Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Low Battery Alert

Wink Low Battery Alert
    I don't know if somebody has found this mod that you can pretty much do by yourselves without adding another "daemon" to do your bidding.
    I'm talking about what most of us explorers want to do to make our iDevices perform the way that pleases us.
    I've been reading through searches that would enable our iPhones to emit an alarm once battery level has gone down to 20%;and I haven't come across a solution,except to add an "app" or another "daemon" that would enable the device to do just that: emit an audible sound when "Low Battery" is reached.
    Then again,the solution could be just as simple as "overwriting" a certain file deep in the /System/Audios/UISounds folder.iPhones actually have that sound event in that folder,problem is the file is hardly "audible" that one can hardly hear it.So,what could be done might be just as simple as overwriting that file with something we have to make ourselves.
    For my part(I don't know if this could be applicable to everyone's iPhones),here's what I did...
    - SSHed to my device using WinSCP(Windows,one has to have this installed in Windows to access your iPhone's inner workings,and of course,OpenSSH in your device).
    - Went to /System/Audios/UISounds folder and found the sound file: low_battery.caf;opened it and there is sound but it's hardly audible.
    - Searched for a audio file in my PC and then copied it to that folder;then renamed it to "low_battery.caf";just click OK when windows ask you if you want to overwrite and just overwrite it.Respring your device and,voila,an event sound will happen once your battery low level alert goes off.
    - Enjoy...
    And oh,by the way,verify that under whatever "Themes" your device is in,SSH INTO IT AND GO/lIBRARY/Themes/(your current theme's folder)/UISounds and if no "low_battery.caf" is found,just copy one there and that should do the trick...I hope.I still have to test mine(fingers crossed).
    Last edited by baiGee; 2010-11-06 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks
    Just wondering what iPhone you have? And confirmation of what iDevice(s) this is confirmed to work on? Thanks
    "If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"