Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it safe to...

Default Is it safe to...
    So since I play around with the insdie of my iPhone alot, I have noticed that the Applications folder's are called things like 4BABABAB4B-etc. and completely undistinguishable from one another without opening the folder and viewing it's Blank.app folder.
    So is it safe if I were to rename this 4BABABABAB4B to something like 'Angry Birds' for example? Or would I have to memorize those names and convert them to English in my head?
    Thanks!
    leftybeaver128

Thanks

No need are you using ifile? If so in settings is a slider for application names just slide it to on. Now they appear as the names of the apps. You don't wanna change them because it's looking for it to be named 5632567- or whatever it may be. You'll screw up the path to that app.

I use iFile but it also shows up on Terminal too. That generally annoys me...

Thanks

Your best bet is ifile like I said. The terminal will always show the 4ababa- name like I said. That's the name it's looking for so without having to change a bunch of stuff it'll just cause problems for you in the end.

Okay. Thank you for saving me from screwing with my iPhone

Thanks

No problem.