Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Interesting Idea

Default Interesting Idea
    I have an idea for a pretty epic mod:
    I have an iPod Touch 1G 8GB on 3.12 that I really don't care about and it only gets used for music in my car. My idea is to get rid of basically everything on the device except for the Music app. So when you press the home or power button, the Music App pops up, no slide to unlock, no springboard, just the app. From inside the app the home button will be useless because it won't be able to exit the app. Do you think this is possible? If so how? I'm working on it now trying to figure it out

I feel like you would be better off selling/trading the touch in for an click wheel iPod. You could get one cheap with a lot more space as well.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

what you could do..
    install activater.
    and for single click of home button and single click of power button have it load music app..
    then delete all main stock apps except music app and springboard..
    and activator of course.
    should work.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to seann33uk For This Useful Post:

btowne (2010-11-09)

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    what you could do..
    install activater.
    and for single click of home button and single click of power button have it load music app..
    then delete all main stock apps except music app and springboard..
    and activator of course.
    should work.
    I like that idea, I have to do a lot of studying so I probably won't get to it tonight, definitely tomorrow though

So I finally did it so I'm going to bump this

This thing is flippin sweet.
    - If the screen is off, pressing either home or lock opens up Music.app (no lockscreen)
    - From inside the music app, pressing the: home button- basically re-opens the music app (virtually nothing)
    lock button- turns the screen off
    double pressing the lock button- opens up settings
    - From inside settings: home button- opens up Music
    lock button- locks device

Besides music, all I have on it is:
    - Cydia, just in case I need something ever
    - SBSettings, used to access Springboard for whatever reason
    - Activator, necessary for all of the gestures
    Last edited by btowne; 2010-11-17 at 06:48 AM.

While I would use my iPod Touch for my more than just music, I appreciate someone accomplishing a task they were hoping for, so well done!

haha thank you very much!
    I have an iPhone so I never have my iPod Touch on me because my iPhone covers all of my needs. So I just leave it in the car to play music but now there is way less fiddling with it when trying to pick a song while I'm driving

What would make it even better is if you were able to activate voice control on it and then you could just speak your music selection to it making choosing music that much less tedious.

Another idea, if you can get wifi sync working on it, you could transfer music to it without ever having to take it out of the car, so you never forget it on your computer desk or kitchen table, wherever.

This reminds me of an idea I had years ago that I was gonna use a modded Xbox for, to turn it into a wireless in car media center with an LCD screen, and bluetooth connectivity. Never ended up doing it...

Quote Originally Posted by iamjamieq View Post
    What would make it even better is if you were able to activate voice control on it and then you could just speak your music selection to it making choosing music that much less tedious.

Another idea, if you can get wifi sync working on it, you could transfer music to it without ever having to take it out of the car, so you never forget it on your computer desk or kitchen table, wherever.
    Great ideas but it is a first gen so VC is kind of out of the question. Also, I'm going to have to bring it inside to charge it anyways so it really isn't that big of a deal, I rarely update my music anyways

For the charging I was thinking of the way I use my iPhone, with a charging transmitter/dock.

Still a great idea you implemented.