Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 and idroid (need help)

Default iPhone 4 and idroid (need help)
    Has anyone tried to install openiboot or idroid on the iPhone 4?? I installed bootlace, but it said it was not compatible with my device. FYI I have iOS 4.1 on my iPhone 4 and used greenpois0n to jailbreak it.

Has anyone tried or install idroid & openiboot on there iPhone 4 ???

If you have and know the link to the page, please link!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

It says it is only for iPhone 2g and iPhone 3G. So iPhone 4 is not supported.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

And for who ever feels like asking, "why?", well just because, that's why. I wanna be like here, look, it's the new droid, or idroid/4. Just because I can.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

careful not to brick your phone. It is only for 2G/3G like cer0 said.

I actually have seen a user who did it on his 3G, uninstalled it, then bricked his phone. So be careful, especially when your device isn't currently supported for iDroid.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Lol you're funny B. Thank you for the useful input.

Quote Originally Posted by jw_mahoney81 View Post
    Has anyone tried to install openiboot or idroid on the iPhone 4?? I installed bootlace, but it said it was not compatible with my device. FYI I have iOS 4.1 on my iPhone 4 and used greenpois0n to jailbreak it.

Has anyone tried or install idroid & openiboot on there iPhone 4 ???

If you have and know the link to the page, please link!!!
    Confused? lol, I find it funny when moderators of a hacking community lack in technical skill.

jw_mahoney81, the site with the best and most up to date information about droid on the iphone 4 is going to be the idroidproject over here Status - iDroidWiki

The only problem is that the community is not very big and they currently need a $2,000 license to speed up the debugging process. Even with the newest jailbreaks, they rely on exploits that occur extremely early in the bootloader in order to switch the system over the the linux loader. There are some other methods they are working on, but the process is especially slow with only one of the devs actually owning an a4 device.

As for bricking is concerned, you run a negligible risk. The iphone dfu mode is extremely robust and it's pretty hard to do something that can't be undone. Plus you can't even modify the iphone 4 bootloader right now, so no worries

p.s. you should never have to answer "why" when it comes to hacking. People who ask that question have no concept doing something just to see if it can be done.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I find it funny that you're insulting a moderator. Having your history, I'd be more careful with the way you say things, especially at a senior moderator. This is your warning, answer the OP's question as you did very well, but don't go around being a ****** saying things that insult others whether they're a mod or not.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I find it funny that you're insulting a moderator. Having your history, I'd be more careful with the way you say things, especially at a senior moderator. This is your warning, answer the OP's question as you did very well, but don't go around being a ****** saying things that insult others whether they're a mod or not.
    Please don't call me a ******, especially given your history reported.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Please clean up your behavior. This is a friendly forum. Sarcasm can be played in a non-insulting way, but purposely insulting other members unnecessarily is not appropriate.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hexxah and 3 other ppl on twitter are making openiboot and idroid for iphone 3gs and iphone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhasadhd View Post
    Hexxah and 3 other ppl on twitter are making openiboot and idroid for iphone 3gs and iphone 4.
    so when is that available?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

When you say the 3G got bricked by uninstalling iDroid...completely bricked? Like in the good old days of turning it into a paperweight?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah it seemed like it was screwed. He said he installed it, it was fine but he didnt want it anymore so he uninstalled it. Forgot exactly what happened but during the uninstall he ran into some trouble. Tried to restore and it failed. Seems like he couldnt even get android back on it nor could he get the original iPhone OS on it. So basically restore wouldn't do it, the phone would turn on but doesn't boot to anything, and I think android didn't uninstall correctly/completely. It wouldn't even go through a standard upgrade.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2010-12-16)

Thanks

Well, so much for installing iDroid. Thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

:/ sorry to scare you off. I've heard of success stories too? Lol. I mean I'm sure if you know what you're doing it'll be ok...

Thanks

Modding is not an issue for me unless there is something wrong the modding software.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Hmm true. I think it's just a scary thing to not even be able to get the original OS back on the phone. I'm still wondering what went wrong with his phone. I'm inclined to say user error, but its hard to say. Sometimes I do everything right and the phone still acts up.

Thanks

I do more damage tweaking my phones than devs do lol.

I am a little late in posting this but came accross the idroid while fixing an error 23 problem on my gf's 3g so I installed it must say it is pretty sweet. My daughter has an acer liquid with android and I tweak that for her when she needs it. Install was simple and easy. I would like to see a version for the iphone 4 as i would use it on mine