Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing the start up image?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Changing the start up image?
    I was going throught folders and i got to /system/Library/coreservices/springboard.app and i found a file called applelogo. I was wondering if you changed that if that new pic would be the stArtup amage. Because thats the only place i see that logo is the startup? Does anyone no?

That doesn't work I've tried it

Idk the answer here
    But I have looked for it

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You cannot currently change the boot logo on most devices. Although I think the newest redsn0w added this to old bootrom 3GS. Anything newer is a no go at the moment.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you change that image why doesnt it work? It uses a image to display and that image is the only place i see is when you turn on a phone? Out of all the stuff we can do we cant change a logo haha

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhasadhd View Post
    If you change that image why doesnt it work? It uses a image to display and that image is the only place i see is when you turn on a phone? Out of all the stuff we can do we cant change a logo haha
    You can change the image at that location but it won't change the startup image, it's somewhere else probably without a png tag where the OS inserts the png on the end and it uses that

I don't know how to set it up manually, but redsn0w-win 0.9.4 on the 3G gives you the option to change the boot screen and the restore screen. Later I'll see if I can find the file and swap it out. Here's my startup image:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -satan1n.png  

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhasadhd View Post
    I guess your talking of applelogo.png in springboard.app? If so that isn't the boot image it is the image you will see if you "reset all settings" in settings app..

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I dont see it there? Iv done that befor never saw an apple logo? Well if i change it will that change the pic in reset all settings? And does anyone know where the pic is in the os for boot logo. And whu cant you change it unless u use redsnow? Its just an image right?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

The boot image isnt kept in the regular file system. It is kept in the nor I believe. That is why a full access untethered bootrom exploit is needed to change it. Which is why redsn0w can do it on old bootrom devices.

Thanks

x98car is right, it is stored in nor

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well whyd apple do that? it doesnt makesense to me really? when you think about what they do. a startup image blocking souldnt be a big deal? so its basically blocked?

Thanks

No they're not purposely blocking it, the device will boot from nor flash so having to fetch the boot image from outside nor would be ridiculous pretty much