited 2 lines with "opengles2" and made "opengles1" of it.
    It did NOT work, boot-loop as result.

The second time I did the same but first I added the well known "<key>multitasking</key><true/>" to the N82AP.plist
    and again a BOOT-LOOP as result.

The third time I added the http://parrotgeek.info/repo and installed the fix, but when I pressed the respring button the wheel kept spinning forever...

Could you please recheck the files or whatever we gotta do to make it run???

thanks

I think you do have to ldid it. It depends on what you jailbreak with.

Quote Originally Posted by parrotgeek1 View Post
    I think you do have to ldid it. It depends on what you jailbreak with.
    FirstI I want to thank you for the reply,
    But I don't get what you mean by "to ldid it".
    Could you please explain? Btw: I jailbreak with redsn0w
    Thanks in advance