Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: keypad location

Default keypad location
    I tried searching but to no avail.

Just wondering what the file location for the keypad is in the iphone 4 and how to change it to another custom file? Thanks so much!

Are you talking about the phone keypad or the lockscreen keypad? im going assume that you are talking about the phone dialer keypad and are making a theme to change the icons. If so, then follow this directory: "yourthemename"/Bundles/com.apple.mobilephone/ once there add your custom dialerkeypad.png, [email protected], dialerkeypad_pressed.png [email protected]

If you want to replace the system images then navigate to var/stash/Applications/MobilePhone.app and replace the dilaerkeypad.png and dialerkeypad_pressed.png (adding @2x if on iPhone 4)
    Last edited by smoochiezz24; 2011-05-17 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smoochiezz24 View Post
    Are you talking about the phone keypad or the lockscreen keypad? im going assume that you are talking about the phone dialer keypad and are making a theme to change the icons. If so, then follow this directory: "yourthemename"/Bundles/com.apple.mobilephone/ once there add your custom dialerkeypad.png, [email protected], dialerkeypad_pressed.png [email protected]

If you want to replace the system images then navigate to var/stash/Applications/MobilePhone.app and replace the dilaerkeypad.png and dialerkeypad_pressed.png (adding @2x if on iPhone 4)
    Thanks for the reply. Still confused. I downloaded a keypad (dialer) on this site. But there are no instructions on where to place the file and whether or not I need to replace the original file. Can I just place the file in a folder where it will show up with the rest of my winterboard theme options? If so, how do I do that? Thanks so much!

Yeah, those are definitely the instructions right there ^^^^. You can create your own theme or go into your existing one. Once you open the theme, you will see a bundle folder. Inside of that bundle folder go in to the folder name com.apple.mobilephone. If its not there create the folder and inside of the folder place your own dialerkeypad.png or [email protected] if you have an iphone 4. That should be all.