Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: change att carrier name only when it shows att?

Default change att carrier name only when it shows att?
    Haven't been able to find the answer to this yet...is there something I can change with ifile or something that will change the carrier name only when it is supposed to say att? For example, I want the phone to still let me know when I'm on my Microcell at home, or say No Service when I have no service...I just want to replace the AT&T carrier name string...can I do that?

Thanks
    1. You must have a Jailbroken iPhone with SSH and BSD Subsystems. (WinSCP) (CyberDuck)

2. Navigate to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Unknown.Bundle

3. Copy the carrier.plist to your desktop and create a copy of it

4. Convert the plist file here so you can edit it.

5. Search for: <key>AllowPrefixMatching</key> <false/> (there should be more
    then one... Just take the first one.)

6. Replace <false/> with <true/>

7. Right under AllowPrefixMatching, there should be a <key>CarrierName</key>. This carrier, for me, is Vodafone. It might be different for you. You can actually edit any carrier name, be it AT&T, O2 or T-Mobile. Just make sure you set AllowPrefixMatching to True.

8. Replace Vodafone (or whichever carrier you picked) with your carrier. Note that this is case-sensitive.

9. Replace the Default and FSO.png of the carrier you change. So, if you changed Vodafone, you got to replace the Default and FSO Vodafone png.

10. For the logo that appears in the springboard, it is the FSO.png. For the logo that appears in applications, its the default.png. Once you replace the images, restart your iPhone.