Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incoming Text Message Sound Issue...

Default Incoming Text Message Sound Issue...
    I just bought a friends 3GS Jailbroken and Unlocked.

The phone has a text message received sound issue. Whenever I receive a text message, the accompanying sound is the "whoosh" sound for outgoing mail. It does not matter which of the 6 New Text Message alert sounds I select, (tri-tone, chime, glass, etc) the sound is always the outgoing mail "whoosh" sound.

I used iphonebrowser 1.9.3 to go into the phone but the strange thing is that the sounds for sms-received 1-6 are the correct default apple sounds, 1 is tri-tone, 2 is chime, etc. Somehow the phone settings have been changed so that regardless of what text sent sound you select, it only uses the mail sent sound. I am guessing that the "toggles?" for the sounds now point at the mail sent instead of the New text sound. Anyone know how to redirect the pointer to the correct sounds?

The phone is a 3GS on Ver 4.1 with a firmware of 06.15.00

Thanks

do you have any activated themes through winterboard?

I had not thought of that, but alas that was not the case. No themes have been slected.

if you have an app like bitesms or anyring, it can override the default sound

Thanks

yea its most likely an app thats changing your ringtone, you should look at all the settings for your cydia apps starting with ones that either control your mms or sms such as bitesms and im not sure if irealsms changes ringtones but it might, or if you have any apps that theme your device

very true. I have bite SMS installed and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to change the SMS sounds but I checked in the settings and it was overwriting to a specific sound. so I changed it. you can toggle on or off

Thanks

So did that fix it?